• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Fascinating

Mario Feldberg

Emperor
Can you read this without problems:

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

I can, fascinating.

I can too and it is, indeed, fascinating. But it only works with words you already know. I couldn't read a really complicated biology text for example.

It's the same with piano players and music partitures.

It gets more difficult if the words don't form sentences, the context of a sentence helps you even more in reading it, after all that often makes it possible to understand a sentence although it contains a word you've never seen before.

wow. Interesting. I read the paragraph with no problems, too.

Originally posted by Black Fluffy Lion
Looks like a post by spycatcher :ack:

:lol: Well, some people don't care how they spell.

In regards to this finding, I can read it, but it is slower going. Not much, but it is slower.

Very cool. :goodjob:

--CK

Originally posted by Mario Feldberg
Can you read this without problems:

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

I can, fascinating.

wouldn't it be "wouthit porbelms" instead of "wouthit porbelm".

Ack! Perfection already used the spelling joke! my post is ruined...ruined...

Read the paragraph with no problems. Pretty interesting.

Interesting... :cool:

Yeah I can read it, but it has to be said that the letters are still a little bit in the original order (' rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy') so that makes it easier. ('rarceesh ta Cigambdre Ustirenivy' for example would be a lot harder to understand).
Still fascinating though.

That's so cool. :D

Originally posted by Black Fluffy Lion
Looks like a post by spycatcher :ack:

DON'T think she won't see this. :p

At least that fascinating fact will set us in good stead for when the noble English language becomes totally mangled by illiterate yokels who use '4' instead of 'for'...

Top Bottom