Fanatikan General Policy / Direction

Which of the paths proposed in the first post should Fanatika follow?

• The Way of Peace

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • The Road to War

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Eklektikos

Eponymous
Proposals:

1. The Way of Peace

We prioritise internal infrastructure such as libraries, temples, marketplaces, etc, and attempt to build any Wonders by using conventional pre-building techniques. We try to maintain friendly relations with our neighbours through trade and other peaceful agreements, and adopt an aggressive posture only when under threat of attack. Our prefered governments are Republic & Democracy, and our ultimate goal is a cultural, diplomatic or spaceship win.

2. The Road to War

We prioritise all things military such as units, barracks, etc, will attempt to rush any Great Wonders with Great Leaders or capture them from other civs. We will regularly declare war on our neighbours, and attempt to capture cities and extort as much research and gold from them as possible. We will not as a rule wipe them out, but leave them around so as to come back and repeat the process. Our prefered government is Monarchy, and our ultimate goal is to achieve any victory condition other than diplomatic, for all the other options may still be open to us for some time to come.

Poll duration: 96 hours or until quorum is reached - whichever is the later.

if these first 4 votes are any sign, whoever is in the Military Leader seat next term will be busy :D

I think a road to war would be nice, but monacry is not the goverment to do it in. Republic in my opionion is a much better war-time goverment.

During war, Monarchy is a vastly superior government. MPs keep people happy and the advantage of no war weariness counters Republic's financial advantage. Republic is good if you want to wage occasional wars but generally pursue a builder philosophy. Marchy is what you use when you want (or expect) frequent wars.

Generally I'm a builder, and I voted the Way of Peace. But I'd also keep a good army, and not be afraid to use it as warranted. I'm not sure if we have a large enough territory, with ample enough resources, to be strictly peaceful; until such time, we should use our military judiciously.

We are a well balanced society. I voted the Road to War.

Currently, our only advantage over the other civs is our military strength. Shall we discard this advantage to challenge ourselves further? I think not.

I am for peace for now but in the future, we will need to attack and gain control of more land.

Originally posted by FortyJ
Currently, our only advantage over the other civs is our military strength. Shall we discard this advantage to challenge ourselves further? I think not.

40, we are even losing that. The Roman Army is on par with our Army in numbers.

Originally posted by Plexus

40, we are even losing that. The Roman Army is on par with our Army in numbers.

And the Japs are close behind them.

Peace will come for us when all of our opponents are consolidated under our control....

we all know which path the mighty Fanatikans must follow...let us not be afraid of that path...

War is the essence of Fanatikan life.

..wars do not make one great. All true great nations have been builders and then warriors, look at Rome, Greece, China, India...a true nation must build firm so it can support all else, including an army. All nations that conquer without the proper infrastructure cannot mantain the lands that have fallen at their feet, look at Alexander.
I see no path what-so-ever in a warlike society.

Ehecatl Atzin

Originally posted by donsig
Have you been hanging around those Aztecs again, Ehecatl Atzin?

Uhhhh....no.. :D historical research! yeah! that's it! :lol:

Ehecatl Atzin

Top Bottom