Hunter

Civ Addict
Image:
Ill make an in game one tonight.

Attachments

• cor copy.jpg
    cor copy.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,845
I like the anims - but it would be nice to have an attack anim with guns firing...

Originally posted by BeBro
I like the anims - but it would be nice to have an attack anim with guns firing...

Ill ad them in tonight then :)

Originally posted by Hunter

Ill ad them in tonight then :)

Excellent! I was about to mention that as well. It looks great! The Corsair is my favorite WWII fighter and was disappointed it didn't come in PTW. :goodjob:

Originally posted by Skullbones

Excellent! I was about to mention that as well. It looks great! The Corsair is my favorite WWII fighter and was disappointed it didn't come in PTW. :goodjob:

The animations are in I never even thought about the attack because when I tested it in game it looked good. of coures that was just a test and after some color work I just plum forgot. o well its in there now. :)

The Corsair the P38 Lightning the Mosquito and the Typhoon are my favorites. Listed in order of love.

The P-40 Curtiss and P51 Mustang are cool to.

Didn't one very similar, if not the same come with PTW???

Edit: F-4F wildcat.....my mistake.
Just very very similar.

Originally posted by Schizo_Angel
Didn't one very similar, if not the same come with PTW???

Edit: F-4F wildcat.....my mistake.
Just very very similar.

LOL no I didnt just post it out of PTW. :)

However the wild cat and the Corsair are not similar air craft the wild cat is strait winged where as the corsair has bent wings. ;) See the diference. :)

Wild Cat:

Weights: Empty, 5785 pounds; Gross, 7975 pounds

Powerplant: One 1,200 horsepower Pratt & Whitney R-1830-86 double-row radial engine.

Armament: Six .50 caliber Browning machine guns; Two 100-pound bombs.

Performance: Maximum Speed, 320 m.p.h. (@ 19,800 feet & weight of 7975 pounds).

Corsair:
Weight: empty: 4100 kg / 9040 lbs; with full load: 6400 kg / 14100 lbs

Engine: Pratt&Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp, 18 cylinders
Power: 2200 hp

Armament: 6x 12.7 mm (.50cal) machine guns in the wings

Performance: Max speed: 635 km/h / 395 mph / 343 knots
Ceiling: 11280 m / 37000 ft

Originally posted by Schizo_Angel
Yes....but what's the difference tactically?

The Wildcat was the standard USN fighter at the beginning of WW2. The Corsair was introduced in 1942/1943, it was generally a better fighter though it had some handling problems early on that limited it's use on carriers. It saw service with the Marines until the problems were fixed, then with the Navy as well.

Very Nice Unit.

A little disconcerting seeing it with that red meatball though. Like a Japanese Corsair.

Originally posted by Nemesis Rex
Very Nice Unit.

A little disconcerting seeing it with that red meatball though. Like a Japanese Corsair.

Very true I had not thought of it that way. :(

However since it also saw service with the English I was going for something generic.

oops.

Originally posted by Kentonio
Mind if I use the Corsair in my WW2 mod Hunter dude?

Kentonio

Sure I made it for my personal WW 2 game so I cant think of a better use than your WW2 mod. When dose it come out?

What new units are there and would you like the cromwell tank I am making?

You wanting it would give me motivation to finaly get off my butt and finish it. :hammer:

Yeah dude, Cromwell would be VERY sweet. Cant list all the new units im afraid as the list runs into the dozens. Mostly tanks and planes so far, we've still got to get the ships done. *shiver* ;)

Kentonio

Top Bottom