• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

INFORMATIONAL POLL - Should citizens be allowed to post in official voting threads

Should citizens be allowed to post in Senate, Judicial, or Council voting threads?

• YES

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • NO

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bill_in_PDX

Grumpy Submariner
The ongoing discussion of this topic can be found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=456169#post456169

Background: In game one, there was an established history of citizens positing in voting threads devoted to cabinet members, governors, and the judicial branch.

However, near the end of term one, there were calls, and active actions taken, to close those voting threads to outside participation so that the members of those bodies could vote without interruption or outside influence.

The legal side of this is unsettled in my humble opinion, as our laws do specifically protect participation in certain types of threads (mainly turn chat instructions), yet are silent on other threads, leaving the judiciary wide latitude to apply that standard of thread control. That is something many welcome, but that I, as a current judicary member, am not comfortable with.

These two trends (history of participation versus recent calls for thread control) are in direct conflict with each other, and I am hoping to determine from this poll and associated discussion how the citizens overall feel.

Note again, this poll is purely informational, and is not binding.

Bill

The citizens seem pretty clear on the issue so far

Good thing this is informational...

I may have to start Fanatika's version of the ACLU.

If it reaches quorum.... maybe the judges wont be that nice to you again ;-)
See constitution, they have to adopt to the will of citizenry ;-) Even informational polls show this will :p

I disagree with the concept that informational polls, clearly listed as such, can used to force policy decisions.

That would be an unfair way for people to push agendas that may not pass an official binding vote, and give them multiple bites at the apple.

Bill

It ain't over till the fat lady sings. There's only a three vote difference. not what I'd call a landslide. ;)

Top Bottom