embryodead

Caliph
wolf rider preview

Attachments

• wprev1.gif
    wprev1.gif
    11 KB · Views: 4,146
:eek: Wowho!!! the greenskins Are comming!!!! :goodjob:
Had you thought about doing Wolf/Warg chariots? Here an example...

Attachments

• goblin_chariot_b.gif
    goblin_chariot_b.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 3,571
And another Chariot....

Attachments

• orc_boar_chariot_b.gif
    orc_boar_chariot_b.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 3,533
Klyde182, I know all of these, I played WH Battle, that's why I do WH mod :) I wanted chariots in my game, mainly for chaos, but the problem is the chariot itself. I would have to make articulate (at least the wheels) chariot prop/figure for poser and it's far beyond my abilities now.

black_rose, AFAIR sebsage did a lone wolf unit some time ago. dunno if it really works though...

Hey Embryo I also play the greenskins, can't argue when the Whaaag comes a calling HeH. but seriously do you think you could cut-n-past wolfs' in a chariot? If not, contact Kryten maybe he could do it for you by taking your mounts and riders & cut-n-past them....like he did
with andrew510's Turkish cav unit.....:cool:

Kryten will have time for this, when his "to do list" is empty, i e after the Heat Death of the Universe. Don't count on it guys. Klyde182, if you want them, make 'em yourself. :) I'm learning now that cut n paste isn't that hard to do, but it takes time!

Great units... If you want I could make up a chariot and send it along. I've been struggling with making animations and could use a little modeling break.

Originally posted by Kinboat
Great units... If you want I could make up a chariot and send it along. I've been struggling with making animations and could use a little modeling break.

You are great :) I got an idea how to do it without making complex prop (by making 2 separate props - chariot and wheels), but if you want that break, then I am more than happy to co-operate :)
A chariot in WH style, like on Klyde's pictures would be best. I would like to add skulls etc. later in poser.

Originally posted by aaglo
Heh... cool.

BTW, I thought that Varg is Wolf in Swedish. So I would like to know, what is Warg?

It's a big, evil wolf (badly represented by some sort of beast in the LotR movie) used as steed by orcs in many books, games etc, beginning from Tolkien's.
As far as I know, no name in Tolkien is random - he based everything on european myths and legends - that includes language influence. You can find many similiarites like this (usually to old english) - cities, characters, artifacts etc.

Originally posted by aaglo
Heh... cool.

BTW, I thought that Varg is Wolf in Swedish. So I would like to know, what is Warg?

The same thing as a Volf ;) Tolkien used the same technique as the heavy metal bands; if you can't spell it, it's cooler.:D Anyone remember Mötley Crüe?

Top Bottom