New Unit(s): Arthurian Knights

Kindred72

Vampire
I was asked to make a helmeted version and a non-helmeted version. so, they are basically the same unit, same animations, just one has a helmet and the other doesn't.

download here

Attachments

• arthurianpreview.gif
    arthurianpreview.gif
    18 KB · Views: 4,135
Kindred72, great unit. However, the proportions - whilst correct in real-life- don't seem to translate well to civ-scale. I think what's needed is some features to be exaggerated, e.g. make the head of the knight bigger, the horse smaller, the sword bigger, etc. What's your opinion on this?

:D looks great there kindred......do you think you could do a variant to this unit?
Like a Elf Knight? :cool:

Attachments

• hetyrion_c.jpg
    hetyrion_c.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 3,035
Absolutely amazing :eek: ! For someone who wants to add them to their mod, yet doesn’t want to stick with the ‘Arthurian Knight’ and Valiant Knight’ titles, I would suggest making one upgrade to another. Perhaps ‘Knight’ and ‘Armored Knight’ and the Civ3 Knight could be the 'Heavy Knight'?
This unit is awesome, and many people will put it to great use. :goodjob:

looken good dawg :goodjob:

We now have a Cavalry line that looks like this:
Horseman (original unit) >
Cataphract (Kinboat’s Cataphract) >
Heavy Horseman (Kinboat’s Norman Knight) >
Knight (Kindred’s Valiant Knight) >
Cavalier (original Knight unit – though I would like to get a little nicer one with a lance like this AoK unit, but not an AoK unit ;) ) >
Cuirassier (Either by Smoking Mirror or from the Cossacks Collection) >
Hussar (From the Cossacks Collection >
Dragoon (original Cavalry unit) >
Cavalry (Nemesis Rex’s Civil War Cavalry conversion of Dark Sheer’s Bandit)

Great looking unit, Kindred. I'm glad you decided to make two versions. Most people don't seem to want to make more than one version (understandibly).:thumbsup:

does this type of knight was used specifically on some nations only? and wich ones?

and also, around wich era did they existed?

Top Bottom