Improved Crossbowmen and the Scorpian(Ballista) Project

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
I have finay figured out how to use that AoK Mod Pack Studios :). I have decided to make a Crossbowmen (I know, There is already one out there ;). But this one would have that iron helmet insted of that cocroach helmet found in both the CivIII's pikemen and the Crossbowmen.) and the Scorpian (no, not the bug, the Ballista-like divice ;) ).
Here are the previews.

Edit: Nevermind. I have figured it out on how to have it export on a fixed size frame ;).

So let me get this straight, your doing the Crossbowman, which is this unit:

And the scorpian which is this unit:

:lol:

God I'm evil!

I spent about 2 mins with those two.

Cheers.
James.

jimmy, you're cruel.
WE WANT JANISSARY! WE WANT TURTLESHIP!

I can't wait anymore! It's for a good cause :D

Originaly posted by JimmyH
So let me get this straight, your doing the Crossbowman, which is this unit:
[Picture of the Crosbowmen]
And the scorpian which is this unit:
[Picture of the Scorpian]
God I'm evil!
:lol:
I spent about 2 mins with those two.

Yes, I am certanly doing the Crossbowmen and the Heavy verion of the Scorpian :).
JimmyH :eek:, How did you get thoes units out in 2 mins? :eek:. The scorpian unit I am doing is more of a Heavy Scorpian :D.

Originaly posted by Zulu9812
actually, how does one use AoK MPS to extract thte bmps to all be one size?

Thats what I want to know, I am using the AoK Mod Pack Studios and it just exports the frames in various sizes insted of just one.

Originally posted by CivGeneral

JimmyH :eek:, How did you get thoes units out in 2 mins? :eek:.

I programmed a little utility to make the story boards from the extracted images, I just select a unit from a list and select some other options and select GO! and I have a default, run, death, attack and a fidget in about 2 mins!

Originally posted by Jimmyh
I programmed a little utility to make the story boards from the extracted images, I just select a unit from a list and select some other options and select GO! and I have a default, run, death, attack and a fidget in about 2 mins!

Can you post the program you used, please ;), And how did you get the units to stay centered and not have them jumping (Since AOK MPS exports the frames in there individual sizes. IE: one frame is 2X3 and the other is 4X4)

Originally posted by CivGeneral

Can you post the program you used, please ;), And how did you get the units to stay centered and not have them jumping (Since AOK MPS exports the frames in there individual sizes. IE: one frame is 2X3 and the other is 4X4)

Sorry but I'll not be posting my utility I wrote.

When you export the images from the AoK program, you need to select the Export Anchors via Text File option and that will give you a text file with an x and y value, these are offset values that AoK will use to centre the image correctly.

P.S Do you use ICQ, Windows Messenger or any thing?

Originally posted by JimmyH
P.S Do you use ICQ, Windows Messenger or any thing?

No, I just use the CivFanatics java Chat ;).

The Crossbow unit is soon to be compleated :D. Here is the Run preview of the Crossbow unit.

YES!!!! :goodjob: How many hours total do you think you've worked on him?

Originally posted by sween32
YES!!!! :goodjob: How many hours total do you think you've worked on him?

Possibly 1 Hour worth of extracting the unit frame by frame using the Slp viewer in the AoK Mod Pack Studios and resizing the frames them selves (AoK MPS does not export frames like the SW:GB DRS viewer can) and possibly 1 hours worth of pasting the frames onto the stroyboard and checking to see if it came out correctly. I expect to finish this unit tomorrow. The only thing I have to finish is the Death Animations and moddify the X and Y offsets ;)

the crossbowman looks great. ill be using it instead of the longbowman (now will be an English and Scottish unit)

The Crossbowmen unit is compleated. You can find him here at New Unit: Crossbowmen. And next, The Scorpian(Ballista) unit :).

The Ballista Project has started. :D. The Ballista is basicly a large Crossbow that is used as an artillery piece :).

Top Bottom