Corvette Sailing Warship

Finally!! It seems like such a simple task to eliminate the skull and crossbones from the Civ3 Privateer animation, but it's not!!! (at least for a first time amateur like me :p ). Anyway, here it is, the unashamed modification of the Privateer at the behest of Kal-el who spurred me on.

I'd also like to thank Kryten and Dark Sheer who gave me instruction and encouragement along the whole way. Special thanks is owed to Kryten, who "whipped up" the death flic for me in 15 minutes (makes me sick! ;) ), otherwise it would have taken me MUCH longer and may never have gotten done!

For an animated preview, please visit this thread.

And the file . . .

Corvette.zip

I like it.:goodjob:

I think you have done a good job and I belive you that it was hard work. Also this unit will be a good adition to the game, do you have any recomended stats. Or should I just go with the same as the privateer?

Originally posted by Colonel Kraken
I'd also like to thank Kryten and Dark Sheer who gave me instruction and encouragement along the whole way. Special thanks is owed to Kryten, who "whipped up" the death flic for me in 15 minutes (makes me sick! ;) ), otherwise it would have taken me MUCH longer and may never have gotten done!

Now, at last, I can tell the true.
It, er, really took me an over an hour.....but I thought that it would encourage you more if I said 15 minutes! :lol:
(I could hear you mumbling from here...."if he can do that in a quarter of an hour, then it can't be that hard.....")

What's the next project? :)

Originally posted by Kryten

Now, at last, I can tell the true.
It, er, really took me an over an hour.....but I thought that it would encourage you more if I said 15 minutes! :lol:

You dirty, British scoundral! :lol:

I think I'm going to do a "simple" next project. I'm using the Musketeer as a generic unit, but I don't like the big feather in the hat. So, I'm going to try to take that out.

I may add that second civ colored flag to the Corvette. Depends how much effort it would take.

Beyond that, I'm not sure. But you're right, Kryten, it feels good to be a part of that highly praised unit creation community. :D

You're welcome, Kal-el. How are you using it in the game? When? What stats?

Thanks,

Colonel

Don't forget about that Ship-of-the-Line you started. ;)

As you know I am using this in the DyP which has extensive changes from the original.

having said that, here are the stats for the ships of the Age-of-Sail:
Corvette: 6/4/4 Requires Naval Cannon which requires Magnetism
Sloop-O-War: 5/4/5 Requires Naval Cannon which requires Magnetism
Frigate: 8/6/3 Requires Ship Building which requires Naval Cannon and Clockworks
Ship-of-the-Line: 10/8/3 Requires Naval Tactics which requires Shipbuilding
Man-O-War: 12/10/3 Requires Grand War which requires Naval Tactics (No longer English UU)
Privateer: 5/3/4 Requires Ship Building

Note: All of those Ships Treat All Terrain as Roads

Originally posted by Kal-el
Don't forget about that Ship-of-the-Line you started. ;)

You must have forgotten what is on page one of that thread:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by CivGeneral
I cant wait for this unit to come out. I myself do not like thoes pretruding guns comming out of the Frigate and the Man-o-War.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol: You'll be waiting a long time if it's up to me. I won't be the one to do it. It's up to one of the other talented unit creators. But thanks, though.

Although, with Seph's new tool coming out (depending on it's functions), I may be able to do this unit. Maybe . . . . don't count your chickens.

I know you said that, but then you kept posting previews of further work done on the Ship. I guess I just got my hopes up. Especcialy since you were cutting your teeth on this Corvette of yours. :)

Great job Colonel Kraken :goodjob:. No I cant wait for the Ship-of-the-line :D.

Personally, I would have added the skull and crossbones to every other unit, especially the ICBM and army units, but hey. Looks nice to me, always glad to see more naval thingies.

Amazing. The details are great, the shadow technique is amazing.

Truly one of the best units I have ever seen.

But do you think you could compress the file? Not that I need it, but some people can't download great units like that in five minutes, give it some thought.

No problems other than it being a fairly large unit file, but damn, that's one good unit.

Dont even bother Zulu, take a look around the forums and who has been the last poster on most threads and you'll see what I'm talking about.

On a side note, beautiful unit Colonel Kracken. You've gotten this cut&paste thing down way better than I ever could do. Im sure your age of sail units are appreciated.

Yeah, Sneus seems to be a kid in a candy store :)

Better than the way some other newbies have acted lately. ;)

Top Bottom