Borders with Flags in the Hills and Mountains

Goes in:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Terrain

Don't forget to backup original.

Edit Aug 19/04: The flags everywhere file is for those who wanted the flags in the jungle.
The flags everywhere preview is down at post #11. There are only two type of borders: flat terrain and hill terrain. (I prefer to just have of few flags around, therefore; I'm partial to the hills only).

Attachments

• Territory.pcx
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,152
  • flags everywhere Territory.pcx
    7.6 KB · Views: 675
very good your conversion!extordinary!if you remember iwas one of the first who asked flags to be placed in the borders.i think also that flags should be placed and in grassland borders,i\generally all types of terrain.well done. :goodjob:

I like the way you are going with this stuff :thumbsup:. I would suggest adding the flags to jungle terrain, however, as that seems to be one of the most difficult areas to see borders.

Yaype said:
I like the way you are going with this stuff :thumbsup:. I would suggest adding the flags to jungle terrain, however, as that seems to be one of the most difficult areas to see borders.

The issue is that there are only two border types hills/mountains and water/grassland/plains/tundra. Jungle is a grassland overlay, therefore; grassland goes down, then border, then jungle. This is why the borders can be covered by jungle.

I could add flags to both and but it could become very cluttered, maybe there would be too many flags. Not sure if I would want to see them all over the plains/tundra/grassland.

The flags should be okay on the water as they could be viewed as buoys.

Maybe I'll make an alternate later.

Yaype said:

i said the same thing.i agree in this.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I would really like to get these working.

I didn't get any response on the custom and creation forum and when I posted it here before, it slipped off the screen as well.

This is really odd, how these will work when I am testing on the editor, but when using them in game, some of it doesn't show.

It looks like it is a palette problem, but shouldn't the pallete problem show up in the editor.

This is a little more complex than the usual graphics, because it seems to invert the colours in the pallete. Example if I use black it shows up in terrain as white.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit: Fixed and posted as Razor Wire.

Top Bottom