Naval Mine

pesoloco

Civ-aholic
This unit was suggested to me by Kal-el. So I used his graphic and made some animations for the unit. This unit is a complement to the land mine unit.

Set it up as follows:

Unit Type: Sea
A/D/M: 0/(6-8 your choice)/1
Abilities:
Sinks in Ocean
Invisible (submarine in versions before 1.21)
Can See Invisible (Can see submarines in ver. before 1.21)

please rate this unit.

Originally posted by Kal-el
thanks, pesoloco.

this will come in very handy. :goodjob:

as always, your very welcome. keep the ideas coming.;)

just a thought - since the naval mine can't really have an attack value, and it's flagged as a sea unit, all the AI strategies are greyed out - which means that the AI won't use it, right?

Originally posted by zulu9812
just a thought - since the naval mine can't really have an attack value, and it's flagged as a sea unit, all the AI strategies are greyed out - which means that the AI won't use it, right?

thats right.
but it's their own loss.

I suppose you could give it an attack of 1
then the ai would use it, but it might use it to attack other ships

give it an attack of 1 but make it immobile with an operational range of 2 or 3

it then has to be airdropped into the area around your cities.

I am hoping that will work.

Another thought - will flagging it as an Offense unit make the mine actively attack units, and will flagging it as Defensive mean the AI will keep it in their cities? Neither is good

can Immobile units be loaded onto transports?

Yes they can

but!

Beings as they cannot move they can only be loaded at ports and can only unload at another port....

Another thought - will flagging it as an Offense unit make the mine actively attack units, and will flagging it as Defensive mean the AI will keep it in their cities? Neither is good

If you are getting Offensive and defensive you still have it flagged as a land unit.

Naval has: Naval Power, Naval Transport, Naval Carrier, Naval Missile Transport.

Originally posted by Kal-el
give it an attack of 1 but make it immobile with an operational range of 2 or 3

it then has to be airdropped into the area around your cities.

I am hoping that will work.

i didn't think it was possible to airdrop into water spaces
I guess I'll have to try it to find out

Hmmm- how about a mine that is magnetic... this would justify a movement rate of 1 and also make it useable for the AI- give it the same attack and defense values and tagg it as a defensive water unit with airdrop capabilities (range 2-3) and make it sink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in open waters ;)

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r
Hmmm- how about a mine that is magnetic... this would justify a movement rate of 1 and also make it useable for the AI- give it the same attack and defense values and tagg it as a defensive water unit with airdrop capabilities (range 2-3) and make it sink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in open waters ;)

You could set this unit up like that, however the airdrop would not have any effect since you cannot airdrop into a water square.

Originally posted by pesoloco

You could set this unit up like that, however the airdrop would not have any effect since you cannot airdrop into a water square.

Right... well one could drop it on shore and then "drop" it into coastal waters by its own movement points...:king:

except mines shouldn't really move...

yeah. but I just move them to where I want them and then fortify them there

Top Bottom