Screenshot of the week

Psy

Master Of Orion
am ready to rule. :D

omg, I wanna have too :cry:

And look at that mini map, the world looks nice :goodjob:

Just noticed that a small number appears just to the right of the city name. E.g. 4 are displayed next to "Oil Springs" and 2 are displayed just right to "Grand River". Anybody have an idea of what they mean?

Maybe they are showing how many turns till the city will grow again?! That would be a nice feature
:goodjob:

Originally posted by Psy
Just noticed that a small number appears just to the right of the city name. E.g. 4 are displayed next to "Oil Springs" and 2 are displayed just right to "Grand River". Anybody have an idea of what they mean?

Maybe they are showing how many turns till the city will grow again?! That would be a nice feature

May be this way. It's good.

Originally posted by Psy

You are correct. The first number is how many turns until the city grows, while the bottom number is how many turns until the city finishes whatever it's currently producing.

Also, though the screen of the week doesn't indicate it, the large city size number to the left is color-coded, so you can easily see if the city is growing, stagnant, or starving.

Dan
Firaxis Games, Inc.

Hey Dan, thanks for posting, but I dont see a new civ of the week! Get back to work! ;)

I still wonder what those little huts on the plains are. Because they dont occur in the same squares as irrigation I suspect they are mines... Perhaps in civIII mining grasslands and plains gives you a bonus?

The new screenshot has a worker selected and there are round buttons at the bottom that look like they control him.

Build Colony
Irrigate
Plant Trees
Boom ! (Mine???)

Next Row....

Road/Rail ?
Hand ?????
Bar Chart ?????
Polution Clean-up
Goto ?

Or did those mushrooms I ate for lunch affect me ? I have way too much time !!!!!!
:)

By the look of the cities and the settler being named 'Worker', I guess the civ is post inductrial age.

SO we could have the buttons for:

Change Terrain, Irrigate, Settle new city, Road/rail, Fortress, Skip turn, etc so from left to right:

TOP ROW:
1) castle - Fortress
2) water - Irrigate
3) tree - plant forest or change terrain?
4) compass thing (or a wheel) - mine or buld city or road?

BOTTOM ROW:
1) no entry sign - skip turn or wait
2) hand - hand signifies to build something so build city or Road/Rail?
3) wierd one - no idea?
4) pollution - Clean up pollution
5) arrow - Goto

any one got any ideas or know the buttons?

p.s.

the huts look like little towns, the seem to be built where the roads cross (why the grey and brown roads?). Have they included these because most cities have subhurbs or surronding towns???????????

Originally posted by Red Renegade
By the look of the cities and the settler being named 'Worker', I guess the civ is post inductrial age.

The Worker and Settler units are two different units. The worker costs one population point and is used to improve terrain tiles and build colonies to harvest resources while the settler costs two population points and is now used to solely build new cities.

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

You are correct. The first number is how many turns until the city grows, while the bottom number is how many turns until the city finishes whatever it's currently producing.

Also, though the screen of the week doesn't indicate it, the large city size number to the left is color-coded, so you can easily see if the city is growing, stagnant, or starving.

Very nice. I just love that you've been able to put so much information on the same screen. It gives the user a much more simple approach to important info. Microsoft could learn a lot from you ;). Guess you guys really thought about this when remaking the GUI and the screen dialogs :goodjob: :goodjob:

Look at the roads!!!
we´ve got brown, regular roads ánd greyish highways!!!
i wander what that does to movement...
1/3 on a regular road, 1/6 on a highway and 1/9 on a railroad???

They are gray railroads, not highways ;)

What abaout the little sun on the unit screen, does it stand for golden age?

Top Bottom