IR41.DLL Error

jadelicia

Queen
Hey guys :)

I installed Civ II on my friends lab-top, and for some reason it won't worked. I know it mentioned something about a video card or something, but I'm not sure what it exactly said, as that message didn't pop up again. However, everytime I try to start up Civ II, this message comes up:

"CIV2 cuased a stack fault in module IR41.DLL at 0002:01:19D.

Choose close. Civ2 will close."

Is there anything I can download or do to fix this?? :confused:

This is going to sound stupid, but I guess I should have restarted the computer because today, when she started it up, it worked. Go figure. Thanks a bunch at any rate!

PrinceScamp said:
um, the limks on the site dont work
Weird because it the mirror link works for me.

Hi

Yesterday I've found my old Civ2 CD and installed it on my PC (XP). Everything works fine and I had a great session. So the fire burns again inside...I WANT MORE.

So I decided to install Civ2 on my Acer Laptop(XP). And here the problems start.
So here are all informations I hope you need to make my Civ work on my laptop, too:

PC: WinXP SP2, 2.5GHz, 512MB RAM, Radeon 9000 Family
Laptop: WinXP SP1, 2GHz, 256MB RAM, Intel OnBoard Graphicchip

Installationsteps:

1. Way: Installed Civ2 -> Download COMMCNTRL.DLL, DCIMAN.DLL, iv5setup.exe -> move DLLs to system32, install indeodriver -> stackerror

2. Way: Move DLLs, install indeodriver -> reboot -> install Civ2 -> stackerror

3. Way: Tell me please :(

So pleeeeeeaaaaaaase, make me play. :cry:

I need help here as well. I got the Indeo drivers, I got XP and Radeon9200. Whenever I doubleclick the gameicon the usual error appears;
"Civ2 caused a general protectionerror in modul IR41.DLL adress: 0005:4e60
Choose close. Civ2 will be closed".

Is there any way to fix this? I have tried to remove the file and remove it, but then only another errormessage appears, and now it is Shell.dll that causes it. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes it does. Most of what stood there was for older windows and many links were broken. It also said that deleting the file or installing the indeo should help, but it didn't. And the Indeo drivers it linked to costed about 15 pounds.

Top Bottom