Technical (rebel combat truck)

Hunter

Civ Addict
The Technical is a unit used by rebel groups and poor nations as a simple combat vehicle. Easy to design take one gun of your liking and strap it to the box of a regular truck, instantly you have a combat unit and small troop mover. Or so I understand it but if anyone has more info please post it thanks.

Download both zip files.

Attachments

• technical flics.zip
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,062
Sounds

sorry I had no luck with the ../name/name.wav thing.

Attachments

• technical sound.zip
    146.5 KB · Views: 605
the unit

Attachments

• technicaldefault.gif
    technicaldefault.gif
    9 KB · Views: 3,076
The J26 salutes you, Hunter! I am soooo excited about this unit! *giggling like school girl* You have no idea how happy you have made me! :goodjob: keep up the good work, comrade! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

hunter;

nice unit. this will be the upgrade for some h/n unit i have. not sure which yet.

Originally posted by CurtSibling
Nice unit!

I could imagine Ted Nugent riding with his shotgun in the back!!!

:goodjob:

dude, ted,s dead.

j/k

"cat scratch" was about the best one he did.

Originally posted by stainz
dude, ted,s dead.

j/k

"cat scratch" was about the best one he did.

It's unfortunate, but Nugent is still alive.
Don't get the idea that I like him...I hate the gun-toting cretin.

And Nitro's cover version of "Cat Scratch Fever" was better than the original!

i was going to post more about "ted nugget," but this isn,t the post to do so in.

god rest his sole.

Here's a site with a bunch of pics of real life technicals in Somalia. I was a little surprised at the variety. From an AA gun mounted on the back of a massive Pegaso truck to a huge 106mm recoiless plopped on top of a chop top Land Cruiser.

http://membres.lycos.fr/France40/technic.html

I have some pics from Somolia you might also find interesting.
I'll try to scan them tonight, or tomorow.

Technical is a Somoli term for any vehicle with a heavy weapon mounted on it. It wouldnt apply to other countries.

Nice work Hunter. :goodjob:

If only the somalians were white and lived in the south, then those vehicles would be used in the Redneck Army in the Confederate States of America

Top Bottom