Russian Black Eagle MBT

ripptide

Lost in the wastelands
the anims

Attachments

• black eagle.gif
    black eagle.gif
    77.3 KB · Views: 3,382
thx Yoda :) and yes, it is big. Depending on the design version, it has anywhere from a 125mm all the way up to a (I believe) 152mm main gun. It's a monster

Wow, that tank is stunning. Thanks a lot. I've never heard of it. Do they use that tank now or is the T-90 their main tank now? Time for a little google search...

Hmmm, it's interesting that Russia is building an export tank with better armor than their own fielded tanks.

Here we go:

According to the information I have, this tank is being developed in cooperation with and for export to S.Korea and may even feature Korean thermal imagers. It will not be fielded with the Russian Army and seems to be entirely an initiative of Omsk Plant. It originates from the now-closed Nikolai Popov's design bureau at Leningrad Kirov Plant (LKZ) and is now developed by Alexander Morozov.

The tank is built on a T-80U chassis and will borrow most of its components including FCS from T-80U.

The most significant difference between the new tank and T-80 is the completely redesigned turret (at Omsk'97 a full-sized mock-up was presented) and the lengthened hull with 7 roadwheels per side.

The new turret will have a larger degree of protection than the current Russian MBTs. The steep slope of forward armor plates on the turret reflects designers' desire to maximize protection from APFSDS rounds in a duel situation, when tanks fight "face to face".

For additional protection, the tank is fitted with Kaktus ERA and the new Drozd-2 APS.

It was originally planned to install a 152 mm gun that is being developed for a future Russian MBT. However, since this tank is not going to be fielded with the Russian Army, it carries a 125 mm 2A46M-series gun.

you know I was just reading about this tank on my while I was on vacation. Very glad you made it. :goodjob:

Looks great (other than a slightly larger than normal size which isn't a major issue with me) :)

RiPP it looks great :goodjob:
Thanks for building this tank...I didn't know if anybody was interested in build this baby.....:cool:
BTW the norminclature for this tank is the T-95 according to janes.......

Can you build a future Russian MBT, it would be like this but with a longer gun.

Top Bottom