New Unit - Balloon

pesoloco

Civ-aholic
Here is another new unit that I have completed
The Hot Air Balloon.

Balloons were used in the American Civil War to scout out troop movement.

EDIT JULY 15,2003: Vuldacon has adjusted the run and default flc files

Get the ZIP file here:
balloonv3.zip

Awesome!

My one complaint, I hardly had enough time to anticipate this unit before you finished it! :D

Thanks for the ratings and compliments!

Originally posted by kemal69
Awesome!

My one complaint, I hardly had enough time to anticipate this unit before you finished it! :D

kemal,
well, if you want, I could prolong the baron triplane even longer....:D

Originally posted by pesoloco
Thanks for the ratings and compliments!

kemal,
well, if you want, I could prolong the baron triplane even longer....:D

Me and my big mouth... :lol:

Just to be clear, I have the utmost, highest, bestest levels of anticipation for the triplane already! ;)

And in the name of good fortune, I am prepared to forgoe anticipation on the balloon, and go straight to enjoyment!

*mental note to self, walk around room three times before clicking Submit Reply button*

I never understood all the fuss about drugs, who needs em?

:crazyeye:

So any thoughts on when to put this into a game, if not using it in a scenario, I was thinking of popping it somewhere around invention...

Originally posted by kemal69
I never understood all the fuss about drugs, who needs em?

:crazyeye:

So any thoughts on when to put this into a game, if not using it in a scenario, I was thinking of popping it somewhere around invention...

Invention sounds good or possibly Steam Power?

I can already see the triplane shooting down these pesky balloons.

:eek:

By the time you get steam power, and rails, you're pretty close to being able to ship your armies anywhere instantly, I thought the baloons would be more useful a bit earlier. Just my thoughts.

Cool... I'm just wondering as I download this... Does it bob in the air as it sits there? or is it static... Yeah I'd think invention would be a perfect place to put it... I'm already using your blimp unit at steam engine... Great unit and might I just say excellent utilities you have there too :)

oops. there was a mistake in the readme.txt file regarding the units' stats. I re-used the readme file from the moving van unit but forgot to change the stats. my apologies. I have posted a new zip file with an updated readme file here:
balloonv2.zip

Originally posted by Kinboat
Cool... I'm just wondering as I download this... Does it bob in the air as it sits there? or is it static... Yeah I'd think invention would be a perfect place to put it... I'm already using your blimp unit at steam engine... Great unit and might I just say excellent utilities you have there too :)

Thanks, Kinboat.
Yes, the balloon does bob up and down. when it moves, the fire ignites. And the death animation can be seen here:

Top Bottom