Problems with new patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

alireza1354

Emperor
I have downloaded patch CIV3PTW.114F.exe and now my game won't even start.

It asks me to put the correct CD in the drive!!!

PTW is in the drive, but now I can't even play!

Whats the problem?

Can anyone help me on this one?

hmpf

I am from HOLLAND too

Damn it

Waited al this time for a better playing experience I get this.

What should I do?

Buy Civ3 from Amazon.com or something so I will get a foreign version?

This SUCKS

I bet those greedy Dutch have something to do with this.

What language version of the game are you playing?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 1.14f PTW patch currently is only for the American version of the game. If you have a different version (UK maybe?), the patch may not be compatible.

I would think that that could be your difficulty.

I always install in the english (USA) language..

I dont know if that was an option with civ3 though..

Let me reinstall the game (again) and see if there is such an option.

Thanks

See you

It is a problem with the patch alright. The game does run without it but as soon as I install the patch the "put the CD in the drive" problem surfaces. I am in contact with Infogrames Benelux about it and they promised to check it out. No response yet, though.

By the way, I am ducth too.

That sounds like the problem I had after I installed Civilization III Game of the Year Edition. I could browse the CD, and I could install from the CD, but I couldn't play because the program uses safedisk to check if my CD is original, and safedisk doesn't work with my older 4x CD-drive. If you have an old 4x CD drive, this is likely the problem.

There are two solutions.

1) Go through Firaxis , and find the Safedisk Patch Questionnaire. Submit the loads of diagnostic and personal information they require. Recieve the patch by email after who knows how long, and apply it.

2) Search out another way to defeat the CD check when Civilization III starts. This might be quicker, easier, and might allow you to play your game without putting the CD in the drive.

Sean,

Thank for your response. Solution 1 does not work for us since the patch you talk about will not be delivered outside USA and Canada.
I do not like to use solution 2 but perhaps we are forced to now. I will wait for today and if no other solution is offered I might go for this one. Do you know whether that will not get me into other problems?

I'm from Holland too and I've also got these problems.

I would like to add that the same thing happens when trying to install patch 1.04, so currently the only version playable is the one that comes from the PTW CD directly (1.01), and that doesn't help when the reason you've bought is the multiplayer option.

I still get this problem, and I'm not Dutch, I repeat, I'm NOT DUTCH. And I have a brand new CD drive so that's not it. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled both Civ3 and PTW. I can play, but sometimes it takes about 2 or three tries.

dannyevilcat,

If you are from USA or Canada go for solution 1 suggested by Sean.

I do not expect it to be a dutch problem. I can not imagine they have made special CD's for the Netherlands. It is strange though that I have not yet seen a dutchman without the problem and many of those reporting it are dutch.

I suggest that everyone that has this problem contacts Infogrames. For the benelux write to helpdesk@nl.infogrames.com
It cann't hurt to put some pressure on them.

I'm also from Holland (coincidence?) and tried an illegal image version of PTW, but then I also get the prompt for the cd. I will get the original asap and hopefully Firaxis will release a fix that it will work.

Yeah, no dutchmen yet reporting that it works! But then again: they are all playing right now and have no time to post over here! Also it has just been released.

I am still thinking about buying the game anyway later today, hoping to be the first Dutchmen to report it working! ;) But it feels a kind of stupid... (to buy a game which has known errors) :confused:

Originally posted by Sean Lindstrom
That sounds like the problem I had after I installed Civilization III Game of the Year Edition. I could browse the CD, and I could install from the CD, but I couldn't play because the program uses safedisk to check if my CD is original, and safedisk doesn't work with my older 4x CD-drive. If you have an old 4x CD drive, this is likely the problem.

There are two solutions.

1) Go through Firaxis , and find the Safedisk Patch Questionnaire. Submit the loads of diagnostic and personal information they require. Recieve the patch by email after who knows how long, and apply it.

2) Search out another way to defeat the CD check when Civilization III starts. This might be quicker, easier, and might allow you to play your game without putting the CD in the drive.

As far as I am aware, there is no safedisk patch yet for ptw. the link upabove is for civ3. when i filled out that questionnaire for and referred to ptw, i was ignored. If i am wrong, please feel free to correct me and point me in another direction. I cannot play game and would love to get the message that says insert cd.

OMG if we're at the mercy of Infogrames Benelux we're all doomed!

i say we give them 24 Hours , after that we start rioting , first move should be to burn the headquarters of infogrames benelux down :)

Originally posted by Fëanor
i say we give them 24 Hours , after that we start rioting , first move should be to burn the headquarters of infogrames benelux down :)

No no no. First we destroy the temple, then the barraks, and then the headquaters;)

Originally posted by sealman

As far as I am aware, there is no safedisk patch yet for ptw. the link upabove is for civ3.

Sorry for the false lead. You're right, there is no official "safedisk patch" for any version of PTW.

Cracked versions of game executables are easily available, if you search. These versions do not give you the entire game - you still need to install from an original CD - they just trick the game into thinking an appropriate CD is in the drive. This alone won't get you in trouble. If you give away, sell, or return your original CD, but keep playing the game, you'd be breaking the law. If you download the entire CD from pirates and apply a "No-CD patch", then of course you'd be breaking the law very much.

I doubt the game crackers are quick enough to have made a No-CD replacement to this latest version 1.14f, but I could be wrong...

I never use illegal stuff and I trust this will be solved quickly. I mean, how hard can it be to solve this problem?

At the other hand, I am quite disappointed that no one of Firaxis or Infogrames has, as far as I know, reacted on this yet. You would expect they should know about it by now and started working on it! I paid about 80 dollars and waited for a year to multiplay CIVIII without making much fuss about it. But I still cann't do what was promised. Everyone has its limits and I am close to mine.

The hackers will come soon with a no-cd patch and we all will be happy!

Rather be a hacker than a capitalist.

Originally posted by alireza1354
The hackers will come soon with a no-cd patch and we all will be happy!

Rather be a hacker than a capitalist.

Sure but I WANT infogrames to sent me a patch. They are responsible, let THEM clean up the mess. THIS IS A HUGH MESS they made of it!!!!!

I got the feeling everything went wrong with PTW....

BTW, why am I paying 36,95 euro for one CD (Dutch version) while the Germans pay 29,95 euro for two CD's (German verison has ENG and GER versions)???????????

I bet none of you can explain this to me!

Yo Erikk,

You've been paying to much. I bought it for 26,95 euro at Dynabite.

I've tried it this morning and they ****ed up! patch isn't working.

I'll be sueing them for $ 400.000.000,--, sounds reasonable in the US i guess.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom