New Unit: Mozarab Infantry

embryodead

Caliph
Quite simple... not my best unit, but will serve its purpose I hope. I included needed icons and sounds.

Download:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/mozarab.zip

Some background information provided by ozymandias:

From the Encyclopedia Brittanica:

"Spanish Mozárabe (from Arabic musta'rib, “arabicized”), any of the Spanish Christians living under Muslim rule (8th–11th century), who, while unconverted to Islam, adopted Arabic language and culture. Separate Mozarab enclaves were located in the large Muslim cities, especially Toledo, Córdoba, and Sevilla (Seville), where they formed prosperous communities ruled by their own officials."

From Another Source (etymological):

"One of a group of Spanish Christians who adopted certain aspects of Arab culture under Muslim rule but practiced a modified form of Christian worship. ETYMOLOGY: Spanish Mozárabe, from Arabic musta‘rib, would-be Arab, active participle of ista‘raba, to become an Arab, adopt Arabic customs, from ‘arab, Arab."

Attachments

• mozarablarge.gif
    mozarablarge.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 6,419
Nice unit. In the epic game I won't call it the Mozarab infantry. Instead, I'll have it as the Arabic pikeman flavor unit. In RotO scenario (check it out btw :D), I'll probably use it as a Mameluke spearman.

Very dynamic attack. Good job. :)

Originally posted by Drivebymaster
Yes what Drift said this is good but why is it called the Mozarab Infantry?

:confused:
Embryodead provided two dictionary quotes explaining that.

@Drivebymaster
Because it's Mozarab infantry... it was a requested unit, and was based on a picture of... Mozarab Infantry.

Great animation there. Will be extremely useful. Very dynamic and realistic. I'd love to see him use his sword, too, though ;)

(Consider this to be a very crude, rude and indirect way of requesting another unit).

Looks very good :thumbsup:

... although fidget and/or victory animations could spice this unit up a bit ;) (not that they are needed, but they would add a nice extra touch :mischief: )

I love this stuff. Thanks, dead embryo guy!

Originally posted by aaglo
Looks very good :thumbsup:

... although fidget and/or victory animations could spice this unit up a bit ;) (not that they are needed, but they would add a nice extra touch :mischief: )
Maybe he could explode, and the spear go up into the sky. Or did someone use that idea already? :mischief:

embryodead, very good! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom