New Unit: Torpedo Bomber

Gogf

Indescribable
UPDATE: Ghost pixels removed, I recommend you redownload the unit. Sorry for any inconvenience.
------------------------------------
This is my first unit, so don't expect anything really good... As I say in the ReadMe, there is a problem, relating to land bombard. Please read the ReadMe. The torpedo is dropped from a fighter. Although I know it's not that good, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Torpedo Preview (it looks better in the flc, trust me):

Download

It looks pretty good, :goodjob:
perhaps adding some splashes when it hits the water?

I didn't download it yet, and don't know if this is written in the readme, but there is a huge ghost pixel problem.

To the extent of my knowledge, that's just in the gif (it didn't show up in FLICster). If it is in the flc, how do I fix it?

EDIT: the reason I can't view the flc is becase my Quicktime is "running low on memory".

Just like you made the unit in the first place, manually remove them from the storyboard.

Then there is no problem, it's probably something due to slow connection when showing the gif. Just look at the unit in flicster SpinCrus and you'll probably won't see any problems. (sorry can't check myself right now)

Now much better :)

Yes, I found out it was too close to the border. It has to be two (in some cases three) pixels away from the border. Odd...

Okay, on advice from a unit maker who is much better than I am, I am going to redo the unit. I will leave this version available though, although it probably won't look that good in game.

I can certanly use this for my Torpedo Bombers in my mod. They will now be the only ones to have leathal sea bombardment.

Would this go better and be more realistic with a helicopter, do you think? Or am I just an ignorant fool talking rubbish.

Originally posted by Figaro
Would this go better and be more realistic with a helicopter, do you think? Or am I just an ignorant fool talking rubbish.

Depends on the technology available. In World War II nobody really had helicopters. They existed, but were experimental and difficult to fly. Torpedos were dropped from specialized torpedo bombers. Some carried them outside like the British swordfish (that crippled the Bismarck) or inside like the American Grumman TBF.
Thse planes could be loaded with multiple small bombs for attacking land targets as well.
Of course, today helicopters drop sophisticated target-seeking torpedos.
SEETBF Avenger

Top Bottom