New unit: Cog / Kogge

aaglo

Furioso!

Attachments

• cogdemo.gif
    cogdemo.gif
    98 KB · Views: 1,998
Very cool. My very own unit request, come to fruition. Thanks! Woo-hoo!

Now, I will make it impossible for any non-Mediteranean European civilisation to build anything but a coracle until the Middle-Ages! Bwa ha ha ha ha! No more Germans with triremes in 40 B.C.!!! :satan:

Aaglo IS the official shipwright of Civilization Fanatics Center!

:goodjob:

Most Excellent ship :) But I must say... There seem to be some sort of machine bow in use here (a lot of arrows)

Originally posted by Kinboat
Most Excellent ship :) But I must say... There seem to be some sort of machine bow in use here (a lot of arrows)
Yeah, rumor has it they were carrying a contraband load of Chinese bamboo repeating crossbows* :D

-Oz

*yes, these truly did exist.

Originally posted by Kinboat

:lol:

Perhaps I should make also a new arrow attack, with a bit less arrows :p

Thanks ;)

The Kogge was the main merchant ship of the 13th to 15th century. It was the main ship of the Hanse. Although designed as mechant vessal they were also used as warships, so called Fredenskogge (= Friedenskogge= Peace coq). Frisian Koggen were used in the crusades, while the ships of Lübeck were used in the wars of the Hanse. The ships which hunted and captured the most legendary German Pirate, Klaus Störtebeker, were also Koggen.

Adler

I'll soon post these updates:
- new arrow attack with less arrows, so it won't look like machinegun-like arrowattack.
- additional cannon attack: not historically very accurate, but some sort of upgrade for this ships weaponry.

Previews

Beautiful as usual, Aaglo! Wow, we have so many ship graphics for Ancient to the Rennaissance, I don't know where to fit 'em all!

(Just more material to copy & paste from ;) )

From one ship creator (plagurist) to another (true creator): :goodjob:

Thanks again, Aaglo.

--CK

Originally posted by Colonel Kraken
Beautiful as usual, Aaglo! Wow, we have so many ship graphics for Ancient to the Rennaissance, I don't know where to fit 'em all!
- scenarios ;)

(Just more material to copy & paste from ;) )
- by all means, be my guest, my castle is your castle... ect ;)

From one ship creator (plagurist) to another (true creator): :goodjob:
Thanks again, Aaglo.
--CK
- At Your service, Thank You, and You're wellcome :)

NOTE: ATTACK ANIMATIONS UPDATED! , see the 1st post for details :)

Top Bottom