• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Executive Brance Debates

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
This is the debate thread for the executive brance (department leaders and presidential candidates). Here are the questions:

ALL CANDIDATES
A two part question, answer briefly please: How do you feel about turn-chats and is your position that they should continue as is, or do you favor the concept of private/closed door turn sessions by the DP?

What qualifications and experience do you have for the position you are running for?

If you are given the chance to name a city, what would you name it?

Are you familliar with all of our laws?
Do you abide by them?

Question for younger candidates: Hypothetical Situation - You totally fail a math test. You realize that this effects your grade in a big way. Which would you do? A- Study harder, even if it meant loosing forum time; or B- Let your grades plummet and continue on with the demogame.

How do you stand to the proposal of having very small provinces at the start to get to about 10 governors quick and then redesign the provincial borders for having a solid number of about 10 governors throughout most of the game? (formerly known as the "Provincial Growth Formula")

Explain in one sentence why the citizens should vote for you instead of your opponents.

EXECUTIVE
What makes a good Department Leader?

Who would you rather have as a deputy, someone you knew and got along with, but who was not qualified, or someone that you did not work well with, but was very good at the job?

Why are you running for the department you are running for?
Are you running for 2 positions? If so, which ones? If you win both positions, which would you take?

What victory would you prefer?

Do you support pop rushing? (using population to rush improvements)

What is the most important tech in the ancient age?

What difficulty level do you normally play the Civilization 3 game at?

If not Emperor or higher, do you feel comfortable playing at an Emperor level in this game?

Do you have a working Civilization 3 game patched to version 1.29?

For the Presidential Candidates:

Are you for holding chats and when do you plan to hold them?

A two part question, answer briefly please: How do you feel about turn-chats and is your position that they should continue as is, or do you favor the concept of private/closed door turn sessions by the DP?

Turn Chats. They are THE only way to do it. As diplomat to The Community, I see how a closed door session would run. Its not for us. Weve been doing turn chats for around half a year now. Its worked so far.. Lets continue

What qualifications and experience do you have for the position you are running for?
I am currently Domestic Head. Only one (two, If Ekle was in that department before I came in) other candidate in this election has been Domestic Leader. Under my leadership, two (counting the one to be built Saturday) have been built, we have expanded and are now prepared to kick some Aztec but.
And for science- Its to avenge a loss last term. Or, to at least beat donsig (hes not running, so i did that already). Also- We need some agreement in that department. Strider, Civ and I get along fine. Also- Im the only one yet to be hit by a large car (j/k)

Thanks to an honor, Ive got Penguin.

Yup. I may disagree with some polling standards, but I live by them.

Do you abide by them?

As much as human-penguin-ly possible.

Question for younger candidates: Hypothetical Situation - You totally fail a math test. You realize that this effects your grade in a big way. Which would you do? A- Study harder, even if it meant loosing forum time; or B- Let your grades plummet and continue on with the demogame.
Still goes on... Yeesh, I proposed this last game I believe. Anyways, my grades are fine, and should they falter, id study more.

How do you stand to the proposal of having very small provinces at the start to get to about 10 governors quick and then redesign the provincial borders for having a solid number of about 10 governors throughout most of the game? (formerly known as the "Provincial Growth Formula")
Nope.... After all the debate put into borders, whatever wins the final poll will be our borders. Sorry, Formula.

Explain in one sentence why the citizens should vote for you instead of your opponents.
Penguin: Hes been doing well so far, so why bother to change?

EXECUTIVE
A good leader is someone who listens. Someone who isnt afriad to fight for what he believes in. Someone who can say, "Oy... Mr President, the people want this!!!" with out fear. (Sarcastic answer: Someone who could prance around in a pink tutu and kill anyone who laughs at them)

Who would you rather have as a deputy, someone you knew and got along with, but who was not qualified, or someone that you did not work well with, but was very good at the job?
Someone qualified. Look at science. They hate eachother, but they get along for the sake of the department.

Im already head. Ive got ideas to expand, Ideas to make us smarter and more cultured then we are right now.

Are you running for 2 positions? If so, which ones? If you win both positions, which would you take?
Not telling, but I have an idea in my mind.

Normally, im a pacifict. But here, im all for killing everyone. Lets get as strong as humanly possible. Then lets kill everyone!
Only in situations outlined by the col. Like for defensive purposes.
LITERATURE!!!!

I am comfortable with Chieftan to Monarch, Emperor is okay with me. I am currently attempting a diplo/space victory on Deity.
If not Emperor or higher, do you feel comfortable playing at an Emperor level in this game?
Yes
Almost.... give me a few days.

In conclusion, VOTE PENGUIN!

I am running for foreign affairs minister.

A two part question, answer briefly please: How do you feel about turn-chats and is your position that they should continue as is, or do you favor the concept of private/closed door turn sessions by the DP? I feel that turn chats provide a great deal of fun for many of our citizens. I do not feel that they are to 'keep an eye' on officials. Recently, however, too many important decisions are made during the chats that should be made on the forums.

What qualifications and experience do you have for the position you are running for? I was domestic leader for 3 terms in demogame 1, helped get the game started, served a short stint as president, have been designated player on several occasions, and have a good understanding of the laws.

If you are given the chance to name a city, what would you name it? Palanthus

Do you abide by them?
Yes. I abide by the spirit of the laws always, and almost always by the letter. I prefer to leave these decisions to the judiciary, however.

How do you stand to the proposal of having very small provinces at the start to get to about 10 governors quick and then redesign the provincial borders for having a solid number of about 10 governors throughout most of the game? (formerly known as the "Provincial Growth Formula") I think we should elect new governors as the current provinces become too large. There is not need to have a huge number of governors who may or may not actually do their jobs.

Explain in one sentence why the citizens should vote for you instead of your opponents. I intend to make sure we do not have a repeat of the often mentioned domino war, as this would be deadly on this level.

What makes a good Department Leader? Department leaders must be responsible, receptive to other's ideas, knowledgable about the game and good at posting polls.

Who would you rather have as a deputy, someone you knew and got along with, but who was not qualified, or someone that you did not work well with, but was very good at the job? I hope that any deputy I have will be willing and capable of arguing with me about decisions, as I do make mistakes.

I have wanted to try a term at foreign affairs leader since last game, and I think that it will be an interesting position for a civilization that out of necessity must engage in wars.

What victory would you prefer? Normally, I prefer cultural or diplomatic victory. For this game, I think spaceship is our best bet.

Do you support pop rushing? (using population to rush improvements) Yes.

What is the most important tech in the ancient age? It depends on the game and the civ. For us, it was iron working.

What difficulty level do you normally play the Civilization 3 game at? Monarch and Emperor.

Do you have a working Civilization 3 game patched to version 1.29? Yes.

Turn Chats are the most important part of the game aside from the citizens of the game. We should continue to use them and never go to close door/private sessions. We pride ourselves on giving the citizens their voice and aside from the forums this is one of the best ways for them to be heard.

I have been Domestic Leader already. Although it was a short term and had to leave due to problems at home they have been slowly resolved and i am prepared to lead us into greatness. Also was governor of Ameri

Well i was sposed to name a city once before but never got a chance due to constant bickering over city proposals, the name was used but im going to have to come up with a new name. But i promise it shall be a good one :)

Do you abide by them?

I am very familiar with the rules, altho with some news ones out there, its getting harder to keep up, and yes i abide by them to the best of ones abilities.

Right now i support smaller provinces, but that may change

I will lead us in the right direction.

EXECUTIVE

A good leader is someone who listens to the citizens and makes the best decision for the good of the citizenry. One who leads to victory.

I prefer both in a way. An inexperienced player offers a fresh view on things but a seasoned player would offer their experience with the game to guide you or help you. As for being able to work tegether its a must have for any posotion. A leader should not have someone they couldnt work with as that hurts the process

Domestic and im also running for Governor of Bohemia. If i won both i think we know which one id take :)

Culture, diplomatic, or space ship

Only in extreme emergencies.

Literature. i say that because its importnant to stay in the tech race but its tough in the highert levels to do so

Monarch - i played diety a couple of times and got thru by the skin of my teeth winning only 1 game. (culture gotta love it)

I feel confortable playing at the level we are in

Yes my game is fully patched and working at 1.29

I'm tempted to start copying these answers from previous debates.

ALL CANDIDATES
I have stated before that I believe that the game should only be played in a tc.

For President? I've been VP for the second term. Though, throughout both demogames, I've been governor, trade leader, and chief justice, and am currently Mayor of Morgana. I've served in all branches of Fanatikan government.

Octavinium. A simple name, though some say it's hard to pronounce:D

Do you abide by them?

Whatdya think? As a self-proclaimed expert on our laws, and Chief Justice for 1 and a half terms, I hope I know our laws!
And, having never been investigated, I know'em pretty well too.

Grades first, demogame later.

I don't like it. Our provinces should be established one by one.

I'm and excellent, knowlegible, leader, and an all around nice guy:D

EXECUTIVE
What makes a good Department Leader (President)?
A good department leader, first of all, follows our laws. He posts instructions on time, and after extensive discussion and polling.

Honestly, considering my deputy would be Vice President, some one well qualified would be the best.

I feel that, as president, I can do an excellent job leading our glourios nation through the war with Montezuma.
Also, I want to make a difference in, and leave a mark on, Fanatika. Presidents are not easily forgotten.

I'm also running for Governor of Bohemia. In the unlikely event that I win both, I'd go for (duh!) the presidency.

As a builder, I love the culture victory. It is the most honorable method.

As I've stated in related discussion, whipping need only be used for an emergency library, or spearmen.

Literature. We need literature for libraries, and the Great Library.

I've gotten better, and like monarch games. Emperor is fine, just more challenging.

Yes, I do. Everyone'll just end up telling me how to play, anyway.:)

You mean people survive without it?

For the Presidential Candidates:

Aren't these questions getting redundant? Darn Department of Reduncy Department...
As for a schedule, the chats would probably be move to a day later, Thursday and Sunday, at around 8EST.

ALL CANDIDATES
I feel the Turn Chats are fine the way they are. They allow for the players to somewhat influence the game as it is being played more than DG1's closed Turn Chats with the 'update' chat room.

I was the governor of Ameri, mayor of San Francisco, and Deputy of Foreign Affairs in demogame 1.

I was thinking something along the lines of Plexenburg.

Are you familiar with all of our laws?
Yes, I have read the constitution several times over.

Do you abide by them?
Yes.

Question for younger candidates: Hypothetical Situation - You totally fail a math test. You realize that this affects your grade in a big way. Which would you do? A- Study harder, even if it meant loosing forum time; or B- Let your grades plummet and continue on with the demogame.
I would have to choose option "A", I would still do my job as well as I could, but if it came down to my future or the demogame, I would have to favor real life.

How do you stand to the proposal of having very small provinces at the start to get to about 10 governors quick and then redesign the provincial borders for having a solid number of about 10 governors throughout most of the game? (Formerly known as the "Provincial Growth Formula")
I have never liked the provincial growth formula, and I made it known in Demogame 1. I think a nation with 20 cities should be ruled by 3 or 4 governors, and a nation with 40 cities should be run by 6-8 governors (etc.).

Citizens should vote for me because of my experience in the demogame and my ability to get people to work together.

EXECUTIVE
A good department leader is someone who listens to the citizens and still voices his own opinion while following the law.

This is a tough question. I'd say someone I know would be a better deputy if I was a leader. The ability to work together to a common cause is far more efficient that being at odds with your deputy. You could always train someone and make them better at their job, making someone who is both good at their job and someone who you work well with. (A win / win situation.)

I am running for Cultural Leader because, as stated above, I put a lot of emphasis on cultural projects in my games.
I am running for the governorship of Bohemia because of my extensive experience in the legislative branch.

If I win both the governorship of Bohemia and Cultural Minister, I would choose Culture if it came down to it, as I feel I can have a better influence on the Demogame this way.

In my games, I usually go for a Culture win. At the rate we are going at now, I will prefer a space victory. (I will try to correct the anti-cultural stance if elected into this position).

Do you support pop rushing? (Using population to rush improvements)
Under extreme cases (defense of a city) I support population rushing. But for ordinary things, I am against pop rushing.

In most cases, Literature or Monarchy are the most important techs, but if you are going to play an early military game (such as ours), iron working is the most important.

EXECUTIVE AND LEGISLATIVE CANDIDATES
I usually play games at the Monarch / Emperor level but I do throw in the occasional Deity.

Yes, I feel completely comfortable with the Emperor level.

Yes, I have a fully patched game.

Turn chats are fine the way they are. No more need said.

This can not be a worst question to ask me :(. Oh well.... Here goes my whole list of qualfications.

Demogame 1
Term 1
Science Chat Rep
Term 2
Science Deputy
Term 3
Science Leader
Trade Deputy
Term 4
Science Leader
Vice President
Term 5
Mayor of tsingtao
Science Leader

Demogame 2
Term 1
Science Leader
Term 2
Science Leader

Stridertitutatintantutian. Then when can just nickname it Strider, but I still get a nice long name I've always wanted :).

Do you abide by them?

1. Yes I know are constitution almost by heart.

2. It depends on someones opionion of following the laws. Some people may think that breaking a law to do what's right is wrong... no matter what, while other's may think it's perfectly fine. It just depends on someone's opionion.

I have never studied in my life and I still have good grades. If it did happen through I believe I will split up my time between studing and forums.

I don't think It would matter either way we do it.

I will not answer this question.

Once again we are at the opionion. Differant people thinks differant things. Answering this question would not fit my personality.

Someone who I knew better. You could not do anything if you argued with the person instead of doing your correct job. I believe you would get more done with someoen you knew better.

I have always loved being Science Leader and I want to try and hold onto it as long as I can. It would be a great honor to me if I can be in this poistion for the 6th Term in the row.

Have not decided on which victory I want. To early to start thinking about it.

It depends on the sitution.

A tie between The Republic or Liturture. One is a goverment you have for a pretty long time and the other gives you the best scientific/culture improvement in the game.

Regent

I feel very comfortable. I think that we have good enough citizesn and department leaders to make the right choices even in the difficulty level.

Yes.... Through I'm having some trouble with my copy of Civ3. It wont let me start a new game. :)

Well, I personally enjoy attending the turn chats but I do not think they are a vital part of the demogame and have in the past voted in favour of making them optional. Their mandatory status often serves to narrow the pool of potential presidents to those who are able to attend them.

I have 7 terms worth of demogame experience. 6 of these have been spent in government positions and during all of this time I have been actively involved in discussion of the issues of the day. During the course of my term as War Minister I strove with success to achieve cooperation with the other council departments over the proposals I made, and my tenure as Public Defender has left me with detailed knowledge of demogame law.
As president I would committed myself to the goal of conclusively establishing the will of the people regarding our mid to long term aims, and encouraged the individual departments to cooperate in formulating the plans and policies which would allow us to achieve those aims. This included presiding over our successes in the current Aztec war.
Having served as Governor, Public Defender, Military Leader and President gives me a breadth of Demogame experience that few citizens can rival.

I'm hoping someone will let me rename Tenochtitlan to "Eklektochtitlan" ;)

Very much so. One and a half terms as Public Defender has that effect on you. :)

Do you abide by them?

Yes, I do. I take great care to.

I'm not in favour of it. I think that constant redefinition of provinces would result in confusion and prevent each province from establishing its own flavour. It would also make it harder to coordinate the various cities' build queues.

Citizens should vote for me because I will focus the department on doing what is needed to keep the game running smoothly and successfully through forward planning and effective polling.

Enthusiasm for the work of their department and for open discussion & polling of actions to be taken in the performance of that work. It is also important that Department Leaders be willing to cooperate with each other in order to further the goals of the nation.

I'd always prefer a talented deputy, regardless of how well we got on. The people should have good government, not a mutual appreciation society.

Because I believe that from the domestic department I will be able to help keep Fanatika on the path to victory, and because the Domestic department appears to be in desperate need of forward thinking leadership at this point in the game.

I am only running for Domestic Leader

I like the idea of Conquest, or failing that, Domination. A Spaceship victory is also always satisfying, of course! :D

No. I do not like using our people as building material. I only ever support using the technique if the likely alternative is the loss of that city.

Iron Working is always a great boon, as it provides knowledge of the location of a resource that will be of great importance for a very long time to come.
Writing is invaluable, as embassies both improve the attitudes of our rivals, and provide us with a greater range of diplomatic options - some of which can be used to change the entire balance of power within the game.

Emperor :)

Yes, I do.

I feel that the Turn chats should continue the way they are now.

I have been Military Leader and Deputy. I am also very good at mathmatics, which will help with analysis and planning in the Domestic department.

Nar Shaddaa

Yes

Do you abide by them?
Yes

A. I dont think that is a problem with me since i do very well in Algebra. If real life commitments became too great though I would have to reduce my time spent in the demogame.

I beleve that the "Provincial Growth Formula" would cause most govenors to complan about the size of their province.

The reason that Citizens should vote for me is because I have experiance in Mathmatics and know the right place for a settler to settle.

A good department leader is someone who can take critizism and do not stop posting ideas because of it.

I would like a deputy that is very good at the job.

why are you running for the department you are running for?
I believe I have the necessary skills to manage the Lux/tax/sci rate and I can determine the best spots for settlement to offer to the citizens.

Only Domestic ;)

I prefer the Spaceship launch victory or Diplomacy.

I do not support pop rushing except in extreme emergencies.

Ironworking

I usualy play either Monarch or Emperor.

Yes

Yes, I have CivIII patched with v1.29

I think that closed door turn sessions are more realistic and though some may think they eliminate the DEMOCRACY part of the game, if the represtatives know the thoughts of thier supporters then they should be able to be just as good as thier supporters. In this way it is more like a democracy, and if they don't like his representation of them then they don't have to vote.

I am a CIV master. I have won all games on all difficutlies.

Progess

Do you abide by them?

Yes, and yes.

B- is what you want me to do but A is what I would do. PS I have never studied for math and i make 95's Trust me this is a truelly hypothetcial question. And even if i would study i would find a way to do both.

I think that the provinces should be layed out like the early American colonies. Make ten "pie slices" raying out from the capital and they go indefinetly.

I will represt my followers in the best way possible.

EXECUTIVE

A good decision maker and a problem solver (someone that is ingenuitive.) Also a good debator is key to promoting your area to the fullest extent.

Deputies are important to delegate too and in emergency take over.

Foriegn affairs and science. Foriegn affairs would be my top choice.

Which ever is the most likely of succeeding or whichever is supported by the masses (usually the hardest.)

Yes on border towns building culture improvements (only 1 pop may be used or less than 40 shields)

Literature for the Germans.

Monarch, because it is the most fun/ realistic.

Yes definetly. I have had conquest victory, domination victory and science victory in Emperor.

Yes.

--I have pretty much the same stance as Bill on this one. I beleive that the turn-chat is an extremely important part of the game to many players. I think the chat should continue but with boundaries to prevent small groups of people from overriding what has been decided in the forum.

--I am relatively new to this game and haven't held any office before. However, I completely understand out laws and how the demogame works.

--Naerva

Do you abide by them?

-- I am extremely familiar with our laws. I strictly abide by these laws and have not had any charges brought against me yet.

-- Althought the demogame is very inportant, I beleive our real life priorities are more important for this reason: If you study hard and get good grades, the n you will have more forum time. However I get good grades and don't plan on faling any time soon .

--I am against this. I believe with more governors, we will have less control and more people will neglect their duties. It would be better if there were 5 or 6 governors and 1 or 2 of them failed to post build queues and the mayors could easily come in and post queues rather than if there were ten governors and four of the forgot to post queue's and you have to contact alot of people because the governors failed to do their job. I also think it would be more organized with less governors because there would be fewer pronvinces and governors to keep track of.

--I am very experienced in trade negotiations and feel that I could do an excellent job building our trade network and working on negotiations.

Explain what makes a good department leader

-- A good department leader is someone who is a good decision-maker, can take constructive criticism and apply it to his/her descions, follows the law, and listens to the citizens to help him make a descion.

-- I would take the second choice. Even if you didn't get along with that person, it is imperative that I have someone who knows what he is doing when I can't execute my office.

--I am running for trade leader because I am good at building trade networks and negotiating deals and feel I can serve the people of Fanatika well. I am running for this and Judge Advocate. I would probably take Trade Leader if I won the election.

--Probably domination or spaceship.

--It depends on the circumstances. If we can afford it or are in desparate need of it yes. Otherwise, no.

--Probably Iron Working or Literature

-- I play anywhere from Chieftan to Monarch.

--Yes, I feel I can handle an Emporer level game since I have yet to try one and am doing well on my current monarch game.

--Yes.

I think either concept is perfectly workable and it should be a choice of the citizens. The major problem with off-line (isn't "private/closed door" a bit prejudicial?) turns is that we often have poorly developed instructions from the various departments. This leads to a great amount of inefficiency and decision making in the chat turn, which in turn makes the current chat turn setup seem indispensible. If instructions are posted with the proper foresight then there is little to no need to play out those instructions in public.

I am the architect of the current rules. I am an emperor/diety level player. I am a modder (British Isles Mod) with the extensive knowledge of the minutiae of the game that that requires. I have been involved in the government or management of the demogame since before the 1st demogame started. I have a great ability for organization and bringing various factions to an acceptable concensus.

Dacula, in honor of a fine little town near where I live.

Yes, I wrote them.

Do you abide by them?
Absolutely.

Taking the spirit of this question; if real life takes a turn that requires more of my time then I would reduce the time I spend on the forums.

I was originally in favor of this but due to reduced participation I doubt we could fill so many governor positions right now. With our track record of governors in office this game I would not want that many places to keep an eye on either. I think that once we have straightened out the game we will again attract the excellent participation (both quality and quantity) that many provinces require.

My combination of experience, ability to arbitrate, ability to motivate and dedication to the demogame makes me the ideal candidate.

A good Leader keeps a finger on the pulse of the nation, makes proposals and leads discussions on critical and upcoming game aspects, reaches a popular concensus and clearly posts instructions in the chat instruction thread.

I would not approve of any non-qualified person holding a Leadership office. However, the Deputy positions are there to GET people qualified for a Leader job. I would enjoy helping a dedicated person to become a good Leader. It would also be reassuring to know that if I was unable to attend to a duty, that it would be efficiently taken care of. In essence, I think both of these scenarios are workable and do not have a specific preference.

We are at a critical juncture both in the demogame and the game itself. We have recently lost a couple of our most verbose posters over dissatisfaction with the demogame. I feel I am the ideal candidate to lead the demogame through this perilous period and get it running smoothly, efficiently and fairly again.

No, I am running only for the Presidency.

It's a bit too early to plan for a particular victory in our game. In general I have no preference. In my games I just play and let the fates indicate which condition to pursue later in the game.

Not as a general practice but in certain circumstances. Examples would be temples, where needed, as the happiness benefit of the temple counters the unhappiness of the rush. I have also rushed marketplaces when I need to in order to do an efficient switch to Republic from Despotism. Pop rush is also an option to raise emergency defense forces.

This depends a lot on the world itself (islands, continents, pangaea, terrain, etc). Generally speaking, ironworking is the most critical tech and having it before your opponents is a monstrous advantage.

Yes

Of course I will. Chats are requried in our rules and whoever wins the Presidency had better hold them. Chats will be scheduled as my time permits with the majority in the morning, EST. This should be a welcome opportunity for our European players.

I'm for turn chats, I believe there is no better way to do it. I'm also for open turn chats where citizens are allowed to speak.

Military Leader during Demogame 1 Terms 2-5.

(In order or probobility)
New Falcon's Haven
Falcon's Haven
Falcon's Nest
(note a trend here ;) )

Yes, I've contributed to some of them, been there to witness the creation of most of them.

Do you abide by them?
Yes, I intend to always abide by the forum rules, if I ever unintentionally break the rules I am willingly face the concequences.

This applies to college for me. For me my education is priority #1. When you pay +$6,000 per semester for it then you might understand and might have a right to count that against me. Anyway, I will keep up with my Forum duties, however if my Classes start demanding so much time from me I'm unable to preform my duties I will step down to concentrate more on my studies.

I have no problem with it, however, depending on how big we get 10 governors may be too much later in the game, but for now it's fine.

I'm the longest running Military Leader, leading our troops for nearly all of Demogame 1.

I am open to and welcome other ideas and criticism of my ideas and I'm a good stradegist.

I'd prefer a Deputy who knows what he's doing, if they don't know what they're useless.

why are you running for the department you are running for?
The experience and skill I have for Military operations.

Nope, I'm only running for Military Leader, and that's all I've ever run for.

I really have no preferance, however I feel the Demogame II's settings (Huge and all 16 civs) make Conquest and Domination impractical options. I'm also somewhat partial to a Space Race Victory, of course with a Aerospace Engineering Major, I don't know why ;)

I only support pop rushing for EMERGENCY military purposes. In cases where pop-rushing seems neccisary for the success of a campaign or for our defence.

Literature, for a bid on the Great Library. Since I think we already have that I'd say Monarchy because of the long Wars we will likely wage in the future.

Monarchy.

I feel Fairly Comfortable, it was actually my experience with the first Demogame which gave me confidence with playing on the Monarchy level in the first place. Also, since the Demogame is much slower and more thought out, and my efforts are concentrated on one aspect, along with taking outside criticism I have found that my efforts in the Demogame tend to be more fruitful than my own games where I spend less time thinking out stradegies. I also put so much effort into it because I realize that I'm not the only one to lose from my mistakes, if I lose, we all lose.

Yes

FortyJ's Debate Responses
Candidate for Foreign Affairs Leader

The Turn Chats are a vital part of the demo game. They not only serve as an exciting venue for all citizens to meet and participate in the actual playing of the game, but also as a means of ensuring that our elected leaders act in best interest of the citizenry.

I am currently the head of the Cartographic Office of Fanatika and have taken an active role in assisting the Domestic Department with the creation of discussion threads and informational polls.

Huntington

Do you abide by them?

I have read the laws in their entirety and have become quite familiar with them. I strive to always abide by the law in thoughts, words and deeds, in the demo game and in real life.

This question should really be changed to something more general so that it applies to us "older" citizens as well...

What this question is really asking is - will my real-life commitments interfere with my demo game obligations? My first priority (as I'm sure is everyone else's) is to my family and my other real-life obligations. However, I believe that my recent level of participation has demonstrated my ability to take part in the demo game while fulfilling my real-life obligations.

I believe that provincial borders should be established according to the surrounding geographical terrain and should be established as early as possible. Of course, there must be allowances for small changes to these borders in the early game as more potential boundaries are revealed to us, but I am opposed to the idea of constantly growing provinces.

I'll do the job better than anyone has ever done it before.

Generally speaking, someone who keeps the citizens informed with respect to departmental reports; someone who promotes healthy discussions, and posts timely polls so that the voice of the people can be heard.

I'd much rather have somebody that was very good at the job. If done properly, these leadership positions require a lot of time and a competent deputy will only make the job easier for both.

I am also running for Chief Justice. I'd be extremely honored if I were to win both positions, and it would be an extremely difficult decision to make as to which one to accept. My opponents in both races are extremely qualified, so it might come down to a coin flip. ;) In all seriousness, I'd have to talk to my respective opponents to get a feel for the correct course of action first.

At this point, I'll take any. Spaceship is my favorite (the video ending is more rewarding).

I don't think it is a viable long term approach to overcoming our productive problems. Let's just say that I'm not unilaterally opposed to it, and it certainly wouldn't be the first thing I think of doing. Of course, once we switch to Monarchy, the issue becomes moot.

I feel that there are so many beneficial techs in this age that the best one is the the one that best suits your unique civ's advantages. In our case, we are militaristic and scientific, so Literature would be a big winner because of our ability to construct cheap libraries. However, at this level of difficulty, it will be some time before we can keep pace in tech research on our own.

Iron working is critical for our military because it empowers us with a mighty weapon to strike at our enemies. Monarchy, however, would have to be the best tech as it provides increased productivity and the ability to rush improvements with gold instead of blood.

Regent/Monarch

Sure. As the DP, you're not acting on your own wishes, but rather the will of the people. The forums and turn chats have set the policy and so-called marching orders for our troops. The DP just happens to be the lucky person carrying them out, or the poor sap who gets blamed if something goes wrong. ;)

Yes.

BCLG100 -trade leadership

ALL CANDIDATES
no they should continue it allows more people to be involved in the demogame
1 term trade leader 1st term
2 terms governer of mohamwkia demogame 1

Abydos
yes
Do you abide by them?
as best i can

both i would just do them at the same time

i think it is a bad idea people would get confused on where everything is if they keep changing

because i have loads of experience and really want to do well

EXECUTIVE
trustworthy and hardworking

someone who was good at it then again i dont really know anyone i dont get along with

nop just one runnig for this one because i believe i could make a difference in trade

any but preferably culture

no

iron working as this can give you a leg upo producing military

monach/emporer
yeh sure with the right people helping
yep

ALL CANDIDATES

I like the turn chats and i think they should continue as is

What qualifications and experience do you have for the positions you are running for?
For Science I started for 2 terms the first demogame and for Trade I know how to get the best deal ;)

Civanatoria

Do you abide by them?

I am familiar with them and i abide by them

I am the smartest in my class, but if by some twist of fate this happens, I will probably disappear from the demogame for a while. I would be studying by buttocks off. (Also my parents would kill me.)

I like it as long as the original governers get to stay until the end of the term.

I think they should vote for me because I have the qualified experience for Science and Trade, being a veteran demogame leader.

EXECUTIVE

What makes a good Department Leader is someone who voices public opinion, but also goes by their experience and learnings too, and spomeone who is honest.

I would choose the one who I do not get along with, cause I can always make room for change.

I am running for Science and Trade. I am running for these positions because I love Science in this game, and I want to try my Trading skills. I would probably choose Science.

I would prefer a Space Race

Only in times of need

The first one :)

I haven't played in a while, but mostly Regent and once on Monarch.

I feel comfortable because I am with experienced leaders.

Not at the moment, but in about a week i will.

Top Bottom