The New Cartographic Office of Fanatika

FortyJ

Deity
Welcome to the New Cartographic Office of Fanatika.

Welcome. This thread is for discussions, requests, complaints and just about everything there is to do with respect to our maps.

Our official, current maps can be found in our Front Office.

Additionally, certain records (of previous discussions, etc...) are still available at our old location. Feel free to browse around.

While the cartographic demands for our fledgling nation are currently manageable with our current staff, we are looking for citizens that would be willing to assist us in the following areas:
  • General Mapmaking - responsible for assisting this department with the production of a variety of maps including general maps, tactical maps, political maps, resource maps, etc....
  • Provinces - responsible for assisting our Domestic Leader with establishing/modifying our provincial borders.
  • National Parks and Landmarks - responsible for managing our National Park Program and for assisting provincial governors and establishing names for key geographical features, etc....
Code:
[u]Current Staff[/u]
FortyJ			Director
Octavian X		Asst Director
Cyc			Cartographer
CivGeneral		Cartographer
Ehecatl Atzin		Parks and Landmarks
Trader/Warrior		Parks and Landmarks

40j - If you require any assistance putting maps together of any kind and would like my help, just let me know.

Originally posted by Octavian X
You need to contact neutral leader. As Bohemian Governor, he retains all naming rights.

If we can find NL ;). 40J, If you need any help, let me know :).

Announcement:
I got honours according to this Poll which reached quorum.
So due to this i am on top of the naming-coc and as such:
I name the next city "Kuhkaff"
as it will be near the cows.
(no, i didnt get any other idea. yes, its not original. no, lookup the meaning yourself)

Thanks for the post Dis. I've already updated the Registry of City Names accordingly.

Note to all citizens receiving City Naming Rights: You must post your chosen city names in this thread to guarantee registration of your name.

hey. I signed up to the RPG, and guess I'll be signing up here soon... depending on what your responce is:
in the RPG I wanna be a map maker. the leader there suggested I post a notice here, so... here it is :D I can help wit putting maps togethor if need be, or whatever else is requested.

Spazzy
While we already have a few map-makers on our staff, we are always looking for additional help.

Do you have any preferences for the types of maps you would like to draw (ie, general, political, demographic, tactical, etc...) or is there a certain niche that you would like to pursue?

Also, can you provide us with a sample of your work (I recommend using the 'Upload File' feature for this and providing a link to the file in this thread).

SAaM
Congrats!
I will update the Registry immediately. I would assume that despite Donsig's position in the CoC, the fact that he has yet to provide this office with his choice of names would require him to be passed over when it comes time to name the next city.

However, Shaitan has recently been awarded an honor as well, and both he and Strider appear before you in the Registry. Nonetheless, congratulations!

I like the civil side of things, but all are avilable.
as for a "sample" I'm not quite sure what you mean. you can give me a task to proove my worth perhaps?

also are you in the RPG game? in that game, I'll be owning the only catrographic company I know of, so perhaps we "started the business togethor" or something? which would explain why I'm not the big cheese.

Spazzy
I am not actively involved in the RPG, but if I'm not mistaken, a position in this office would increase your RPG salary.

As far as proving your worth.... I'd suggest testing your mettle in a productive way. Two hot topics of debate currently are 1) where to place future cities, and 2) what our provincial borders are going to be. Perhaps you could try drafting a proposal or two (using a nice map for demonstration) in one of these discussions threads.

I would like to sign up as a cartogrpaher for this office.

I'd like to help with the landamrk naming bit of the office! :)

Ehecatl Atzin

Ehecatl Atzin - Outstanding! Welcome aboard!

Keep in mind that, ultimately, the naming of landmarks falls upon the provincial governors.

However, this division of the Cartographic Office is responsible for assisting our provincial governors with identifying potential landmarks and assisting with the creation of polls and discussion threads.

Additionally, your responsibilities will include the management of our National Park Program, including identification of potential parks and the creation of discussion threads and polls to that affect.

Great! thanks :) It's still a bit early in the game for National Parks, but I'll get to work on identifiying posible land marks. :)

Ehecatl Atzin

Top Bottom