Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FionnMcCumhall

Emperor
Since the last poll wasnt very well liked and barely passed the vote and the discovery of iron working i felt that maybe we should start a new poll (informational) to see where we want to set our next settler. And ive got plenty of options, some were from the discussion thread which is still open and some from the original proposal and some new ones just because of the discovery of iron working enjoy!. Sorry if i didnt get them all.

please choose either 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 or abstain.

I voted for #4....

1. The Spices

2. Their is iron close by to it.

How about right on top of the iron to the east of Bavaria?

Shouldn't there be a discussion of this before the poll?

Spot 1, then 4.

Eyrei, there was discussion. :) Just that this poll is a newer version of the other. Plus, I think you'll lose the iron's shield bonus if you build on it.

Originally posted by Chieftess
Spot 1, then 4.

Eyrei, there was discussion. :) Just that this poll is a newer version of the other. Plus, I think you'll lose the iron's shield bonus if you build on it.

The situation has changed quite a bit. There are valid options that are not available on this poll.

there already was but couldnt we discuss and vote at the same time. we have a settler being built i modified the original poll and discussion to include disorganizers opinions, some of the citizens and some of domestics especially with the discovery of IW.

Alright, well if you modify your graphic to include option 7 on top of the iron and to show a little bit more to the east, I will modify the poll.

We could have iron hooked up in just a few turns if we build on top of that iron, and if we are going to launch an attack we will want swordsmen.

just a dumb question but should we be building on the iron? besides if we pick 4 expand the borders of that city we still have it? but modifying it? should i do that evrerytime someone wants a change? Could you add other instead kind sir

No, other doesn't serve the same purpose.

Besides, we have enough time to have further discussion and then post a final poll before the next turn chat, and this is definately the way I would prefer to do it.

Originally posted by FionnMcCumhall
ok

Can I close this then, to avoid confusion?

no ill change the wording to make it informational only but gee its starting to seem like any poll i do isnt going to please anyone

no ill change the wording to make it informational only but gee its starting to seem like any poll i do isnt going to please anyone

I got that feeling along time ago.... I just to make a poll to gather information and I get a ton of people telling me it's invalid.

Ok. That works for me.:goodjob: I hate to use the polls forum for discussions, but I guess since this has already started here...

Hehe. Shaitan would kill me, but I am really tempted to move this thread to the citizens forum.:crazyeye:

please add option 7 thx

Ok. We are good to go. I think...

This is a much better poll, FM. There are more options and that will make this a good preliminary poll to narrow the race. I do have a few comments I would like to share as this is now an official disscussion thread.

#5 is a waste of a good hill in this situation. If you had put the 5 one tile to the SW, you would have turned that wasteland of a tundra tile into a bonus grassland tile (under the city), plus you would have had the furs and the iron within the city boundries without expansion. This is not a negative comment, only an observation. One I hope will help you in choosing location options in the future.

#7 will get us the iron quicker than either one of the afore mentioned locations. You can build a city on a strategic resource and use it. Therefore, I vote for #7. Slide that settler down the road and plant her on that hill. Instant Iron (well, not really. You need to stop that worker south of Bavaria immediately and build road to the east of the game) and instant swordsman.

I did notice #2 and I thank you for that, but I feel that #3 should be one tile to the NW.

Life in the big leagues can be tough, I know. Don't let all this bother you too much. Keep your head up and do what you feel is right. You ARE the Domestic Leader.

i was going to place #3 there but decided against it as it was one of the original places.

My mistake. I just remembered it was in cp's poll. Sorry.

Top Bottom