A-10 Thunderbolt

BoneDoc

Chieftain
Hi. I decided to finish santo67's earlier work on the warthog. He said he had abandoned it so I grabbed the animated gif from his thread and went to work...

Not the best graphics, I know, but I thought we could use some more planes :D

Enjoy everyone!

Attachments

• a10run.gif
    a10run.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 3,650
not bad :)

Looks like a ground attack plane

Great new unit!! Something I been want to see for a while. This unit was designed as a ground attack unit, Correct?. I have only one question how does one set up a airplane for ground attack. The A-10 is a slow moving tank killer in reality but this is civ land and things here are different. I was think of a 15-18 attack for the 30mm gattline gun with depleted uranium core, 8-10 bombard attack(but the A-10 uses Toe missles which may have a higher attack value?), defense of 4-6, operation range of 3-4. If i set the A-10 like the Apache as a land unit then the carriers will not be able to transport them but this is the only way I know of to set up a air unit to do ground attack. Also think about having Computers as the prerequisite. Cost of 12. Let me know what you think.

Not the best graphics? :lol: You do know that I took the plane straight out of Empire Earth, don't you?

lol. No offense santo67, I just meant it was a cut and paste job rather than some of the beautiful 3D models some have created :D

Later ;)

Originally posted by Mikeyo131
Great new unit!! Something I been want to see for a while. This unit was designed as a ground attack unit, Correct?. I have only one question how does one set up a airplane for ground attack. The A-10 is a slow moving tank killer in reality but this is civ land and things here are different. I was think of a 15-18 attack for the 30mm gattline gun with depleted uranium core, 8-10 bombard attack(but the A-10 uses Toe missles which may have a higher attack value?), defense of 4-6, operation range of 3-4. If i set the A-10 like the Apache as a land unit then the carriers will not be able to transport them but this is the only way I know of to set up a air unit to do ground attack. Also think about having Computers as the prerequisite. Cost of 12. Let me know what you think.

Actually the A10 uses the Maverick missile so a bombard strength of 10-15 may be even more appropriate. Give it lethal bombardment to represent the large amount of ordinance it carries as well, (and as the army helicopter instructors say "Don't call it a miss-ile, call it a hit-ile;) )

slow motion preview

Attachments

• a10death.gif
    a10death.gif
    69.3 KB · Views: 4,216
The A-10: It's big, it's bad, it's ugly, and it blows up everything in sight!:lol: :lol: You gotta love it.:love: :love:

I spent 2 1/2 yrs loading that a/c over in England.Saw it perform
at a range.The 30mm gun is something else.A large belch when it goes off.Yes,Maverick missiles not TOW's.Holds 1150 rds in the gun.Did it while in chem gear too.

aohfaohfgaphfgapoigha *seizures*

The A-10 uses a Turbo FAN engine. Just a fan, flames do not shoot out of it unless it's just been hit with a missile.

OOOHHHHHH!!! :eek: I like the death for the Thunder Bolt, nicer than the other planes deaths. :goodjob: No, but seriously Bone Doc, whatta unit, whatta unit! I love :love: it!

The A-10 will take off from a carrier, its HUGE engines and large wingspan is the result of the need for a ground support plane that can take off of short runways, It may not be used on a carrier, never heard of it actually happening.
The A-10 also uses multiple ordinances, as far as the bombard strength goes... They will accomidate all munitions used in the US military, including 2000 lb JDAMs

Just an idea for the A-10, but you can also give it
2 attacks, to hit different targets, given the ability of the plane to loiter for long periods at the front.

I don't think the A-10 is capable of opperating of a carrier in real life both because of no hook to catch the wire, and more importantly it is slow...the "bubble" at teh end of teh carrier would murder the thing

If it did have a hook system, it would work, but its not practical for a ground support bomber to be on a carrier anyway.

Does anyone have a link to a mod that has extensive modern fighting units? I don't wanna flip through the threads to find one...

Top Bottom