JNESIV: Some Things Should Never Die

This game is totally based off of UKNESIV: Global Destiny, and I take no credit for it. Full credit should go to UKNemesis.

If UKnemesis disagrees with me running this game, then I will fully close this nes. Though I don't think he will care much :)

This is a complete copy of the rules of UKNESIV. Again, I take no credit for it.

Here is a link to the map sections which you can use for getting the names of countries. I will be using a smaller map to show political changes (invading of nations mostly), and it will be updated once a week most likely:

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/docs/refmaps.html

Btw, that is not my map or site.

Right, now we get to the good bits.

Combat will be moderated by me, since I'm not playing. It's not going to be the random roll the dice rubbish, I'm going to actually work out the combat(don't worry, I'm not going to be defence biased, or offence biased, I will just do an honest job of it).

[You can only invade once per turn. You cant fight two battles.]

Neutral nations WILL have their own armies, which I will work out when you attack them(I'm not going to bother keeping track of all those armies, but I will work out how many troops they have based on how many turns they've been alive and how much they are worth, just like you do).

Land units can move ONE country per turn. A turn is one day. For each turn, you get the number of credits(see above) for each nation, plus 3 credits extra per factory you have.

Sea units can move ONE ocean per turn, and air units can move TWO countries per turn, or ONE ocean per turn(must move from a country, through an ocean straight to another country, can't stay over the ocean without an aircraft carrier).

That means a land unit can move to a neighbouring country in one turn, a sea unit can move to a neighbouring ocean in one turn, and an air unit can move two countries in one turn, or cross the ocean straight to another country in one turn.

Once you have picked a nation, YOU MUST OPEN A NEW THREAD, WITH THE TITLE BEING THE NAME OF THAT NATION.

In this thread you must post your income, your buys each turn(basically update it every turn) and your units and buildings and their locations and orders.

See this [this page for UKNESIV nations. Especially see Britain's and Dexter's, they were very good)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forum...r=&sortfield=lastpost&perpage=45&pagenumber=6

[It's best for the look and feel of the game to post the maps and flags like shown in all those threads. Go here for a good site to get those maps and flags: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/]

You must post your regular orders and your attack orders here, and I will post the result as soon as I can. Taking time to do tactics and plans make your results usually a lot better.

You begin with the amount of credits that your country is worth.

Here is the units and buildings list(cost is in brackets):

EACH NATION HAS A UNIQUE UNIT, WHICH REPLACES ONE OF THESE. WHEN YOU SAY WHAT NATION YOU ARE, I WILL TELL YOU YOUR UNIQUE UNIT.

Infantry Division(3 credits)
Good in defence, poor in attack. The basic infantry unit, with trucks and support units.

Mechanised Infantry Division(5 credits)
Excellent in defence, okay in attack. Better infantry unit, equipped with armoured personnel carriers. Include support units.

Armoured Division(7 credits)
Excellent in attack, poor in defence. The basic tank unit, with support units.

Artillery Division(3 credits)
Poor in defence and attack, but can bombard neighbouring nations(including when you're attacking them), and defend against air attacks. Includes support units.

Special Forces Division(10 credits)
Good in attack and defence, can attack factories in secret missions(must be PMed to me), with a risk of being caught(nationality only revealed if caught). Includes support units.

Fighter Squadron(7 credits)
Your basic fighter squadron, including support units. Excellent in defence, okay in attack. Examples include the F-22 and the F-15.

Close Air Support Squadron(5 credits)
Provides air support to your land forces, and includes support units. Poor in defence, but good in attack. Excellent against land units. Examples include the F-16 and the A-10.

Naval Air Wing(10 credits)
Can be based on aircraft carriers or land. The only unit able to be based on aircraft carriers(the other air units must cross the ocean straight away, and can't land on carriers). Good in defence and attack. Examples include the Harrier and the F-14. Comes with support units.

Gunship Squadron(5 credits)
Your basic attack helicopter unit, supports land units or attacks targets. Okay in defence and attack. Comes with support units. Examples include the Apache, the Comanche and the Hind.

Bomber Squadron(12 credits)
Your basic bomber squadron, comes with support units. Can carry 1 tactical nuke. Good in attack on ground and sea targets, poor against aircraft and defending. Can bombard. The main example is the B-52.

Stealth Bomber Squadron(15 credits)
Can only be hit by air units. Excellent against ground targets, poor against sea and air targets. Also poor in defending. Includes support units. Examples include the F-117 and the B-2. Can carry 1 tactical nuke.

Stealth Fighter Squadron(10 credits)
Is a true stealth fighter, unlike the F-117. Can only be hit by air units, and includes support units. Good in attack, excellent in defence. The best example is the F-19.

Aeroplane Transport Squadron(7 credits)
Can transport 3 divisions, and then move them using the air units movement rules. Transporting is the only way land units can move across the ocean. Poor in attack and defence. Includes support units.

Transport Fleet(10 credits)
Can carry 5 divisions. Poor in attack and defence. Includes support units.

Helicopter Transport Squadron(5 credits)
Can transport 1 division, moving the same as the aeroplane transport squadron. Poor in attack and defence. Includes support units, and the best example is the Chinook.

Aircraft Carrier(25 credits)
Can be used a base by naval aircraft wings. Is empty to begin with. It can carry three naval aircraft wings. Poor in attack, good in defence.

Aegis Cruiser(15 credits)
Can shoot down incoming missiles that may hit the fleet. Okay in attack, good in defence. Excellent against air units.

Destroyer(12 credits)
Good in attack, okay in defence, good against air units. Carries Tomahawk cruise missiles and Harpoons.

Frigate(10 credits)
Poor in attack, good in defence, excellent against submarine units.

Corvette(5 credits)
Okay against all units.

Missile submarine(10 credits)
Can carry 2 tactical nukes(must be bought) and Tomahawk cruise missiles. Poor in defence and attack.

Attack submarine(5 credits)
Carries torpedoes and Harpoon anti-ship missiles. Good in attack and defence.

Nuclear submarine(15 credits)
Can carry 1 tactical nuke(must be bought), Tomahawk cruise missiles, Harpoon anti-ship missiles and torpedoes. Good in attack, excellent in defence.

ICBM bunker(50 credits)
Can hold and fire up to four ICBMs at a time(must be bought).

Anti-missile system(25 credits)
Has a good chance of shooting down incoming ICBMs and tactical nukes in the province it is built.

Factory(Your income per turn + 3 credits)
Factories cost what you make per turn(doesn't include banked money) and increase your income by 3 credits. You may have more than one per country.

Tactical nuke(10 credits)
Can only be moved on units which can carry it. Can only hit countries next to the ocean that the submarine is in, or the one that the bomber drops it in. See below for details of what nukes do.

ICBM(25 credits)
Can hit any country in the world. Must be in an ICBM bunker. See below for nuke rules.

Nuclear missiles
Nuclear missiles, if they hit successfully, destroy all factories in the country they hit, and reduce its income by 1 to 3 credits(for a tactical nuke) and 1 to 5 credits for an ICBM. You may also aim nukes at armies, fleets or air bases, in the hope of destroying enemy forces. The amount of damage done depends on many factors.

Right, here is the list of nations, in order of how many credits they are worth to begin with(you may choose any to rule, but I suggest only taking those in the 5 credit section, or the 4 credit section at the least):

American Samoa
Andorra
Anguilla
Antigua & Barbuda
Ashmore and Cartier
Aruba
Baker Island
Barbados - PLEXUS
Bassas da India
Bermuda
Bhutan
Bouvet Island
British Indian Ocean Territory
British Virgin Islands
Burundi
Canary Islands
Cape Verde
Cayman Islands
Christmas Island-ANNEXED BY AUSTRALIA
Clipperton Island
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Coral Sea Islands-ANNEXED BY AUSTRALIA
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
French Guiana-ANNEXED BY BRAZIL
French Polynesia
French Southern and Artic Lands
Gibraltar
Glorioso Islands
Greenland
Guernsey
Hawaiin Islands-ANNEXED BY UNITED STATES
Heard Island & McDonald Islands
Holy See (Vatican City)-ANNEXED BY ITALY
Howland Island
Jan Mayen
Jarvis Island
Jersey
Johnston Atoll
Juan de Nova Island
Kingman Reef
Kiribati
Maldives
Malta
Man, Isle of
Marshall Islands
Martinique
Mauritius
Mayotte
Micronesia, Federated States of
Midway Islands
Moldova
Monaco
Monserrat
Nauru
Navassa Island
Nepal
Netherlands Antilles
New Caledonia
Niue
Norfolk Island
Northern Mariana Islands
Palau
Palmyra Atoll
Paracel Islands
Pitcairn Islands
Reunion
Saint Helena
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Saint Vincent & the Grenadines
Samoa
San Marino-ANNEXED BY ITALY
São Tomé & Príncipe
Solomon Islands-ANNEXED BY AUSTRALIA
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
Spratly Islands
Svalbard
Togo
Tokelau
Tonga
Trinidad & Tobago
Tromelin Island
Turkmenistan
Turks and Caicos Islands
Tuvalu
Uganda
Vanuatu
Virgin Islands
Wake Island
Wallis and Futuna
Western Sahara

Afghanistan
Albania
Angola
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bahamas, The
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Belize
Benin
Bolivia-ANNEXED BY BRAZIL
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Botswana-ANNEXED BY SOUTH AFRICA
Brunei
Bulgaria
Burkina Faso
Burma
Cambodia-ANNEXED BY CHINA
Cameroon
Central Africa Republic
Chad
Chile
Comoros
Congo, Democratic Republic of
Congo, Republic of
Costa Rica
Côte d'Ivoire
Cyprus
Djibouti
Dominica
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Estonia
Ethiopia
Falkland Islands
Fiji
Faroe Islands
Gabon
Gambia, The
Georgia
Ghana
Grenada
Guadeloupe
Guam
Guatemala
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
Guyana-ANNEXED BY BRAZIL
Haiti
Honduras
Jordan-ANNEXED BY IRAQ
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Laos-ANNEXED BY CHINA
Latvia
Lebanon-ANNEXED BY IRAQ
Lesotho-ANNEXED BY SOUTH AFRICA
Liberia
Liechtenstein-ANNEXED BY GERMANY
Lithuania-ANNEXED BY POLAND
Luxembourg Macau
Macedonia, FYOM
Madagascar
Malawi
Mali
Mauritania
Mongolia-ANNEXED BY RUSSIA
Morocco
Mozambique-ANNEXED BY SOUTH AFRICA
Namibia-ANNEXED BY SOUTH AFRICA
Nicaragua
Niger
Oman
Panama
Papua New Guinea-ANNEXED BY AUSTRALIA
Paraguay
Peru-ANNEXED BY BRAZIL
Philippines
Puerto Rico
Qatar
Rwanda
Senegal
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Slovakia-ANNEXED BY POLAND
Slovenia-ANNEXED BY ITALY
Somalia
Sri Lanka
Suriname-ANNEXED BY BRAZIL
Swaziland
Tajikistan
Tanzania
Uruguay
Uzbekistan
Venezuela-ANNEXED BY BRAZIL
Vietnam-ANNEXED BY CHINA
Yemen
Yugoslavia
Zambia
Zimbabwe

Algeria
Belarus
Colombia-ANNEXED BY BRAZIL
Croatia
Cuba
Ecuador
Hong Kong
Hungary-ANNEXED BY POLAND
Iceland-ANNEXED BY CANADA
Jamaica
Kenya
Korea, North-ANNEXED BY JAPAN
Libya
Malaysia
New Zealand
Nigeria
Romania-ANNEXED BY UKRAINE
Singapore
Sudan-ANNEXED BY EGYPT
Syria-ANNEXED BY IRAQ
Thailand
Tunisia

Austria-ANNEXED BY GERMANY
Belgium-ANNEXED BY FRANCE
Czech Republic-ANNEXED BY GERMANY
Denmark-ANNEXED BY GERMANY
Egypt-FINMASTER
Finland-ANNEXED BY RUSSIA
Greece
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq-AZALE
Ireland-ANNEXED BY BRITAIN
Kuwait
Netherlands
Portugal
Saudi Arabia
Switzerland
Taiwan
United Arab Emirates

Argentina
Australia-DEMETRIAS
Brazil-RODDYVR
Britain
Canada-REDWARFIAN
China-EREZ
India
Italy-WARMAN17
Israel
France-STALIN
Germany-SHEEP2
Japan-NAERVOD
Korea, South
Mexico
Norway
Pakistan
Poland-KAMILIAN1
Russia-OCTAVIANX ANNEXED BY CHINA
South Africa-SKILORD
Spain
Sweden-ANNEXED BY GERMANY
Turkey
Ukraine-EMU
United States-SGT. HELLFISH

Have fun! Any questions, just ask!

DO NOT JOIN IF YOU ARE GOING TO QUIT
If you have vacation soon, plan to leave, or anything else, do not join! This game does NOT need a huge player base, it can survive off of 5 or 6 players, but I DO NOT WANT people quitting. If you do, you will be punished in my next ones :).

Last notes by nemesis:

Whenever you have time, try and create your nation's thread(see the rules, each nation has it's own thread).

[edit: turn changes at 9pm PST]

If someone joins after Turn 1 has ended, they get however much their nation would have got for the turns they have missed(don't worry, they'll still miss out a bit cause they won't have other nations and factories).

Oh, and there is no banking limit, and no upkeep.

Finally, units are built in your capital country, or in a factory if you own one in another country. From there they can move straight away(sea units are build in the ocean next to your capital. If your capital is landlocked, then you cannot build sea units until you have a factory near an ocean).

Oceans count as all the little rivers, gulfs and other bits which lead off of them as well.

Don't forget to make your nation threads, if you can't be bothered to do much, just put the game info, no frills such as maps, flags or newspapers are really needed, unless you want to.

And don't try cheating on your buying or moving, cause I will be checking out the nation threads!

One last thing, if you don't have your nation thread made within 3 days(turns) of joining, I'll clear your nation for someone else to play, and delete you from the NES(you can sign up again as someone else, but the same will happen if you don't make your thread).

Nemesis

PS: Remember to keep your thread updated quite regularly, and to tell me if you're going on holiday.

One more thing(can't help myself lol). Turkey can't crush Syria in the first turn, as he can still afford one infantry, which is enough to defend against everything but a tank or a massed attack.

And remember, due to them getting income the same way you do, the 1 and 2 credits nations won't have an army until turn 2 or 3, although casualties may be inflicted by the people, who may turn guerrilla or have formed a militia(can even happen in your provinces, but not often).

Finally, you may have to keep a garrison of a certain number of combat units(artillery doesn't count as a combat unit for this purpose, the cheapest unit to garrison with is infantry) in a country you have taken to prevent it rebelling against you. Over time, it will become more loyal, and finally the garrison requirements will lower to nothing.

MORE NOTES, FOR JNESIV EXCLUSIVLY
Ok, remember you can only attack once a turn, but can bomabard as many as you want.

If you wish to have a secret attack on a player nation, you must put in your public orders where all your military is, and this must be true, before the attack. Then you can PM me secretly the attack plans.

Artillery and airforce do NOT count as a garrison.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
I will post Q&A here from the thread.

Q:is this like a board fast pace game? baam, russia and china down in one turn? or more of a insight depth game, very realistic. 3,4 turns to prepare for invasion (ive wanted this kind for a loooong time)
A:The fighting should be as realistic as possible. For example, if the United States invaded Canada, he might have his fighter squadons take to the sky to gain superiority first, then he'll want to start bombing say Quebec City, Toronto, and other major cities, and then move his forces city by city. This happens usually within a turn or two, all this can be accomplished. Most wars, for our time's sake, will take one turn. It is best to do strategy like this, I will usually make win the war and your losses less.

Q:arent the anti-missile systems too powerful?
is right of passage possible??
A:Maybe it's just the Nukes are too powerful. Right of Passage is allowed, but you both must state in your threads that you are in the certain country. So if Canada has a ROP and has troops in America, both the American and Canadian threads should show it.

Q:also, can we have secret ROPs?
A:no, everything you do must be posted on your thread.

@Roddy,

Lets see if I can answer them all.

jason, you list the unit fighting abilities as: excelent, good, okay and poor.
now is that the order they should be in? the good and okay ones are the ones that i aint sure about. which one is better?

First, I did not label them, UK did :). And you are right in the order.

since Suriname gets 2 gold a turn, and its only turn 1, they have 2 gold, which aint enough to buy an actual military unit. does this mean that i take it without a fight? or is there still a fight against the "natives" like militia, or maybe the criminal element mobilizing. lol.

You fight militia, shouldn't be too hard. I will however be rolling a die sometimes for randomness, so there is a slight chance something may happen.

jason, in the original of these games, the factories and some of the other structures took more then one turn to complete. is that still the case? or are factories done the turn after you start them?
Turn after you start them.

the horizon game (base for UKs game) had trading that would raise the economies of the trading nations. are you gonna include anything like that?

No trade as of now. May open up in the future.

remembered another thing that isnt in this game.
Garrisons. do we need to station garrison troops in conquered countries?

There will be garrisoning.

@ IceEye

Q: Will NPC nations attack me? If yes only when provocated or simply if they think they can win?

Npc Nations will not engage in diplomacy or offensive movements.

@ Finmaster

Unless there is an israeli player (I dont think there is) then they will not respond.

@ Everyone

Turn ends will be at 9:00 pm PST every day. Remember, I will do battles in between, but you can not do anything else that turn just cus i did your battle early, you must wait.

UU's

Remember - these are units only your nation can build. This means you can build them and sell them to other nations, but you can not sell them "blue-prints" or anything like that.

Again, many will be rip-off's from nemesis, since I do not know much about military units. All credit to Uknemesis.

Poland - Hind
Replaces the Gunship Squadron. Excellent in attack(the Gunship is only good in attack) and okay in defence, these are powerful all rounders. However, being helicopters, just like other air units they cannot take territory, so must be supported by infantry or other ground units. Costs just 3 credits.

United States - Supercarrier
Replaces the aircraft carrier. Costs only 20 credits, and carries 5 wings instead of 3.

Barbados - Coastal Patrol
Replaces the corvette. Is okay against all units, and excellent against transports(as it carries torpedoes). Costs just 3 credits.

Russia - T-80 Division
Replaces the Armoured Division. Is exactly the same, but is better in defence that the Armoured Division. Costs just 5 credits.

Iraq - Republican Guard
An infantry unit with an Excellent defense stat, but costs 4c

China - Red Infantry
Replaces normal infantry, but isn't quite as well trained. Costs just 2 credits.

Egypt - Killer Submarine
Replaces the attack submarine. Costs just 3 credits and carries Tomahawks in addition to its usual Harpoons and torpedoes.

Sweden - JAS 39 Gripen
A fighter squadron with better attack than the normal fighter squadron and costs 6 credits.

Japan - Amphibious Assault Submarine
Replaces the attack submarine. Costs 5 credits, as normal, but can carry one land unit, and fire Tomahawk cruise missiles.

Brazil - Armed Helicopter Transport Squadron
Replaces the Helicopter Transport Squadron. Costs just 3 credits, and can defend itself, unlike normal transports.

South Africa - Cheetah Fighter
Replaces the Jet Fighter with an excellent defense, good attack status, and costs 8c.

Australia - Vangaurd Submarine
Replaces nuclear submarine, and carries one more tactical nuke(making it 2 in total) and costs only 12 credits.

Germany - Neo Panzer Tank Divisions
Replaces the normal Armour Division with a cheaper version, but packs the same punch, 5c.

Italy - Neo Legions
Replaces the infantry, has a good attack instead of poor. Costs 3c still.

France - MIRAGE Jet
Replaces the Jet Fighter but costs 6c instead of 7c.

Ukraine - Stealth Slicer
Replaces the Stealth Bomber unit with a better produced version that costs 13c.

Canada - Halifax Class Frigate
Replaces the regular Frigate, and can carry one of any kind of helicopter, is good in attack instead of poor, and costs 8 credits.

Britain - Royal Harrier
Replaces the naval air wing, the Royal Harrier only costs 8c and has a Excellent an attack ability, and good in defense still.

Saudi Arabia - Fanatic
Replaces the Special Forces and costs a lot less, at only 5c a pop. Can not be bought by another nation.

I have changed the rules a bit. You must post your orders here in this thread as well as a list in your nation template (just copy and paste, should be easy). And for clarification: after each turn, you may do your orders. You do not need to wait for my go-ahead, or for battles. If I miss your battles in a turn, then you'll just have to wait till next turn. Think of it as like weather, or financial delays to your wars. ;)

Jason

I will be Iraq, and will be still ruled by Saddam, mainly for story purposes.

This is gonna rock Jason! :D

I think you said do orders here? Well, ill do them in both until i know:

July, 2003- Turn 1
4c to spend
-- build 1 infantry
-- bank remaining 1c

Iraq!

To: Israel

We've had a change of heart recently. You see, we see why you see the errors of our blindness. We would love to follow in Egypt's footsteps many years ago, and sign a permanent peace treaty.

Sincerely, Saddam Hussein

To: Turkey & Egypt

Why hello, Arabian brothers!!! I see your all nice as powerful, oops, i mean well. How would you like an alliance with your fellow neighbor?

To: Iran

We've had enough Iraqis lose thier life trying to invade your country (danged mountains *curses*), we would like a FULL peace treaty.

To: Saudis

Hello. NAP?

Now that my NES has ended, I can join this one. So, I will be EGYPT!!

From Egypt
To Iraq:
We accept your alliance. Arab nations need to stick together to oppose imperialism from eeevil countries.

And orders:
Bank credits!

I will be Sweden!!! My UU should probably be JAS 39 Gripen, a fighter squadron with better attack than the normal fighter squadron. Another idea would be the stealth "corvette" class Visby. A boat that carries own helicopters for recon and submarine hunt, anti ship missiles, air defense missiles and a cannon. - Just a couple of tips Jason.

Will start thread and post orders as soon as my UU is decided.

Top Bottom