New unit: Generic 1930s fighterplane.

Smoking mirror

Ships Captain
Heres the first of my Generic industrial/modern planes, A 1930s fighterplane; Generic fighter

I've included both brown & green versions, and a Machinegun straffing bombardment (to replace the normal bomb attack used by planes on a bombing attack).

And heres a image that could be used to make a civlopedia Icon;

Attachments

• civlopedfighter.gif
    civlopedfighter.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,958
Heres a preview of the animations, the plane is attacking at a slight angle, but has a level bombing attack should you want to make a bomb attack.

Attachments

• ratafast.gif
    ratafast.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 2,014
And here is the strafe attack, Its a multi figure animation, so I could adjust it slightly if people think its too big or if any one wants a combined machinegun and bomb attack.

Attachments

• heavystrafe.gif
    heavystrafe.gif
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,884
Just a little question: should I use brownattack.flc or browndefault.flc as run animation? which do you suggest?

Any got suggestion on which sound to use for the strafe?

i like this one. everyone can use it that didnt use any of the planes previously made. great job on making it generic!

Looks good Smoking Mirror :). The Machine Gun grund attack, could that be used for any Prop-Driven Unit and Korean War Era Fighters> :).

Love the strafe. It looks great.

Love the strafe. It looks great.

Oh yeah, if you want to give it a traditional bombing attack here are standard RUN animations in both colours.

Iforgot to put them in the original Zip file. Next will be the Jet bomber.

Attachments

• running.zip
    28.4 KB · Views: 187
Awesome. I really like the death anim as well as the straffing run. Why has no-one thought of that before? Looks great.

Smoking Mirror,

Any chance you could post the single strafe flic? It would be good for units with a single nose-mounted gun.

Kentonio Pm'ed me earlier on saying that the Storm over europe scenario is nearly ready and that if finishe dby tommorow can be included with Civ III conquests (on the special pre-order disk).

Any way I had two generic WWII units nearly finished so I decided to put in a special effort to get them finished tonight, just in case anyone wanted them for their scenarios.

The first Unit Is a upgrade of the above Fighter plane, It looks a bit like the british Hurricane, but could be used for any country as an advanced piston engine fighter plane.

Fighter

The second Unit is a generic Twin engine bomber, its based on many designs incorporated bits and peices from the french, germans, british and italians. It would be exelent as a starting bomber, most probably dirctly converted from a civilian transport plane.

Bomber

Ive not included sounds, but I hav included custom bombard attacks. The fighter has a double machinegun bombard and the bomber a small bomb explosion.

Heres a preview of the bomber being blown up;

Attachments

• southeast.gif
    southeast.gif
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,065
Top Bottom