StarTrek Units for the Borg

I am trying to be constructive here. But sorry to say, going by the previews I really don't like them, they look like a cheap cartoon, not something out of TNG, DSN, VOY or ENT which are the 4 serise the Borg have been in. And the view angle on the cube looks a bit low.

You should really try and get the blue out of the images, and give it a more metalic look and the Borg use green disruptors not orange partical weapons.

Maybe I am beign a bit harsh, but I really don't think there good enough to be Borg. After all, The Borg are about perfection.

WE ARE THE BORG, RESISTENCE IS FUTILE. Your comments will be assimilated and adapted to service our own.... :borg:

Originally posted by DELTAsnake
I am trying to be constructive here. But sorry to say, going by the previews I really don't like them, they look like a cheap cartoon, not something out of TNG, DSN, VOY or ENT which are the 4 serise the Borg have been in. And the view angle on the cube looks a bit low.

You should really try and get the blue out of the images, and give it a more metalic look and the Borg use green disruptors not orange partical weapons.

Maybe I am beign a bit harsh, but I really don't think there good enough to be Borg. After all, The Borg are about perfection.

Oh, I'm not done with them. I've already made changes concerning the phaser fire. As far as the angle on the cube, in the tv series and movies the cubes are always seen from below so that they will look massive and impressive which they do. However, in the CivIII world things are viewed from about a 45 degree angle above. Hence you can see the top of the cube instead of the bottom. I do have plans to attempt a more realistic view. These "cheap cartoon" versions are meant to be used to get feedback on animations and size. When those are finalized. I'll begin working on realisim.

I wanted to share these in case their were some people who didn't mind using a "1st century" Borg unit in order to finish their mod. :borg:

Wow, you guys know a lot about Star Trek. It looks like they were done MS Paint, but I wouldn't say anything because my last (and only) animations weren't much better, :lol:.

Sorry for the bad comment, but I agree with DELTAsnake, it looks nothing like a borg cube/sphere :) and the death animation is ridiculous :p

I would say it is a good start if you're new with unit creation though, hell, you're better than me, lol

Originally posted by Madeira
Sorry for the bad comment, but I agree with DELTAsnake, it looks nothing like a borg cube/sphere :) and the death animation is ridiculous :p

I would say it is a good start if you're new with unit creation though, hell, you're better than me, lol

Just so ya all know. These are my first units. And each time I work on them, I get a little better. Shoot that's the best death sequence I've had yet. I'll try to make it better next time around.

Edited to add additional material....

I've done some work on the Borg Cube. The following was modified from a preview image of a Borg Cube in the game Star Trek: Starfleet Command III.

New Borg Cube
Previews: Death and attack

The cube looks alot better.

2 Sugestions.

Death ani could still use some work, and when the Queens cube was destroyed in STFC wasn't the explotion a green-ish-yellow? It would look more Borg.

Also the disruptor would look better if you could make it transperant and have a few diferant termination points. So if it was fighting the Enterprise E it looked like it was shooting at differant systems. IE: one shot hit's the left warp necel, the next hits the bridge.

Death anim much better, the cube could use some more defenition, and yea, the beams would look better if they were fired from multiple positions at slightly different times

I agree with the above 2 posts, the greenish lookin' explosion and multiple phaser attack would look cool. Regardless, it looks much nicer, the camera angle's a lot better, also.

Here's a preview of an attack anim with one phaser shot, tractor beam, and torpedo.
I noticed that the flc2gif program I am using doesn't transfer as much detail as flicster shows. In flicster you can still see texture shading. This anim uses the cube from TheMorpheus. The tractor beam is in civ color. The phaser is not.

This is a work in progress. I've only done this one anim view in order to get some feedback. I plan to increase the number of frames and add multiple phaser shots. Perhaps another torpedo.

Originally posted by Tzar Sasha
Here's a preview of an attack anim with one phaser shot, tractor beam, and torpedo.
I noticed that the flc2gif program I am using doesn't transfer as much detail as flicster shows. In flicster you can still see texture shading. This anim uses the cube from TheMorpheus. The tractor beam is in civ color. The phaser is not.

This is a work in progress. I've only done this one anim view in order to get some feedback. I plan to increase the number of frames and add multiple phaser shots. Perhaps another torpedo.

Looks very very good

Here the pictures of the borg sphere and the tactical cube

Attachments

• sphere_cube.gif
    sphere_cube.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 846
Top Bottom