• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Announcing GNB3.C

W.i.n.t.e.r

Frozen!
- NAPOLEON - V 3.0 (THE AGE OF)
-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
--- 5 to 6 players recommended, 7 possible ---

Concluding (version 3.C) ADDITIONS:
-----------------------------------
- Shebeques have a reduced movement rate of 9 (as opposed to 10)
- Exchanged Shebeque with Reserve Unit to discourage AI from building weak defensive units
- New Unit: Italian Line Infantry (Replaces Ironclad)
- New Unit: Lützowsches Freicorps (Replaces P Ulan)
- New Unit: Portugese Infantry (Replaces P Hussar)
- Changed T Lancers with L Freicorps (Pirates no longer carry Turkish Flags :))
- Emisaires now move with a rate of 1
- Repositioned Leader units from Frankfurt and Madrid
- Selim now available from start
- New Spanish Infantry Uniform
- New Spanish Cavalry Unit (blue)
- New name: Gnrl. Governor is now called Sir John Moore
- New name: Marshal d'Etat is now called Marshal Suchet
- New name: Prinze v. Baden is now called Prinz v. Hanover
- New units introduced, country specific Grenadiers, Corvette

- British Fleet under Nelson and French under de Villeneuve have reduced range in turn 1
- Changed Turkish Gov. to Empire
- Changed Neutral Gov. to Empire (aded mines for greater unit support)
- Strengthened Russians economically
- Ottomans have 3 new cities & map changes in Tuky (makes gaming possible for 6 players)
- Neutrals have 4 new cities (Crete and Scandinavia leave more room for player interaction)
- Increased technological predicament level
- Strengthened the Neutral AI in all theatres- makes it more of a struggle ;)
- At the moment fiddling with techtree for buildable Unique Units with event triggers

- Added triggered advances through conquest of key cities (reward system for MP)
- Greatly expanded Events.txt (U'll C)
- Expanded Describe.Txt (features Units, Goverments, Wonders, Improvements)
- Expanded Game.Txt
- Repost of the dll file for an accurate diplomacy screen
- 3 New Units.bmp File with uniforms after 1800
- Winter terrain and winter uniforms added with simulated movement predicaments

etc, etc, etc

You got all of the scandinavian names wrong :p

It's either Jutland (in English) or Jylland (I think) in Danish, mixing in a german y isn't going to make it more scandinavian (mainly becouse we don't have that letter).
Also that is the name of the peninsula, not a city (I'd suggest Aalborg for a city name, though then it's probably on the wrong side of the peninsula).

Also for Sweden it's either Luleå or Lulea, not Lulee, same thing goes for Umeå ;)

Other than this it looks and sounds nice though ;) :)

Edit:
Oh and I am also pretty sure "Moskwa" isn't spellt with a "W", not 100% though.

Thank U :)

Good to have U around :D with the info, so I can adjust it (I dono, however if the fonts will be supported in MAC, Henrik).

I'll adjust the names accordingly, hmm- perhaps you could find out a suiting and timely name for a city instead of Jutland. Moskwa is correct, I think (it is definitly in Polish- Russian letter are different anyway: MOCKBA):king:

Waw man, sounds really great. :eek:
It's a huge improvement of an already fantastic scenario. It sure is one of my favorites. :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
Also letting the Ottoman player being able to be a human is good.
Very good job, you're a great scenario designer.

the russian B sounds like V in English. Being Russian I believe that the pronounciation in Russian is:

Moskva

Maybe you have to move the city one square to southeast and rename it to "Aalborg" (like Henrik said) for in that position there weren't any big city at the time.

Otherwise the changes seems great and I can't wait to download the upgrade :goodjob:

Hey Winter,

looks great this new version, especially the winter weather :goodjob:

If you're planning a PBEM lemme know and I'll be Prussia again - would be interesting to compare it back to the earlier one we're still playing !

Is there a link for this new download yet, or is the file already updated at the link in your sig. ?

cheers

Fruno

Nope it is not out yet- but within the next three weeks I hope- I encountered a new problem with the event files today and I couldnt make out why...

What is out so far is the GNB3 version (some updates on event files can be found at the first of the GNB3 PBEM threads) !!

Definitly there will be new PBEM sessions with this one (it will support Turkish interaction- don't know if the Neutrals should be Human controlled, though= would be quite a challange altogether)

Thx for the comments so far :):):), keep em commin !!!:p

Must... have... GNB3.C :mwaha: :D

A release date is not yet official, but pretty soon I hope :) I am still working of the events (just came back from London so I didn't do anything over the weekend) and on how to best implement new units into the game as the game turns go by and bring along new rules, unit and event files. Hmmm, probably it will be ready by early June!!!

... I finally wanted to iron out the last bits for release. Unfortunately sth weird happened- a bug within the civ2 editor I would say- as I changed the positions of the Emisaire and replaced the Traders with the Corvette:

Eversince then I cannot build either Prussian cavalry, nor French, nor Austrian, as well as Magyars (Austria) or Reservists (Rest).

I changed everything back but it seems irreversible at this point. It is not within the Rules.txt nor in the Scenario or savegame- exchanged these individually to see if I could get rid of the bug- I couldn't though.

I will re-start my efforts from the predecessor and make more thorough backups this time before every major rule change.

---

But there is also some good news in all this: I know what to implement and won't need as much time as before to get to the same stage :hammer:

Sorry Guys :cry: ...

Winter, so how much time do you think it is going to take you to redo all of this?

W.I.N.T.E.R. can't wait to try this out!

The graphics in the GNB series are just delightful.

So, I'd better get my napoleonic uniform on! Break out the grapeshot! Man the cannon!

:king:

Blast, I was hoping that the new scenario would have a bigger map. Just a personal preference, no big deal.

this looks lovely, as ever, winter. However, what exactly is the corvette unit? I do hope that some kind of trade unit's still there as it provides a more peaceful style of play which would make pbems more interesting. Perhaps it would be more useful if made cheaper to produce. However, you're the designer and i think i'll trust your judgement :).

Top Bottom