The Fast PBEM

Matrix

CFC Dinosaur
Retired Moderator
Trying to start a PBEM with many players, and playing on a somewhat reliable speed, I've contacted the best players personally asking them to join them, in order to avoid getting players in who abandon the game after a couple of turns.

So here it is: hopefully the only PBEM with many players (7) with a decent speed. That is: one turn a day.

Players
1. Matrix: Straland (Scandinavia)
2. ERIKK: Persia
3. Melifluous: Spain
4. Col: America
5. Plux: Indian
6. SunTzu: Germany
7. Lt. 'Killer' M.: China

I've already sent the game to ERIKK. :) Let's hope this one stays alive until the end!

To the players: I've asked you all about this some time ago, but because of many personal events I haven't been able (and must confess: didn't took the time) to start this game, until now.

Originally posted by Matrix
Oh. I set it on Monarch. :rolleyes: I also prefer monarch (or regent), but if you insist...
:hmm: I remembered seeing "Emperor" but i was wrong with my gamble...

The latest melifluous trick worked apparently, as we have a content citizen.

Got this game late today sorry was painting my house...

(A tasteful pale cream if you must know...)

Game sent to Col

Melifluous

Nice start pos btw ;)

GPS - I have nice start too. Will post pic later.

Wanna come and paint mine and have you got your broadband sorted yet Meli?

Matrix, can you post the time-frames in which we are supposed to play (if any)? And I don't have Sun Tzu's mail and not much time, so I'll post the save here.. If someone can mail it to him, that'd be great..

Save

Ok, just a suggestion:

Matrix: 16:00-17:30
ERIKK: 17:30-19:00
Melifluous: 19:00-20:30
Col: 20:30-22:00
Plux: 22:00-01:00
SunTzu: 01:00-07:00 :rolleyes:
Lt. 'Killer' M.: 07:00-16:00 :rolleyes:

All times are in GMT.

Matrix: sent, I can play best all day anyways, so early morning sounds good. if it runs like turn one I will play around 20:00 GMT to 23:00 GMT......... a turn a day is workable here!

I think we should play early in the evening at latest since we're the first ones after SunTzu. Perhaps when we're a little used to the timing, we can put the other Europeans more together, so that we can play later. ;) But I'll always prefer playing just before dinner time (before 17:00 GMT).

Guess what: SunTzu just played his first turn of PBEM. :D And ERIKK was heavily surprised he got the savegame now already. ;)

I think we have a success this time!

well, if SunTzu plays in the moring (for him), we end up with turns around now (20:30 it was for me), so no chance on early in the evening... this also means if all other paly, early in the evening it works out to 1 per day.....

20:30 for you is 3:30 for SunTzu. :rolleyes: If SunTzu plays his turn in the morning, you are asleep. (Or else should be. ;))

I think you calculate the other way around. But if you tighten my schedule a bit (I've given everyone at least 1,5 hour to play :rolleyes: ), everyone can play in the evening. And I think that can be well achieved. ;)

FYI: I realize now that I didn't use any workaround, so I hope I didn't set back the difficulty to chieftain. :blush:

And I'll be moving into a new appartment this weekend, which has no internet yet, so I'll be playing the game at university or something like that. Must have ISP asap...

:wallbash: I calculated the other way around!! :wallbash:

But only in my first sentense! My schedule is still correct! :p SunTzu played his turn late, according to the schedule. He should have played the game yesterday evening. :rolleyes:

But it seems to go for good the way it goes now. If you receive the game around 20:00, we Europeans have less time, but...mwoah... ;)

Top Bottom