Sign peace with Persia?

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Why am I suggesting this? For a number of reasons:

1 - Persia is no longer a great threat. That was the oringal intent.

2 - If other nations are at war, they'll only grow, as Persia is lacking vital resources.

3 - No one is trading with Persia, so that presents a massive trade opputunity to increase our income.

4 - Our gpt income just went under around turn 9, and we were forced to adjust science research back. The extra gold will get us techs quicker. That means the world economy is dropping. Greece no longer has as much to give us. Probably because Greece is communist now. On the other hand, France is gaining more gold.

5 - Persia lacks horses, rubber (they already have a huge amount infantry units anyway), iron (their only source was depleted), saltpeter, Wines, Dyes, Spices, Ivory, Gems. They have oil, so it will be possible for them to build tanks when the time comes.

6 - Using peace renegotiation, there's also a few somewhat outdated techs that they don't have. Atomic Theory and Combustion.

We give give all of this to the Persians in one deal for the next 20 turns.

If I did that, you'd have to PI me. :p

Making peace with the Persians would be a very good deal. If we wish to win domination in a reasonably short time, we need to engage the primary obstacles to that domination, which means Greece, France, and China. Everyone else can sit and watch us win.

And, as we conquer each civ, Greece's cash flow diminishes, as does ours.

Here's a little tech assessment:

England - doesn't have:

Medicine, Communism, Industrialization, Electricity

France - doesn't have:

Motorized Transportation (most likely researching this now)

Russia - doesn't have:

Communism, Electricity, The Corporation

Persia - doesn't have:

Atomic Theory, Combustion

Greece - doesn't have:

Motorized Transport

China - doesn't have:

Steel, Atomic Theory

I support this intiative.

Then we need to strike at France and Greece before they can build up their armor reserves. We need to bind England to us by treaty and ROP so we can build up and use their rail net. With Persia neutral, our flank is relatively secure and we can concentrate on striking at French and Greek strategic resources.

umm, what rail net? England still has roads. :) Remember though, Greece and France probably have the bulk of their army to our north. It could be a good GL factory, though. (or Army factory).

With the Persian peace treaty, The Great Domino War will come to an end. Oh, and I should say that Greece and China signed an MPP with eachother.

umm, what rail net? England still has roads.

If we have an ROP we could build the railroads for them.

Remember though, Greece and France probably have the bulk of their army to our north.

All the more reason to strike at them from the south. Our first priority in a war of strategic conquest is their strategic resources, with their field armies to follow.

It could be a good GL factory, though. (or Army factory).

We seem to need another debate about using armies. Every suggestion that we actually put units in the armies we have has met with opposition from various citizens. Including my suggestion that we fill them up with panzers!

I don't see any real need to make peace with them unless they actually offer something for the peace treaty.

We can't even trade without accepting peace. Our cash reserves are dropping! We're losing 150+gpt at 100% research, and it took us 10 turns instead of 8 at 80% research. We NEED a source of income. The only tech we can trade to Greece is Motorized Transport. Even that is only 100gpt max.

Originally posted by Shaitan
I have to seriously doubt that Persia has any income to give us in return for anything we would sell them. Don't count on income from Persia.

In a peace renegotiation, they have over 300 gold. I'm sure they're making quite a bit of gold now that they aren't at war. They're desperate for resources. I also ask, is there any point for us to even STILL be at war? That will only invite them to ally other nations against us, since everyone is at peace.

Our income is dropping like flies! techs aren't worth much anymore to Greece, most likely because Greece is communist. I really think we should give Persia a chance. They seem to have a good rail network, and large cities. What do we have to lose if we sign a peace treaty? Persia has no offensive units. Greece and France have Infantry, with tanks on the way. It would be suicide for Persia to even attack.

Yes, our best strategic situation on the eastern side of the continent would be to have England and Persia on our side versus the French and Greeks, in sequence if we can manage it, together if not. Then we can hit then from any angle and go for the jugular at once.

Hey, have we ever held a grudge against him?

Well, probably, but we would never let it get in the way of making a buck or two.

Good thing we have a talented foreign office.

Top Bottom