New units: Chinese, Greek, Russian WWI infantry 12/08/2004

BeBro

King of the Krauts

Attachments

• WWI_inf02.jpg
    WWI_inf02.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 3,546
Did China fight during ww1? I guess vs Japan...

Great Units!!!

the chinese is my favorite toooo! :D:D:D

Cool..Been waiting for the Russian one for awhile. Just curious, how many more of these are you doing?

I know Greece went to war with Turkey, right after WWI..I am guessing they were still using that uniform then.

We are approaching the target zone - modern infantry combat :)

I WANT MORE !!!

ShiroKobbure said:
looks the same to me, only blue but i dont know the colors because the photos are in black and white
Which Sino-Japanese war are you talking about then?

There were two wars known as the Sino-Japanese War (between China and Japan):

The first Sino-Japanese War occurred between 1894 and 1895, primarily over control of Korea.
The second Sino-Japanese War occurred between 1931 (proceeding in earnest in 1937) and 1945 as part of World War II. ...

btw.- the Japanese looked like this in the 1st Sino-Chinese War which I belive you are talking about, right?

Greece DID fight in WW1.

In 1917 2 Greek divisions attacked and managed some victories on the Macedonian front. Greece would have done more, but was betrayed by a German-oriented "peace loving" King.

Japan also did some fighting in the pacific, If I recall. They fought the Germans for control of some small islands, but nothing really major.

Edit: This post is fifteen years old. My word. Has anything I've ever done lasted for fifteen years? Probably not.I'm getting introspective in my old age.

Last edited:
Goldflash said:
Japan also did some fighting in the pacific, If I recall. They fought the Germans for control of some small islands, but nothing really major.

Yes, they did. Nothing major though as you said.

@Kjaran: In 1917 2 Greek divisions attacked and managed some victories on the Macedonian front. Greece would have done more, but was betrayed by a German-oriented "peace loving" King.[/QUOTE]
Right- attacked who by the way ? I was talking about war- not taking a border town... with all due respect.

@Dom, the Japanese took Tsingtau, though lost the race for themselves colonising the German Pacific colonies to Europeans and Australians. The Germans gave the Japanese an unexpectedly hard time though- especialy when considering the odds of being vastly outgunned and outnumbered.
http://www.zum.de/psm/imperialismus/kolonialatlas18/atlas15e.php

@Goldflash- we were talking about China, not Japan lol

EDIT: *cough* Hunter (below) Does anyone read the posts in this forum...

The Japanese also helped in the 1918-1919 military action against the Russian "Reds" after the civil war began. This helped push the USA to commit troops to the effort due to the dissturst that was growing between them. But overall the Japanese were really just expanding their empire during WW1.

Top Bottom