New Unit: Yeti (with gun)

Flamegrape

Warlord
Yeti
by Flamegrape
Release Date: 20 August 2004

This is my second unit. Just like my first one, most of the work is not original. This unit is a slight modification of the "Wookie" unit created by GIDustin. I presume that it was an appropriated unit from a Star Wars computer game such as "Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds" but I am not sure about this. All I did was change the color of the wookie's fur from brown to white.

I've also included sounds that are taken from supposedly real recordings of a sasquatch (a.k.a. Bigfoot). The attack sound is a gun blast, not a blaster fx from Star Wars.

I created the Yeti unit for my Subgenius CIV3 mod.

Although a yeti would probably just use it's claws, I thought a blaster-weilding yeti would be okay for the purposes of my scenario.

This unit is probably not very useful for most mods. But if you like to put weird stuff in your CIV3 games, this would be just the thing you need.

Attachments

• Yeti_(w.Gun).zip
    350.1 KB · Views: 396
  • YetiAttack.gif
    YetiAttack.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 2,745
  • Yeti_PCX_files.zip
    67 KB · Views: 254
I see this guy having a career as a UU for one of the civs from one of the FF games that has Yetis as PCs. I'll see If I can come up with some kind of Pedia icons and Units_32.pcx files later.

ocedius said:
:eek: :crazyeye: :rotfl:

Wheres my Yak ! Wheres my Yak!
Actually, I'm going to put things that are called Yakatizma in my mod. In the Subgenius mythos, the Yakatizma are the killer robot death machines sent by the Men from Planet X and the space alien YHVH-1 as part of the Stark Fist of Removal in order to eliminate the Conspiracy Pinks. Various robot and mech units that people have made will fit the bill perfectly.

Hikaro Takayama said:
I see this guy having a career as a UU for one of the civs from one of the FF games that has Yetis as PCs. I'll see If I can come up with some kind of Pedia icons and Units_32.pcx files later.

I've just uploaded some PCX graphics. They're not very good, but they will work. If you want to try to make better ones, be my guest. I would be happy to see them. :)

Hikaro Takayama said:

You're referring to Umaro from FFVI I assume. In which case he needs a bone club.

It's chewbacca's cousin!!!!!

Looks like a color conversion of my wookie convtered from Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. :)

- GIDustin

Flamegrape said:
Yeti
by Flamegrape
Release Date: 20 August 2004

This is my second unit. Just like my first one, most of the work is not original. This unit is a slight modification of the "Wookie" unit created by GIDustin. I presume that it was an appropriated unit from a Star Wars computer game such as "Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds" but I am not sure about this. All I did was change the color of the wookie's fur from brown to white.

I've also included sounds that are taken from supposedly real recordings of a sasquatch (a.k.a. Bigfoot). The attack sound is a gun blast, not a blaster fx from Star Wars.

I created the Yeti unit for my Subgenius CIV3 mod.

Although a yeti would probably just use it's claws, I thought a blaster-weilding yeti would be okay for the purposes of my scenario.

This unit is probably not very useful for most mods. But if you like to put weird stuff in your CIV3 games, this would be just the thing you need.

it is from that

GIDustin said:
Looks like a color conversion of my wookie convtered from Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. :)

- GIDustin
Ah, yes. It is. I was wondering if it was from Galactic Battlegrounds. Thanks for importing it to CIV3. :goodjob:

Stonebear said:
You're referring to Umaro from FFVI I assume. In which case he needs a bone club.

Hey, it's called artistic license. I'll just have this unit as a Yeti Sniper, same stats as the normal sniper but with +1 or 2 HP.

*Ponders on how to actually use this unit.*

Great Unit. Love it. Makes me laugh :lol:

Top Bottom