Hacked Civ3edit.exe v1.21f

Jimmyh

Prince
Here's a hacked 1.21f version of the editor to show the add and delete buttons.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/Civ3Edit.zip

Please backup your original before using this one and remember the add and delete are not officially supported by Firaxis so don't go bothering them if they don't work properly.

Cheers.
James.:D

Well thanks for your work at first.
But i do not get it to function properly:

- i do not have add/del buttons at all
- it crashes choosing "scenario properties" in the menu

I guess that is not what it is supposed to :(

And i unfortunately have lost my original editor :rolleyes:
Would someone plz be so kind to post it?

Originally posted by echinococcus
Well thanks for your work at first.
But i do not get it to function properly:

- i do not have add/del buttons at all
- it crashes choosing "scenario properties" in the menu

I guess that is not what it is supposed to :(

And i unfortunately have lost my original editor :rolleyes:
Would someone plz be so kind to post it?

I told you to backup your original!!!

Do you have the latest patch for civ3 installed?

Apparently the localized parts of the editor crashed. There is a temporary editor for them (see the news). It's not hacked, but it will not crash for you.

Originally posted by Ed O'War
Thanks for posting a hacked editor for 1.21f. It took less time for someone to do this than I thought it would. Excellent. :)

It actually takes about 2 mins to go through and set the flag to make them show and besides I use them so why not post it.

Originally posted by nonnob3
Can I copy using the Civeditor the Civmod ver.1.17 to the new 1.21 without any problems. Or do I have to re-edit all my units and changes again?:confused:

i think y need to reedit only the units that will be have the new skills: Lethal Land and Sea Bombadment

JimmyH, can you hack the editor to enable the civ placement feature? If you right click on a player start location tile, it gives the option to designate starting civ position, but it's grayed out right now. Presumable Firaxis will eventually enable that function, but I was wondering if it was possible to hack it so it was enabled now, for us impatient types. :)

I've not had any luck with getting this feature enabled, I'm guessing that they hardcoded it to be disabled.

I could tell you that they have some other features disabled(hidden), but I want to stay in thier good books and I don't think they'd be to happy if I spilt the beans on what was comming.

You'll just have to wait I'm afraid.

James.

Top Bottom