Wonder Discussion - Heroic Epic

FionnMcCumhall

Emperor
Well we have had a our first Great Leader. YaY. Now the question remains is where do we build the heroic epic to increase our chances for another leader?, and how soon should we build it. i have it in the build queue but i want to see if we want to build it right away or not. This is partly domestic and partly provincal.

I do not feel it is necessary to start building it now. There are more important things we can build and I feel it would be beneficial to wait until it's turn comes up in the queue. :)

I say build it now. We've planned for a long time to have the HE. Let's just do it. It's one of the least expensive to build, so it won't take to long.

I also want it as soon as possible. Witht the resulting new great leader we will get from it, we can easily have many wonders and can concentrate our queues on more important stuff.

I believe that the sooner we build the HE the better. We appear to be planning wars against Japan and America, and it would be foolish to hold off building a wonder that could make these conflicts significantly more profitable. At this level of play Great Leaders are of paramount importance, and their creation (or lack thereof) could well be a deciding factor in whether we rise above the crowd to become a great and glorious empire, end up as a mediocre nation of no particular importance, or even lose the game - for our ultimate survival is as yet far from assured.

Let us build the Heroic Epic to honour our recent victories and help ensure our success in the future! :king:

I'd also like to see it soon, definately BEFORE the next war, if possible.

Well, if we start it now in Bavaria and let Bavaria reclaim the game tile that Morgana is using we can have the Heroic Epic in 20 turns. Morgana's production wouldn't be affected by losing the game tile but its growth will be stopped. With the game tile Bavaria will produce 9s/t and will grow in six turns. Using another forest tile will boost production to 11s/t giving us the 200 shields for HE in 20 turns total. Bavaria'a growth would also be stopped at size 5.

This is not a bad plan as it gives us tweo ten turn turn chats to prepare for our next war. This time will allow us to settle the Landbridge, build our forces and maybe even begin settling the west.

That sounds fine to me. A short stifle in Morgana is worth it to get the HE out earlier. Also, we should soon have harbors available. With a harbor in Morgana they'll be able to grow without that game tile.

Originally posted by donsig
Well, if we start it now in Bavaria and let Bavaria reclaim the game tile that Morgana is using we can have the Heroic Epic in 20 turns. Morgana's production wouldn't be affected by losing the game tile but its growth will be stopped. With the game tile Bavaria will produce 9s/t and will grow in six turns. Using another forest tile will boost production to 11s/t giving us the 200 shields for HE in 20 turns total. Bavaria'a growth would also be stopped at size 5.

This is not a bad plan as it gives us tweo ten turn turn chats to prepare for our next war. This time will allow us to settle the Landbridge, build our forces and maybe even begin settling the west.

Sounds good to me, Donsig :goodjob:

Would bavaria go unhappy at pop 5?

I think that was the reason why we stopped using that tile to prevent it from pop-growth. But i dont know the situation today so we will have to check.

Maybe we could even let it go up until short before growth and then let the citizen use up the food again ? Can we get into a food-shortage status there without loosing production? That way we could switch between surplus and shortage on food without popping it up.

I also agree we need to begin construction immediately in Bavaria.:goodjob:

Originally posted by disorganizer
Would bavaria go unhappy at pop 5?

It is currently size 4 with 2 happy, 1 content and 1 unhappy. Even if #5 is unhappy it should be ok. Please not that my 20 turn estimate is baed on not losing any shields to waste. I think it's a good assumption since Bavaria is our capital, but even one wasted shield per turn would prolong the build time.

Top Bottom