Beta Patch 1.13 Released

Micaelis Rex

Prince
Get it from this thread or directly from CivFanatics. (5.09 MB)

A few notes:

* This developer patch includes only the latest changes and requires patch 1.12b installed.

* This is not an an official release to the public and is only guaranteed to work on English versions. It did not run through QA and may contain bugs (and of course there is no support).

------------------------------------
v1.13 BETA
* Fixed Random Civ MP Launch OOS
* Adjusted Corruption Calculations
Capitals (Palace, FP, SPHQ) have very little corruption
Max Corruption is now 90%
FP & SPHQ now give 50% more cities to your optimal city count (This makes it extremely valuable to the AI)
* Secret Police HQ no longer gives effects when player leaves Communism
* Updated Civilopedia.txt Forbidden Palace to explain that all cities are still affected by distance from the Real Capital.
* Fixed Credit Typos

[EDIT: Notes added by Thunderfall]

Originally posted by Micaelis Rex
Get it from this thread.

v1.13 BETA
FP & SPHQ now give 50% more cities to your optimal city count (This makes it extremely valuable to the AI)
* Updated Civilopedia.txt Forbidden Palace to explain that all cities are still affected by distance from the Real Capital.
* Fixed Credit Typos

Wow! Just got my official copy from Amazon! Good timing! :goodjob:

max corruption is 90 percent? So this means that no matter how far away your city is, it could still become productive with a courthouse, policeman, etc? That would be real nice..

I tried it out and the corruption is lower. Building a courthouse in a totally corrupt city actually has an effect. Great !:goodjob:

has anyone noticed anything weird when you load a game? I have all the selection labels out of place.. for instance preferences is where civcontent should be.. and there are two coded options at the bottom of the screen.

it seemed to work ok once i un/re-installed the previous patches and did 1.13 again. Does anyone see that option to make a "seed" number at the top right of your screen when you first start a game? Kind of weird...

yea that was there with the last patch IIRC, so far i am not convinced that the patch has fixed the corruption issue however i have not tested it and do not plan too.

Still think 75% max Corruption would be enough, but is a turn in the right direction.... :p

I am just wondering if anyone knows when the 1.12/3 Final patches will be released. I think I heard Jan 10th somewhere . . . ?

Originally posted by Micaelis Rex
Get it from this thread.

v1.13 BETA
* Fixed Credit Typos

This looks like a very interesting way to improve the FP and SPHQ :) I hope that they nailed it now though. Playing PBEM's with all these different patch versions around makes life difficult. You don't know which patch your oponnent uses and that can be very unbalancing...

You guys might want to note that this isn't an official release to the public which is why this is not posted by Firaxis.

Originally posted by Qitai
You guys might want to note that this isn't an official release to the public which is why this is not posted by Firaxis.

As mentioned by nihil8r above, the final patch won't be out until June. Here is the earlier post by Tavis (Jesse Smith of Firaxis):

Update on Final Patch Release

Originally posted by Tavis
FYI, the full patch final release won't occur until June. (Q2, '04) Monthly updates will be posted with the latest additions. Code lockdown will occur early May with just bug fixing from then on. Once I smooth out the installation & setup easy version switching I hope that everyone uses the Beta monthly updates. June is pretty far away!

Originally posted by meltone1
max corruption is 90 percent? So this means that no matter how far away your city is, it could still become productive with a courthouse, policeman, etc? That would be real nice..
No, it doesn't mean that. What it means is that they first calculate corruption for a city, including corthouse etc., and if the resulting corruption is still above 90%, then it is reduced to 90%.

So if you have a city that is very corrupted, corthouse etc. may reduce the corruption from 180% to 130%, and then it is capped at 90%.

Now i'm confused. I thought FP would counter distance corruption so that for cities closer to the FP than the palace, the distance to the capitol would be irrelevant (in terms of distance corruption). Does this mean than FP only reduses distance corruption by a certain amount? Anyone care to explain?

Top Bottom