Blitzkrieg - Awakening the Giant!

Eivind IV

Emperor
B L I T Z K R I E G

Blitzkrieg

Hello everybody!
As you can see above above, this is the scenario which I'm currently working on - 'Blitzkrieg - Awakening the Giant'. It begins in June 1941 ( when ww2 really became ww2 :D ) with the invasion of Mother Russia. It's the same project, just with a different name, as the 'Axis & Allies' I've previously posted. That project was to abisious, so I thought it would be on its place to create a new thread :)

It's ment to be a multiplayer scenario suitable for PBEM-ing. The scenario is still very undone, but I have a good draft that I'm posting here. It's not a very revolutionising scenario, it's merely a scenario made to, hopefully, amuse the players :) . It's gigamap and the civs are, in playing order:

Imperial Japan
Axis
Neutrals
USA
British Commonwealth
Nationalist China
Soviet Union

+ Sinkiang (Neutral China) (Barbaric civ)

I've spent over 6 moths up to now in more or less silence, so it's funny to finally show my work to someone else. I've made most of the graphics myself and that can take quite some time!! If you guys could be so kind to open the sav-game and give me some feedback, that would be extremely useful. Feel free to comment on anything: graphics, unit balanceing, city placements...Anything! Please give me the last push over the finishing line :)

Thanks for taking the time!

Kobra (aka Eivind IV at CivFan)

THE FILE: BLITZKRIEG.ZIP
THE FILE: BLITZKRIEG.ZIP

I like it! :)

One thing though, the Japanese are able to make German Ingenuity.

Also, I suggest you give Womens Suffrage to England or rename it to something else. Maybe Rosie the Riveter would be nice?

Thanks Ohwell! :D

I am fully aware of the German Ingenuity thing, but thanks still :goodjob:

I've also opened a nearly identical thread of this scenario over at poly ( h e r e ), where some minor errors already has been found.

Japan no longer owns Guam (I was sure it was American last time I checked :confused: ). But anyway, that one is fixed.

Also, Sinkiang owned Tibet. They have now lost Tibet and have shrinkned alittle bit :cool:

Keep 'em coming, guys! Everything is truly helpfull! I certainly would apreciate it! :love:

Is this alpha or beta? Are you going to adjust the shields, name the terrains and such later at the last minute and concentrate on the core things now?

BTW I love the rivers :D

I'll be scanning for more slip ups :scan: ;)

You wrote Netutrals on your map instead of just plain Neutrals.

Thanks for responding, guys!

I have adjusted several small things as they have come up, like the shields and now also the 'Netutrals' ;)

Thank you very much!

Can anybody say anything about unit balancing?

first impressions. I've played abit as China. The red color is abit destracting, either my system settings or your scenario.

The terrain and cities and units are really well made!

For those interested, here is the latest update. Some minor and some more or less major changes.

* The 'awful' red screen is removed in favour of a soothing light blue one ;)
* Germany starts with some more panzers and bombers.
* German Capitol Ship in Tripoli moved to Taranto.
* Removed one Russian fighter in Odessa.
* Derby razed, Johannesburg created.
* Therefor, the Wellington formerly in Derby now moved to Darwin.
* Port Moresby moved to 238, 142.
* Renamed Melbourne to Adelaide
* Railway from Adelaide to Darwin created
* Brasilia removed. Cuiabá created instead
* Peking renamed to Beijing
* Mexico City renamed to México D.F.
* Citizen in some cities from all civs have been given more luxeries.
* German ingenuity removed completely
* Russia given one Capitol Ship in Arckangelsk + one sub + one landing craft
* Murmansk now has a sub
* Lhasa is now Neutral
* Unit shields are on place

All in all I have made several small changes, but I don't think any of you care, so I will spare you of the rest :p

And once again, thanks everyone for responding and beeing so kind. Please continue to do so, I could need all the help I could get. :)

Click here to download Blitzkrieg v1.02

Hi there!

If someone could be so kind to take the title.gif on top of this thread, and convert it into a workable title.gif 87 non interlaced. For some reason it won't work on my comp :(

As soon as that is done, my scenario is do' diddely done and ready for playtest! :)

BTW: Many minor and minor changes has been made to the scenario.

Thanks! Hope you all are having a nice summer, I certainly am :cool:

I tried to change the link you posted from zip to gif ( http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/eivTITLE.gif ), asuming you just wrote it in wrong. It was succeful, but when I try to load my scenario with the attached file, I takes like an hour and when civ finally manages to load the image up it looks very wierd. The colours are all screwed up. It's the same thing that happens when I try to do save the gif file my self.... :(

I have made so many changes to the scenario now, that I don't remember them all.

Many changes visable to the eye, and many not. I don't bother listing it all here, since I don't think any of you would care for such :p If you do, i'd be happy to tell you ;)

Anyways, now sounds are ready and the scenario is ready. I will open a playtest thread and see were everything goes from there :)

The new map:
Can you see any changes? ;)

And the files:

Main files

Sounds 1

Sounds 2

Sounds 3

Hope you will join the Playtest PBEM game I will open on the PBEM thread. Please join! :)

The thread can be found H E R E (CivFanatics)

or H E R E (Apolyton)

I'm sorry but don't forget that Abyssinia belonged to the Italians during World War II ;)

Top Bottom