• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Term 4: Aventine - The Renaissance

Noldodan

2 years of waiting...
This is the official thread of Aventine.

Term 3 Aventine Thread

Governor of Aventine: Noldodan
Deputy Governor of Aventine: Gingerbread Man

Announcements:
None.

Cities:

Aureus (capital)
Inadatto
Regia Doughnutia
Lake Asphinxia
Elephantine
Memphis
New Jedina
River Crossing
Iron Hills
Omalu
Seven Hills

Build Queues:

Aureus: Knight, Musketman, Knight
Inadatto: University, Bank, Knight
Regia Doughnutia: University, Bank, Knight
Lake Asphinxia: Marketplace, Cathedral, University
Elephantine: Marketplace, Cathedral, University
Memphis: Knight, Musketman, Knight
New Jedina: University, Knight, Knight
River Crossing: Barracks, Knight, Musketman
Iron Hills: Granary, Library, Marketplace
Omalu: Marketplace, University, Bank
Chieftess: Library, Aqueduct, Marketplace
Seven Hills: Library, Marketplace, Barracks

Flag:

I would like all Governors to view the following thread and show their support for it.

Military Plee

Dear Governor,

Why aren't Elephantine, Omalu, Regia Doughnutia and River Crossing growing?

Why isn't there a courthouse in Memphis?

Why are Elephantine, Lake Asphinxia and Omalu building markets instead of universities?

Why isn't Aureus being prepped for wonder building?

Signed,
A Concerned Citizen

Dear Concerned Citizen,

Why aren't Elephantine, Omalu, Regia Doughnutia and River Crossing growing?
These cities are not growing because my requests for irrigation for these cities has been completely denied.

Why isn't there a courthouse in Memphis?
There is no Courthouse in Memphis because it is only five tiles away from the Forbidden Palace at New Jedina.

Why are Elephantine, Lake Asphinxia and Omalu building markets instead of universities?
These cities are building Marketplaces because we will be increasing the tax rate soon, making them useful. But, as is already noted in the build queues, Universities are to be built immediately following the Marketplaces.

Why isn't Aureus being prepped for wonder building?
It is not being prepped for wonder building because I have seen no instructions to prep it for wonder building, although it has been noted that a poll is on progress on this matter.

Signed,
Noldodan Taurnaina, Governor of Aventine

From the Jade Haouse

I urge the govenor to parisipate in this discussion regarding the placement for the wonder.

ToE Wonder plan

Thanks,
President CivGeneral

Noldodan, I would like to see the following measures pursued to better protect your province.

If you switch Omalu, Elephantine, Seven Hills and Lake Asphinxia to cavalry immediately, you can get those units in 2-3 turns. This will hasten our attack on the areas just north of your province. Since your lands are the closest to the front lines, I would like to see your cities take a more active role in raising troops for the time being. Doing so will get us even more cities surrounding our FP city, New Jedina.

On another matter, DaveShack has alerted us that Iron Works can be started in Iron City, as its radius contains both Coal and Iron. I suggest we start this immediately and get whatever worker support we can to mine those hills ASAP.

Thanks for your time.

Memphis has 8 corruption out of 69 commerce. It can build a courthouse in 5 turns. Would that not be a good investment?

Omalu is not growing because the laboroers are working the hills instead of the irrigated plains.

Ditto for Elephantine.

Iron Hills is building a granary at size 6 when it does not even have an aqueduct yet. Since this city can build the Iron Works we should let it grow.

You do not need a mandate in order to ask that the tiles around Aureus be improved. That city's laborers are currently working 3 unimproved hills.

signed,
donsig, a disgruntled citizen

From the Jade House
Govenor Noldy,

As President I would like to see the Aventine Provance place in efforts to start building military units. We are preparing for war against the Egyptians and I would like to see this provance start to build Military units for the War effort.

Governor Noldodan,

I second the President's request. I realize that you are a bit sore at me personally for taking you to task on the Military situation, but we need to act on this now. Along with the 4 cities I proposed earlier, I would like you to look at any other possibilities we have to build Cavalry. You have developed a good amount of infrastructure here, so the few turns to support this effort shouldn't hurt in the slightest.

Thank you for your time, Mr. Governor.

Well, Aventine currently has 12 Cavalry and 7 Musketmen in its queues, in 9 cities. Good enough? And DZ, I'm not sore with you at all. Sorry if I made it seem that way.

I would only ask that you switch three cities immediately to cavalry, so that we can get them in 2-3 turns.

Elephantine has 5/5 happies with no cultural threat in sight and is building a Cathedral. We can forgo this to get a quick Cav near the front lines.

Omalu is a Size 3 city, so it doesn't immediately need a University. We can get a quick Cav if we switch production. If you help me out here, I will make this city a Size 12 priority while it returns to University production.

Lake Asphinxia is in the same boat as Elephantine. A well inland city with no culture risk and moderate happiness. This is the toughest call, but will greatly enhance our Military.

The good news is that if you make these changes now, you may not need the third-in-queue Cavalry units you have posted. In essence, if you agree to these three city queue changes now, Aventine can more quickly get back to improving itself.

What do you think?

Governor, would you be kind enough to swap muskets for cav in your build queues as we hope to upgrade spearmen to meet that requirement for the invasion.

Thanks

Originally posted by Peri
Governor, would you be kind enough to swap muskets for cav in your build queues as we hope to upgrade spearmen to meet that requirement for the invasion.

Thanks

Yes, please do so Governor. Capitoline has included the production of six cavalry in its queue for this war effort. Let's get the force raised so we can get back to improving our provinces!

Governor donsig

Queues have now been changed in accordance with all suggestions posted here.

Noldodan,

As I was putting my ideas on paper, I noticed that Aventine was bearing the brunt of the military effort. When I saw your instructions, you've truly helped bring the Army of Fanatica back up to where it is needed. Cavalry will remain the offensive unit for quite some time. All nations, even those planning on a build and research plan, need a strong military to prevent anyone from attacking them. The efforts of Aventine enabling us to acheive that goal quickly, rather than stringing it out, it admirable!

Thanks for your help, I hope it is recognized and rewarded in the future!

-- Ravensfire

I'd like to echo these sentiments. Thank you for supporting this venture with such enthusiasm.

Top Bottom