NEW UNIT: Ogre

embryodead

Caliph
Heavy infantry for evil tribes in fantasy mods. I'm designing units for my mod loosely based on Warhammer Battle/RP - this is the first one (next will be probably chaos warrior and beastmen).

Included are:
- 8 animations + INI
- civilopedia icons
- units_32 icon

UPDATE! New version 1.1
- higher contrast to match other civ3 units
- faster Run animation (was too slow in game)
- added Fidget entry to INI file (forgot last time)

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/ogre11.zip

Attachments

• ogre_preview.gif
    ogre_preview.gif
    35.4 KB · Views: 2,843
LOL it is second time i'm accused of making my first unit and the second time Yoda is here to save me :)

Use this unit wherever u want. I suggest making him a bit smaller though (with SBB), if u are going to use it in real world mod.

LOL it is second time i'm accused of making my first unit and the second time Yoda is here to save me
:rolleyes:

If resized, I would use him as a clubman for the anciant age(which i guess LBPB is going to do).

ME will crush you! Crush you to Goo!

Ogre- Baldurs Gate :D

Cool... what 3-d program are you using BTW?

Originally posted by Neomega
ME will crush you! Crush you to Goo!

Ogre- Baldurs Gate :D

yeah i remember that one :)

Cool... what 3-d program are you using BTW?

poser 4. i wrote a while ago that i felt in love with it, not only for civ3 units. i will try to make 1 or 2 more boats in rhino2 but probably to export them to poser and animate there.

Originally posted by embryodead

poser 4. i wrote a while ago that i felt in love with it, not only for civ3 units. i will try to make 1 or 2 more boats in rhino2 but probably to export them to poser and animate there.

Can you explain what kind of advantage poser would give on a rhino model ? As rhino doesn't have an animation module or plug-in, I couldn't find a way to animate my models in a different way than frame by frame.
So, have you something better here ?

Originally posted by Boulboulgadol

Can you explain what kind of advantage poser would give on a rhino model ? As rhino doesn't have an animation module or plug-in, I couldn't find a way to animate my models in a different way than frame by frame.
So, have you something better here ?

Poser is completly animation-oriented. I haven't tried this yet, but i know you can import a model and then it's just 2 clicks per direction + filenames are numbered, ready to use in Civ3_SBB.

Originally posted by Neomega
Poser4 isn't shareware is it?

nope

I compared him to other units in-game and it turned out he has too low contrast, no link to fidget anim and walks too slow. Fixed that - go to first post and download new version pls :)

Hey this one slipped under my radar... Didn't notice it at first. Love the tree trunk :) Good Job. But two heads are better than one...

Top Bottom