New World War II Scenario

BKA

Perfectionist, CIVilized
Hi All,

I am presenting you a WWII scenario on which I have worked since summer last year. The work has been delayed because of a new job in another country, but around february the final touches will be made and hopefully it will be finished around march.
The scenario will start in jan 1939. The powers will be:

Soviet Union
Germany
Britain
Japan
USA
Minor Axis
Minor Allies
Neutrals (Wienna, Prague etc.) (Barbarians)

The world map will be covering Eastern Asia to Eastern Europe excluding the central part of Asia. Greenland and the hole of Norway are presented together with northern Africa and northern Southamerica.
The scenario will use many of the same rules implemented in Kobayashis ZWK scenario, but of cause it will feature completely new events, rules, game txt together with new units (here are quite a few from ZWK because they are perfect), city, terrain graphics.
For now the scenario is about 80 % completed leaving mostly playtesting and balancing to be dealt with together with a polish of a number of minor effects.
I will post screenshots to you with a few more to come and it would be nice if you have any comments, suggestions etc. to say to it. I will be happy for any reply. :)

Here is one:

Please notice that what you see on these screenshots represent work in progres and migh differ from the final scenario.

Now feel free to drop by and have a chat or two.

Best Regards

BKA :viking:

sounds good!:cool: when will it be ready??

Hi All,

Thx for your replies.
Still a lot of work to do Pap, especially with wonders, rules, etc. but note taken into account. I am afraid that quite a few spelling bugs will occur because of my moderate British grammar skills but luckily I have a good friend who will be able to locate most of them before release. :rolleyes:

When I started creating this scenario my priority was that all of the 5 major powers (ie: Soviet,Germany, Uk, Japan, US) should be equally fun to play. This has demanded a lot of balancing but I think it will pay of in the end. My goal is to create a challenging game where there is action every turn.

I am also going to implement a lot of new sound so there will be no sound from the original Civ2(gold) present. I have also altered the dll. files so new cool graphics will occur to whom would like to install them also, see the example below. Finally descripe.txt will also be changed in connection with the units so anyone who would like to get more information can find it in the civiliopedia.

Talking about the units the scenario will also try to balance battles in the air, on land and at sea equally. For instance the submarine system featured in ZWK will be there. All nations will be able to build submarines, but Germany can build there own two types which are cheaper but equally and more powerfull. This is meant to give them a historical tool. All nations will be able to produce and reserach an average of 2-3 different fighters and 1-2 bombers. Germany and Soviet Russia will each could research and produce 4-5 tanks, while the number is less for the rest.

Guess that's all for now. I will return later with more info.
Again please feel free to drop a line or two with suggestions, comments or just to say hello.

Best regards

BKA

I need a little help:

Right now I am (re)working on the rules.txt concerning the different techs involved. Could anybody give me some extra inspiration to what techs could be incorperated in connection with air and armor development? I nearly have it all done but it would be nice to get more to choose from. My scenario will start in 1939 and end in 1946.
Has this been discussed before here on civfanatics?

Best regards

BKA

Could anybody give me some extra inspiration to what techs could be incorperated in connection with air and armor development?

You can simply just look at another ones ww2 scenario and "steal" some ideas from it ;)

Looks good, BKA! :goodjob: Looking forward...

Altid godt med flere danskere... ;)

Originally posted by BKA
I need a little help:

Right now I am (re)working on the rules.txt concerning the different techs involved. Could anybody give me some extra inspiration to what techs could be incorperated in connection with air and armor development? I nearly have it all done but it would be nice to get more to choose from. My scenario will start in 1939 and end in 1946.
Has this been discussed before here on civfanatics?

Best regards

BKA

hard to give tech names without knowing what you have already but here goes (minus all those used in ZWK )

Norden Bombsight
Wasp Radial engine for Allies (as opposed to the BMW version)
Airborne Radar - for german nightfighters
Big road wheels - ala T-34 and Panther.
Infra-red targetting
Anti-magnetic paste
Air mounted cannon (big diameter like 37mm)

Hi All,

I have completed the remaking of the rules.txt concerning the advances (8+4 hours intense work) and I think the result is satisfying. I got a good deal of inspiration from ZWK together with scourging the Net for information. (I just needed 5-6 anyway). So that feels good. :cool: Thx for your replies. Koba I have also been aware of the techs you mention but I guess they are too narrow to be implemented in the scenario. Perfect though for a future "zoomed-ind" scenario like "The end of the Reich" 1943-1945. (Guess that one is already done)

A feature which I have not mentioned is oil. As can be seen on the screenshot above, there is going to be cities on the map with oil towers in their radius. This oil-tower-tiles have been altered to produce a HUGE number of trade (like your Empire of the Rising Sun scenario Insurgent, which also have inspired parts of my scenario), so taking or loosing those cities will affect the trade balance heavily.

As I am working "off-line" here in Estonia from my computer in Denmark, my next project is balancing the units. After that there will be some wonder research closing with continued work on the descripe.txt. With a bit of luck I will be finished to return home at the end of january.

Best Regards

BKA

Real nice to meet a Danish and a Norvegian Guy. Salute.:wavey:

Oh, another screenshot. (took these with me when I left Denmark after my christmas vacation. 2 left.

Originally posted by BKA
Real nice to meet a Danish and a Norvegian Guy. Salute.:wavey:

So now we Swedes aren't good enough? ;)

I like the oild-field idea :) Haven't seen it in a scenario before..

Oil fields were used by Captain Nemo and Alex in the Red Front scenario, also I believe they appear in FinalDays.
Finally, I employed them in the Nippon scenario in Indonesia. I also think they've been used by others... :D :)

So you're in Estonia? How can you be offline and on the same time post here? :confused:

The screenshots look good! :goodjob:

Eivind, siger I "kjekt" (kækt) i stedet for for "godt" i Norge? Det har jeg aldrig hørt før... Live and learn... :D
Okay, det er generelt godt med flere skandinavere...

Originally posted by insurgent
Eivind, siger I "kjekt" (kækt) i stedet for for "godt" i Norge? Det har jeg aldrig hørt før... Live and learn... :D
Okay, det er generelt godt med flere skandinavere...

Litt forvirret...vi har de samme ordene, men de betyr forskjellige ting i ulike sammenhenger :) Vi sier også godt, men det ordet bruker man helst når man skal beskrive hvordan noe smaker. Det smaker enten vondt eller det smaker godt. Vi sier også at det er godt å se noen igjen, men bruker helst kjekt (kækt) ;) Si ifra hvis det er noe mer du lurer på... :)

Top Bottom