Please Help me with PTW and Conquest.

RRR78

Chieftain
Ive been playing now for a while.. and the game is running smoothley... BUT. as soon as im gonna upgrade a knight or die with a knight the game stops and say: Error loading file: atr/units/knight/knight_death.wav The game will now close!!

ANYONE!!! Im in the middle of the game and i want it to RUN!! Pleas fellow players!! :sad:

Have you ever modified your game? My guess is that you've either got a missing file or a problem with your pediaicons.txt file.

Edit: first post... Welcome to CFC! :thumbsup:

No honestly i havent... but can´t I fix this problem in the pediaicons.txt file... for example..adding the lines or something. I have checked the units folder.. and the knight folder is in place in original civ3 folder but not the others.. so i copied the folder knight to the others... but this didnt do a sqat!. I have also tried to reinstall the game but its the same thing. am I missing something..
:mad:

Oups!!!! that is very wrong smiley hehe.

The problem is not in pediaicons, it is either something misspelled in your art\units\knight\knight.ini file, or a missing .wav file in art\units\knight. First check the knight.ini file to see whether the name of the .wav file is spelled correctly - spaces and other characters are important. Second, make sure that the file it points to is in the directory correctly.

Ive checked the knights folder.. and everything is in order. So Im gonna wipe it clean of the HD and the registry 2 see if i can reinstall it in another folder. Ill get back 2 u l8er Cheers Mates!!! :rolleyes:

Hi there!! I would like to thanx everybody who helped me! Im not a noob, i work as a System consult. But this was a fault that i never come across in this game.. have played it over and over again... Ive managed to resolve the problem.. As the consults say when they get a call: My windows is behaving oddly.. I respond as usual ;) Reinstall the crappy microsoft product hehe So i did. Reinstalled the game, wiped it from the registry and the hdd. Guess what?? Its working! HAHAHA Thanx once again! ill be a frequent poster in the future and thanx for a great board!! Cheers! RRR78 :cool: :scan:

Glad to know the problem is solved. Now go build some Knights and whack somebody. :D

So now the mongolians is under the sword... So nice 2 be playing again! Ive dropped 40 knights on his land... going for the capital! Thanx again! :goodjob:

Top Bottom