9/9/04 - Four Ork Footers

The Great Apple

Big Cheese
Four more green things for the 40K mod!

They are, in order of appearance, with descriptions from the 40k units thread:

1) Ork slugga boy
"One of two basic ork Infantry units. This one will have a higher attack than the shoota but no defensive bombard. They are meant to work together and cost the same."

2) Ork shoota boy
"One of two basic Ork infantry units. Has a lower attack than the Slugga but has denfensive bombard. They are meant to work together and cost the same."

3) Ork freeboota
"An Ork with a headband and two Sluggas. He would have hidden nation and be avaliable on a special tech of the same name." The headband ain't quite a headband, but it'll do. Basically these guys are pirate/mercenary orks.

4) Ork burna boy
"A pyromanical Ork with a burna. He'd come with Military Data and would be able to clear jungles and forests... and IG troops."

EDIT: Errr... descriptions done by Goldflash ;)

Each unit has sounds linked from the default sounds, and the burna has some from the PTW American Flamethrower. I've also done a few sounds myself...

And the previews:

Attachments

• manyorks.gif
    manyorks.gif
    362.9 KB · Views: 2,675
Excellent work, as alwyas, TGA.

It looks as though the Orks will be the first complete civ for WH40K. Not sure what else these guys could be used for, though (except maybe a Rifts mod...) I love the animations and the descriptions, though. :lol:

Lookin' good, but mechanical units have suited your style and current skills better. Models could use a few extra details and animation is a little rigid at times. However, they are without a question, high quality units and I like them a lot.

Also, I'm no expert, but they rank very high among the humanoid units created with OpenFX. Good job! :)

Exellundo! Funeriffico! I'm gunna toss them in the mod in a bit...

The discriptions were all done by me, by the way....

Drift said:
Lookin' good, but mechanical units have suited your style and current skills better. Models could use a few extra details and animation is a little rigid at times. However, they are without a question, high quality units and I like them a lot.
Good feedback, I'll work on it. Thanks :)

The Shoota doesn't seem to have a fidget flic, yet the ino calls for one.

Infact.. all the .INIs are screwed up. Gimme a minute to post more betterer ones.

Looks like the Freeboota is missing his Run.flc as well

Attachments

• Orkinis.zip
    3 KB · Views: 262
:lol: no offensive, nice character, looks rather comical though :lol: i think it's the colours that make it look a bit too cartoonish. might want to change it to darker more menacing colours.

Goldflash said:
Infact.. all the .INIs are screwed up. Gimme a minute to post more betterer ones.

Looks like the Freeboota is missing his Run.flc as well
Oh poo. I can't sort it out now, or I'll miss the bus. I'll do it in about 5-6 hours. I forgot to put the flics in the zip...

These look great, but IMHO the shootas are WAYYYYYY too small. Orks like BIG GUNZ! Those things look like peashooters.

I'd like to suggest the next Ork unit though, the grenade throwing Stikk bommas!

Looks pretty Good The Great Apple...the intense, solid, contrasting colors could be more subdued with a greater range of each shade for a more "realistic look". The so called "cartoon" look happens more from a lack of Shade Range than color but intense, contrasting colors also intensify this affect. All things considered, they Look Good and I like 'em :) ...they would be even better with some shade range adjustments and minor animation tweaks.

Eh? Now you have me confused... I'm not even sure how to start going about changing the shade range. I could probably tone down the contrast - I'll have a few experiments. I'm updating the files at the moment BTW, but they could be updated in the near future if I can figure this all out - or maybe in the far future...

I'd also like to point out that the minatures themselves look slightly cartoony ;)

EDIT: Maybe the guns are a bit small. I wouldn't say it's too major.

The shootas are fine. I've been saying that the Sluggas are to osmall. .but.. aww crap I'l be late for class.

I can make the shoota larger, though it'd be quite a bit of work to make all the sluggas larger. Here's a darker preview (at least it's meant to be darker) - does it look less cartoony, or shall I fiddle with the contrast a bit?

Attachments

• lighttest.gif
    lighttest.gif
    361.5 KB · Views: 1,714
Whatever man. Just fix the missing flics. and just so Ya know.. you put the slashes in the sounds backwards.

Goldflash said:
Whatever man. Just fix the missing flics. and just so Ya know.. you put the slashes in the sounds backwards.
I have fixed the missing ones (check post 2). Thanks for the sound tip. I'll remember for next time...

If ya could update the request thread twould be good...

Top Bottom