QSC Template

RufRydyr

QSC Map Maker
To save a little typing I made a Quick Start Challenge template for Game of the Month games. It's just the years up to 1000BC, turn number, and number of turns left. Hope it saves you a little time and effort!

I really like the idea of a standard format for QSC submissions. I think that what you have done is great. I hope you don't mind but I have made a few suggestions that are included in the attached file.

I think it would be a good idea to include a key to list standard abbreviations that would help reduce the acreage of the spreadsheet.

If you think what I have done is rubbish I won't be offended :)

If you do think that what I have suggested has any value and you would like to discuss it feel free to PM me.

I've tidied it up and added a key.

Attachments

• qsc suggestion 2.zip
    45.4 KB · Views: 231
mad-bax
I used suggustion2 for QSC19. It was great. As I was closing it after finishing I noticed the tabs at the bottom. I restarted Excel to look. You did an awesome job on the legend, too! Too bad the Power TimeLine will make it obsolete... Spiderlord will probably incorporate some of your ideas, though.

I don't think anyone can wait for Spiderlords work to be published.

Thanks for your comments, and for having the idea in the first place. :goodjob:

Originally posted by mad-bax
I don't think anyone can wait for Spiderlords work to be published.

Now that's a certainty! However the work the 2 of you did is also very much appreciated (well at least by me, as I am using your work to make my timelines for the QSC)...

I will certainly use this for my next QSC. This will force me to be more detailed and not to forget my moves
Maybe Cracker could put this as a guideline for QSC submission.

Having a bit of time to kill I was snooping aimlessly around in the forum and stumbled upon you little tool. It looks great and I will try it next GOTM. Unfortunately I have just today submitted GOTM 24. Would have been cool to try it straight away. But next month I shall give it a go for sure. :goodjob:

Top Bottom