• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Should we build any embasies?

Stuck_as_a_Mac

Aptenodytes forsteri
Even though I have a feeling we will not be building any, its worth a shot to ask. Should we build any embasies?
Embasy costs:
Aztec: 51
America: 83
Greece:60
Egypt: 43

A reminder, America has Collosus and we are equal with everyone, higher then, even.

Just a discussion which will most likely die down

Embassies do have a maintenance effect on foreign relations. As such, an embassy with Cleo would help us to stay high in her good graces while we solidify our territory, plan an assault on her, or whatever else is needed to satisfy our goals. It also gives us a peek into her capital.

That said, I don't think that this is the time to build embassies. We need to jelously protect our treasury in order to upgrade our warriors to legions.

I think that Stuck is doing the right thing by bringing this up for discussion, no matter whether it's a good idea to actually build the embassies now. :goodjob:

The foreign relations maintenance aspect is a good point. It would also be helpful to be able to do military alliances in the future. The big events that should push us toward embassies are having war declared on us by someone else, or hearing that someone else is building the wonder we're working on, in hopes that the free capitol view might show their progress on the wonder. I have used this to switch to another wonder if obviously too far behind, or do crash improvements and MM to get the wonder done faster than the opponent. If necessary run a food deficit to get shields and join workers to keep the population up.

I would say that it would be a good idea to have embassys at america and egypt..

No Gold for Diplomacy!
GOLD FOR LEGIONS!!!!!

Seriously, I think we should wait on embassies for now, get embassies in there once our military is upgraded enough.

When we are about ready to start our first war -- still some time off, it looks like -- we may want to open an embassy or two and form some agreements as insurance against alliances being formed against us.

Doesn't seem to be an immediate need, and probably won't be until the unrestrained-expansion phase ends and some borders start to touch.

Yes, Embassies for MA's for future wars would be good. But, there's no need yet

Greece yes, Aztecs, maybe an embasy but no MA just yet

Ah, yes I was thinking the same. Let's esablish an embassy with Greece. I wouldn't sign an MA just yet but it should stay on the forefront of our mind.

Top Bottom