Kodiak Modern-ish Tank

Hunter

Civ Addict
Kodiak Heavy MBT

This tank never existed I just like tanks so here is a fictitious history for the roll of heavy tank, however you can use this tank any way you like.

In 1983 a Joint venture between Vickers Defense Systems, Chrysler Defense and Cadillac Gage (now known as Textron Marine and Land Systems) to develop an all weather and adverse terrain heavy MBT. This project was at the request of the US and Canadian governments with the threat of a Russian invasion in mind. By the time the prototypes were ready the Russian threat was negligible however there was still much need on the horizon for a heavy tank useable in any land environment. Orders were placed by both governments to act in a supporting roll to there current MBT’s, however with modern volatile political climates it remains to be seen if these nations will increase there orders for any overseas wars.

Nations using this tank:
US
Canada
France
UK
Brazil

Armament: One 128mm(5in) main gun one 7.62mm(0.30in) MG and two 30mm (1.18in) Rarden cannons.
Armor: Multi-layered plating (Welded Aluminum and Titanium) 250mm(9.84in) thick

Attachments

• kodiak.zip
    239.7 KB · Views: 834

Attachments

• kodiak.jpg
    kodiak.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,939
Im also working on a matilda tank and thought I would ask you opinions.

um... has anyone else made one?

Attachments

• tilly.jpg
    tilly.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,914
Is the big picture supose to be a Matilda? I don't mean to be a jerk, but it doesn't look anything like a WWII Matilda.

That said, I really do like how it looks. Why not follow the same line with it as you did with the Kodiak? Make it a "what if" type of unit or something similar?

no your not being a jerk thats why I posted it I havent even started animating it yet. Thanks for the input, I dont have alot of matilda images to work with and I had thought of useing it as a "what if" tank but I haven't decided yet.

;)

Hunter, I don't know if you've recieved peso's PM yet, but your work on the Huey was awesome (and this unit too!) and we'd love to have you join the July 26th Coalition, specializing in guerilla and anti-guerilla creations. You are a huge asset to the forum, and we'd like to see you join us.

Hunter
Awesome Unit!

I love it! It's a mini-tank!

We would love to have you join the July 26th Coalition. We need some more unit-creators. I sent you a PM about it but in case you didn't get it, please consider this invitation. :D

hi Zulu the white tip on the barrel is because for the Matilda I stole the barrel off the Kodiak until I could make one specifically for the Matilda.

As for joining the Coalition I would love to:)

however would I still be able to produce units on my own that do not connect to Guerilla and Anti-Guerilla use?

Oh hell yeah! No restrictions! Just come in, chat some, give ideas, and hopefully take some ideas to make into units. Of course we might need your talent to create certain units (we have some scenarios going to be made after PtW that we need units for), but you have complete freedom to make the units you please.

Actualy the 'Matilda' looks a bit like a 'Churchill'...

Perhaps this is what it is meant to be?

Anyway...do this tank, Hunter!
It rocks and we need more armour!!!

And Hunter, don't forget, You can also join the Third Reich Team too,
We are the allies of the noble J26 team,
The TR team makes exclusive WW2 units and provides plenty of ideas and help for memebers...
Together these two teams have tons of history reference not to mention support from other expert mod makers...

So join both...best of both mod worlds...!
Just click on my team sig and PM the guys if you want to sign up!

Cheers!

Nice tank, Hunter. Both the completed Kodiak and the Matilda. I also like your little "scenario" of how the Kodiak came into development. Canada sure could use some new tanks. Our C3 Leopards are getting a little on the oldish side. And lets not even talk about our 40 year old Sea-King Helicopters...

And, by the way, if you were to modify your ini file slightly, people wouldn't have to copy files from the Modern Armour. Here's how you do it; you've got this...

RUN=ModernArmourRun.wav

Change it to this...

RUN=../Modern Armour/ModernArmourRun.wav

Now it will reference those sounds right out of the Modern Armour folder.

The "Matilsda" doesn't look like one so why not just name it something generic like infantry tank (e.g. Matilda II) or CS-Tank?

Top Bottom