New Unit: Patria AMV

utahjazz7

Deity
Well, here's the Patria AMV. This is made for Poland. It could be used as either a mechanized infantry or modern artillery flavor unit. Or, it could be a UU: mechanized infantry with bombard capabilities or artillery with defense and offense. Well, without further delay . . . the Patria AMV! Ah! :D

Download.

Another great job. When you keep cranking out units at that rate, we other creators have to hurry otherwise there would be nothing left for us...;)

Great job!!! Thank you, utahjazz!!

And what will be next??:) Maybe Chinese T98 tank?? Whatever will it be, it will be great!:) Thanks once more.

Attachments

• t98-6.jpg
    t98-6.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 2,723
Originally posted by OmniMower
Great one utah!!! ...to bad it wasnt on the Cv9040 chassi ;) .. :goodjob:

I thought about throwing the AMOS turret on the CV9040 chassis, but I'm an idiot. I accidentally saved over my CV9040 model. :(

Thanks everyone. I think this unit probably runs the best of all my units in-game. I'm quite happy with it. :D

BeBro, there are plenty more units to be made! I can give you a list, if you want more work to do! ;)

Marcus Polonus, I'm glad that you're happy with it. Afterall, I did make it at your request. Hopefully, it will serve Poland well in many CivIII battles. ;)

Thanks for the unit. With this unit, the hussar and the polish mod made by Piernik Poland becomes a full functionel civilization in the game:)

Very cool looking unit, Utah.

Does anyone have any suggestions for stats? I'd like some ideas how to set this one up.

Originally posted by Kingpin
Very cool looking unit, Utah.

Does anyone have any suggestions for stats? I'd like some ideas how to set this one up.

I made some suggetions earlier, but I can't really decide for you. ;) I just made it a mechanized infantry flavor unit with identical stats. But, as my computer is acting up, I can't play CivIII or PTW right now.

Just commenting... In Patria AMV readme file you comment "This is a Polish mechanized infantry or modern artillery unit". Actually it's Finnish/Swedish vehicle, which were chosen for Polish army some time ago. It's mobile mortar, so maybe short bombardment range would fit for unit. Nice anyway.

The vehicle itself (AMV 8x8) is a design by a Finnish corporation Patria.

The AMOS (Advanced MOrtar System) fitted on the chassis is a joint Finnish/Swedish project developed by Patria Hägglunds.

It's used by Poland so I think it's okay to let them have it in CivIII. It was requested by someone to go along with a Polish mod that was being made.

I'm sorry if there are any offended Finns or Swedes. :)

Top Bottom