MOD: America mod

Luca Brasi

Title
Ok, this is a 16-nation America mod pack. The nations are: France, England, Russia, Spain, Portugal, Holland, Vikings, Aztecs, Mayans, Incas, Iroquois, Cherokees, Apaches, Sioux, Eskimos, and USA. The readme.txt is in the zip.

For France, England, Spain, and Holland, the cities are straight from the old Colonization game with some additions. Russia has Alaskan cities, and Portugal - Brazilian. Vikings are a straight copy from Civ 2. Cherokee cities are tribe names from the US Southeast and Apache cities are tribes spliced with towns on current Apache reservations. Eskimo cities are Alaskan cities with large native populations.

To handicap the Aztecs, Incas, and Mayans, they don't have any horse units; instead they have two special units each. To handicap the Cherokees, Apaches, Sioux, Eskimos, they only have one attribute bonus each. Eskimos don't have any horse units either.

Version 1.0 removed after 146 downloads.

Attachments

• america.zip
    84.6 KB · Views: 758
Here's the nation rundown:

FRANCE
scientific/commercial
Joan d'Arc
Musketeer

ENGLAND
industrious/expansionist
Elizabeth
Man-O-War

RUSSIA
scientific/militaristic
Catherine
Cossack

SPAIN (EGYPT)
religious/expansionist
Phillip II
Conquistador (5.3.2 Knight)

PORTUGAL (ROME)
expansionist/commercial
Henry the Navigator
Caravella (1.2.4.4 Caravel, can't sink)

HOLLAND (GREECE)
scientific/commercial
William of Orange
VOC Galleon (1.2.5.5 Galleon)

VIKINGS (GERMANY)
militaristic/expansionist
Canute
Longship (1.1.4.2 Galley, can't sink)

AZTECS
militaristic/religious
Montezuma
Jaguar Warrior and Puma Warrior (same as Inca Impi), no horse units

INCAS (PERSIA)
militaristic/industrious
Manco Capac
Jaguar Warrior and Puma Warrior, no horse units

MAYANS (BABYLON)
militaristic/religious
Yaxun Balam
Jaguar Warrior and Puma Warrior, no horse units

IROQUOIS
industrious/religious
Hiawatha
Bowman (same as Babylonian Bowman)

CHEROKEES (INDIA)
commercial
Oconostota
Bowman

APACHES (ZULUS)
militaristic
Cochise
Mounted Warrior (same as Iroquois Mounted Warrior)

SIOUX (JAPAN)
expansionist
Sitting Bull
Mounted Warrior (same as Iroquois Mounted Warrior)

ESKIMO (CHINA)
religious
?
Deer Sled (same as Egyptian War Chariot), no horse units

USA (AMERICA)
industrious/commercial
Lincoln
Cowboy (same as Chinese Rider)

I would disable the indiginous civs further to give it more of a "colonial" flare to it. I saw another Mod where civs were disabled by having them never produce workers. This will leave the continent essentially in tact for the colonial powers and basically ensure that all of the native civs are "minor" players and eventually dominated by the colonial powers.. as they eventually were historically.

Originally posted by homer
I would disable the indiginous civs further to give it more of a "colonial" flare to it. I saw another Mod where civs were disabled by having them never produce workers. This will leave the continent essentially in tact for the colonial powers and basically ensure that all of the native civs are "minor" players and eventually dominated by the colonial powers.. as they eventually were historically.

Except that the aztecs, mayans, and Inca's were KNOWN for their extensive road networks and agriculture. That would cripple them to much. The REAL big kicker was smallpox...and I'm not sure there's really a good way to implement that in the game.

Is There Any specific folder i need to put a modpack in once i dwonload it for it to work?

Top Bottom