Great Library not giving techs?

Siddhartha

Chieftain
I am in a game where I have the GL, 2 other civ's have researched Republic yet for some reason I am not getting Republic. I have never seen the happen before. Has anyone come across this and is there a some reason why this would happen?

It's either that, or you've already researched education.

You must be in contact with them too (you probably are since you know what they have researched...)

Well, I actually had to wait another 5 turns before it gave me the tech, and I had already waited 7 turns before posting this message. This game seems to have alot of unusual things happening, for example I have saltpeter and can build cannons and calvary, but cannot build the musketman???

In regards to musketman, as Tomoyo sort of hinted at:

Once you are able to build a newer unit, it won't allow you to build old units. For instance, if you have Nationalism, you won't be able to build Musketman. About the Great Library, I have no idea...

Sidd is probably playing Netherlands, which doesn't get Muskets. Swiss Mercs upgrade to Rifles, skipping Muskets.

Jaybe said:
Sidd is probably playing Netherlands, which doesn't get Muskets. Swiss Mercs upgrade to Rifles, skipping Muskets.

Yes Jaybe, you are right, I rarely (almost never) play netherlands so I didn't clue into this right away. But the GL taking so long to give me techs is still a puzzle to me.

I think you don't get any free Great Library techs until someone with whom you have contact trades with someone else. I think this includes you, too.

jkp1187 said:
I think you don't get any free Great Library techs until someone with whom you have contact trades with someone else. I think this includes you, too.

...or if they both research it.
Theres no use for u to get into tech-trading ('cept for selling) ..as soon as TWO civ's that u know have a tech you'll get it... or actually the turn after.

... was playing a short game as the byzantine where i started on a small barren desert islan... the whole game was messed up from the start when i got first to Phil. and got mapmaking... and an sgl.
So i setteled a little more while reaserching littt. ...saving my leader for the great library, and circumnavigating the world.
I swear, i got the whole anciet era handed to me in ONE turn once the library was rushed.

Top Bottom