New Unit: Canadian Mountie

Doragon

Chieftain
I have just completed my first unit. Its a Royal
Canadian Mounted Police unit (Mountie). My suggestion
would be to use the unit with a Red Colored civ. The unit
looks better in Red and was designed to be red.(For those that don't know, Mounties wear red uniforms).

Get it Here

My suggestion would be to have it as Canadian UU
and have it as a replacement for Calvary or a upgrade to it.
How I have it set up in my mod is as a replacement
for Calvary for Canada with the following stats:
Shield 10
Moves 4
Att 5
Def 6

Prereq. Military tradition

I figured it would be best suited as having a lower attack
than calvary but a higher defense, as the Mounties are
now primarily a police role. I included a brief history
in the readme file about the mounties.

Attachments

• mountie2.gif
    mountie2.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 4,185
Thanks for an excellent unit. We need some unique units for canada.

I gave the 'bandit' unit to the USA and flagged it as no nationality so it's basically an outlaw. The mountie and the bandit should have a nice long and violent time together. It's a good way to balance the game considering the huge landmass Canada and the US get compared to the european and african countries.

very nice job on this unit, looks really good!

I've been waiting for a unit like this for such a long time. Thank's a million. ;)

Is there any way I could get you to create a napoleonic infantry or even a revolutionary infantry?

I've posted this request a few times with no success :confused: I also saw someone in the forums here was planning to create one but I haven't herd or seen one yet.

No more stupid calvary for the Canadians!:)

nice job. but one problem, nothin big, its just the hat should be brown with a black belt at the base. other than that, nice job eh

also if your into makin more Canadian UU's you should make the Avero Aero, its was the most advanced supersonic jet ever built in the cold war but because our politians up here have the i.q. of george w. on acid it was cancelled. still it would be a great jet fighter for a canada civ.

I remember quite a while ago a couple friends (at the time) brought up the subject of the U.S. and Canada. We discussed how close our nations are, identical, and so on...

Then someone said you know, why is there Canada and the U.S.? Shouldn't there just be one country, shouldn't they be combined... they act like it praticly now.

I was like gee... your kinda right... am I the only one who has thought this? lol

no offence but i dont think any canadian want to be one with the US, one we are peace keepers and do not go bomb any one who doesnt like us and dont even care about civilian casualties, this is not puttin down american, hell my family is american im the only canadian, im just dont like the US government. and also the US has manipulated canada economically and polictically by "persuading" use to do things their way. tis a shame but i think one day soon our government will not allow the US to govern us. sorry about this long post had to get this off my chest. ok im done

preach on, The Canuck. You speak the 100% truth - I'd die before my homeland reached the grubby hands of the American Government. But I'll save you all the lecture :).

Excellent unit, btw.

yes they do, NICKELBACK, Sum 41, well thats all i can think of right now but u get the point. and if u dont get the point u idiot here it is.... Canada rocks!!! :cool: :goodjob:

Originally posted by The Canuck
no offence but i dont think any canadian want to be one with the US, one we are peace keepers and do not go bomb any one who doesnt like us and dont even care about civilian casualties, this is not puttin down american, hell my family is american im the only canadian, im just dont like the US government. and also the US has manipulated canada economically and polictically by "persuading" use to do things their way. tis a shame but i think one day soon our government will not allow the US to govern us. sorry about this long post had to get this off my chest. ok im done

Ah bud, some canadians happen to like the US. I'm canadian and I'd rather be american any day of the week. The canadian government is only a hair shy of being communist and the overwhelming number of stupid laws those liberal geeks produce is choking the life out of normal folks. Like I mean, look at all the bylaws we got now and idiotic tricks the government uses to try and get money from us to pay the massive debt they willingly incurred with their truly moronic use of valuable taxpayers' money.

An average joe canadian, not rich, pays 50% of his/her hard-earned income in tax, including the 15% unbelievable sales tax. Rich people get slaughtered by tax.

For example, in Vancouver where I'm from, they put cameras in the intersections to catch people "running yellow lights" (yes yellow, not red). And they intentionally retimed the light so the yellow is on for a shorter period than before to catch more people. This was proven by an innocent driver who was burned by it. Now how could any decent person love a country like this. This is why I moved to Japan with all its pollution and rascism.

The high percentage of politically correct canadians are what vote for morons like the liberals who delight in oppressing people with bylaws and fines. I know the american presidents have their faults but they make far better leaders than what canadians vote for. Canada is a beautiful country. It's too bad the government is ruining it.

Here's an example of a true canadian:

Attachments

• chretiangrossoffer.jpg
    chretiangrossoffer.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 2,906
The Canuck, I wasn't saying EVERYONE thought that way... I was just saying how it was odd that a couple of my friends out of the blue thought nearly the same way I did. And was wondering if any Canadians thought this...

You mentioned that Canada was peace keepers, fine... that is all military they are capable of doing =) But truthfully, if you look at many of the world organizations, funds, and such. The U.S. is almost ALWAYS the highest donator in each of these. Hell, even look at donations to other countries... again U.S. is highest one.

I personally am sick and tired of people saying the U.S. is the biggest polluter. Well we are also the biggest donator to nearly EVERY enviromental cause. And if it weren't for some *******s in washington, we wouldn't be nearly the highest polluter...

Any time there are civilian casualities, we invistigate and then prosecute if need be.

And for you saying bomb people who don't like us... who? Nearly every single war the U.S. has entered, it has been attacked first. Afganstan, WW2, WW1, Spanish American war, War of 1812... And the ones that we joined that we weren't attacked, we came to save some other countries; Kuwait, France....

So point out one time we bombed someone, that it wasn't to help another nation, in self-defense, or for a VERY good reason...

I've visited Canada many times, I like it. But personally, other then money I can't tell a flippin difference. Well, your taxes are higher and your nearly communist =) j/k

Top Bottom