Industrial Ship Pack (3 ships)

Hunter

Civ Addict
Come on down to Hunters Sea Vessel Sale MADNESS. Here at Hunters ship yards you not only get one vessel for a great deal, but we will through in two more absolutely free of charge. What you say? How can I do this? Because Im CRAZY, over stocked and they all gotta go.

So here’s how it works:
All three ships are from the Industrial period, one destroyer a cargo ship and a cruiser. Size and appearance, like the Civ ships, are loosely based on real ships of the WW1 – WW2 eras. Vessel sizes are comparable to the standard Civ ships.

1) The destroyer is a flavor unit just to give the game more of a transition and I recommend allowing the Ironclad to upgrade to it. (I hate when the AI has tons of Ironclads when I have destroyers or battle ships) It should be available before the Civ Destroyer so to do this you should do one of two things. One, move the Civ model to the same time as the Battle ship, or better still, into the modern era since it looks like a ship from modern times not the world wars. Two, you could change the name of the Civ Destroyer to Modern destroyer and call this one Destroyer, however that alters all other mods and the regular game, so is not recommended. Currently in the download the unit is called “Tribal Class” after the ships it was modeled after but “Early Destroyer” is a good way to fit it in to the time line. To change the name of the unit simply change the name of the .ini and you are done.

2) The cargo ship is to help make the transition from Galleon to Transport a little smother and should be made available at the same time as Infantry.

3) The Cruiser is a vessel designed to fit between the Ironclad and the Battle Ship so it also should be available at the same time as the Infantry. This along with the Cargo ship make for a great WW1 feel. Remember to give this unit the Rotate Before Attack flag and Ranged Attack (both the cargo and destroyer require ranged attack as well)

Known problem that is not going to be changed (sorry):
Numbers on the side of the vessels are backwards on one side, I forgot to correct this. However in my defense so are the numbers on the Civ standard Destroyer.

Enjoy.

Cruiser
Cargo Ship
Early Destroyer

Pedia and units32 stuff

Images Forground to background:
Cargo ship
Early Destroyer
Cruiser

Attachments

• hunters ships.jpg
    hunters ships.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 5,966
THANKYOU!!!!

I know these will complement Smoking Mirror's Early Dreadnought :).

Good Job Hunter :goodjob:

Great units, my man!

Some shipping shennanigans will surely...uh...ensue?

Great units... Now someone just needs to take these and my tanks and planes and make a decent WW1 scenario

Originally posted by Kinboat
Great units... Now someone just needs to take these and my tanks and planes and make a decent WW1 scenario

That is a good idea, the units are out there to make it. Bi plane's, Tri plane's, howitzer's, MK5's... O MY. If I have time at the end of this month I might work on it.

Originally posted by Civanator
The ship all the way in the backround reminds me more of a Destroyer, and the second ship reminds me of a cruiser. Goob job anyway.

Well I based my designs on the Tribal River and V class destroyers. The Cruiser was modeled after the Uganda a CEYLON class Cruiser.

here is some links you will see what I meen.
All images at bottom of linked sites.

Cruiser image

Destroyer image 1

Destroyer image 2

Umm, I am sorry to say but thoes links are broken. They are just linking me to a 403 Forbidden Error site.

Top Bottom