Bmp2bic (re-uploaded)

Longasc

Deity
Hello!

I cannot find this tool here.

Is there a version for C3C, too?

Thanks a lot.

It might've been deleted when Thunderfall removed old attachments. I just uploaded it to the server.

bmp2bic

Note: I think the graphics pallete for forestB and jungle in the pallete file might be switched. Just remember that when you're editing and see forest and jungle in the wrong places.

Just to note - the largest map you can make is 256x256, and they need to be of an even dimension (i.e. 60x60, 80x80). If you have an irregularly shaped map, add a box to the bottom, or side of the map to make it something like 100x100 or 256x256. You can crop the map later in C3C using F12.

Moderator Action: Just to note, I'm going to move this to the utilities section, since most people will be looking there for this file. The origanal thread and traces of this file seem to have vanished. That includes the user who made this utilty, which seems to be lost in cyberspace.

Chieftess: I saw this thread earlier in the C&C forum, and I was looking again to see if anyone had responded and and I couldn't find it. I thought I was going out of my mind.... :lol: :lol:

Take a look at the pallette file that comes with the program. When you create a bitmap file, you simply copy the colors as your "tile".

1 - Create a bitmap file. (I think it has to be the same dimensions - i.e., 80x80, 100x100, 256x256). *note* It uses the old vanilla Civ3 world size dimenions.
2 - Open the palette that comes with the program.
3 - Using the eyedropper tool in a paint program, select the color (tile) that you want, and start painting!

Just to note - I think the plains forest, and jungle palettes are swapped. So be careful. (not sure if I fixed that when I re-uploaded it).

If you want a different sized world (i.e., 180x100), you can make it 180x180, and fill the bottom 80 pixels with 1 color (i.e. brown for mountains). In the Civ3 Conquests Editor, press F12 to crop the map.

No. It only reads and writes to/from bmp and bic files. Something like Paint Shop Pro - Anim Shop Pro can view flc's. There might be an flc viewer in the utilities section.

I can't get this thing to work! I've made a map of the propper size, with only three colors from the propper pallete, but when I generate the map the BMPtoBicData file or whatev its called is blank. What Am I doing wrong?!

What do you mean blank? Is the filesize 0? Nothing on the map? Do you have a screenshot? Also, you may have to put a few tiles down (i.e., coastal) on coastal tiles and move the map a bit to clear things up.

Know what? I'll just upload what I'm trying to make into a map.. .becasue my explain skills aren't very high

It worked fine.

Korea

One note - I had to make the seas ocean since it turned the sea into all coast. But, if you want to use it in PTW or C3C, go to file, then import. You can select to just import the map. You'll notice that this is a "clean" map. No bonus grassland tiles, etc.

Thank you, Cheiftess! This Confuses me utterly as to why It didn't Work for me. Maybe I insulted its mother at one point?

Mega bump. Blue Monkey has posted an extremely useful guide for this utility here.

Thanks BM. :goodjob:

I seem to have the same problem as Goldflash and can't get the map to generate properly, It's blank in the editor. Blue monkey seems to think that the original bmp had to be in a specific location. Can anyone verify this and if so where does the original have to be?

Top Bottom