Council Confirmation Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
This vote is for affirming the following appointees. All appointees have expressed interest in the nomination thread and/or have emailed me requesting the posistion.

Governor of the capital province, Istar - Donsig
Governor of province #7 - Octavian X
Public Defender - Eklektikos

Please place a YES or NO for each posistion.

Istar - Yes
Province 7 - Yes
Public Defender - Yes

Foreign Affairs
As long as all of them accepted the nominations - yes for all.

Istar - Yes
Province 7 - Yes
Public Defender - Yes

Yes
Yes
Yes

Chieftess, this Council Vote should be proclaimed closed as more than the necessary support has already been registered. (4 YES votes will always pass a proposition and 4 NO votes will always defeat one).

Shaitan, please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there 8 council votes? I'm asking because if there is 8, then you would need 5 for a quorum. 4 votes each way would be a tie, in which case the Prez would break the tie. That means it could go either way.

In this case we do have a quorum of 5 votes for the affirmation.

Cyc: not now the Councilmembers At-Large are no more.

Good point Eklektikos. Totally my mistake. I guess I was assuming too much and not reading enough. On June 19th I posted this in the "Splitting the Constitution" thread:

Anyway, I know this is out of the blue, but I have been laying back on the Judicial Branch issue to see what everyone else thought of it first. In general it's a good idea. It sets up that 3rd branch for checks and balances. But I feel even though the Judicial Branch would be the proxy votes for the citizenry, we have removed the gateway, or front door, to the Presidency for the citizenry.

Although the second and most important point of that quote was addressed, the first point about the citizens proxy vote was never addressed, with the exception of the votes not being included in the responsibilities of the Judicial Branch in the working Constitution. Now, all the work I've put into trying to help with the Big "C" in respect to protecting the citizenry, seems belittled by my stupidity in not protecting the proxy votes.

Oh, well... I guess maybe the citizens didn't want them anyway. The proxy votes were such a historical landmark in their day.

Good point Cyc, and that wasn't fully discussed but I think it was fully addressed. The key to passing Standards is efficiency. Proxy votes in the Council Polls theoretically forced those to go to 48 hours. I say theoretically as the proxy votes didn't come into play as a deciding proxy even once. The Congress (citizens) do retain overall control of the Standards because the Congress passes Laws, which can overrule, eliminate or replace a Standard. The people's interest is still protected but the Executive branch can quickly and effectively pass legislature needed to run the game.

Ok, a quorum has been reached, and the council vote is closed!

Congratulations Donsig, Octavian, and Ekletikos! You must now create the appropriate thread for your posistion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom